PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a real grassroots freedom revolution?

reardenstone
11-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I can't stand Rachel Maddow but I was watching a video I found on Youtube and could not help but wonder if she had a point in lambasting the Tea Party Express and the rival group called Tea Party Patriots.

YouTube - Rachel Maddow: Teabaggers vs. Teabaggers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8BLsj3mk8)

Tea Party Express is backed by "Americans for Prosperity" and the Patriots are backed by "Freedom Works".

The idea that was maybe a real grassroots phenom was taken over by Republican policy war machines. I don't want to see ANY grassroots movement have a list of chairs and official anthem singers.

I am eternally frustrated by Maddow but I am equally bothered by the suggested disingenuous of the two big tea party movements.

specsaregood
11-13-2009, 11:36 PM
I am eternally frustrated by Maddow but I am equally bothered by the suggested disingenuous of the two big tea party movements.

Ask yourself, "who named them the tea party movements?" Answer? the media. The Ron Paul Revolution has a "tea party" and all of a sudden they all want to be as cool as us and co-opt it; but its still the Ron Paul Revolution, the rest are just poor imitators. Screw the "tea party movement"; I'm signed up with the campaign for liberty. I don't want a single "party", I want to be able to throw whatever parties I want, whenever I want and that is called freedom.

evilfunnystuff
11-14-2009, 12:05 AM
if ya want a revolution it lives inside you not some hierarchical organization though we can influence them through educational efforts and by example

jkr
11-14-2009, 12:14 AM
yes we arghhhhh!