PDA

View Full Version : 12 million by dec 31st

brandon
10-02-2007, 05:15 PM
This is the new official goal on the campaign website. It is going to be really REALLY tough to pull this off. That is 1 million a week.

I have faith though. I can give 25$ a week every week for this quarter.

steph3n
10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Nice!!!!!

ghemminger
10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Link????:d

nullvalu
10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Link????:d

http://ronpaul2008.com ?? wow if you don't know that you should be here.. :D kidding :cool:

Vvick727
that is going to be touugh...

but i have faith

brandon
www.ronpaul2008.com

Based on this goal I assume they must have raised AT LEAST 6 mil in Q3

theseus51
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
I like it. =)

ghemminger
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
www.ronpaul2008.com

uh this link is bad....mirror? :D

steph3n
10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
digg effect already? :)

uh this link is bad....mirror? :D

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Ok now we really need to organize and grab new supporters if we're going to reach this goal. We should start thinking of a game plan on getting some new money since many of us are tapped out. Anyone have some solid plans for gaining new donations?

12,000,000 is big time. That's top dog status.

born2drv
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Guys... this is exactly what we needed! We're going to get lots of press when we release our figures, and the media is going to go into a frenzy when they see we're trying raise an ADDITIONAL $12M .... AND we're showing it in REAL TIME. This is going to be nuts! Either we're going to kick some major ass, or we're going to look really foolish, either way the media will be all over it cuz there's nothing they like more then a hero or someone falling flat on their face.... and we of course will be victorious!!!! :D

I chipped in another $200

We need to work hard and make this happen!!! Go knocking on some doors!!

FreedomLover
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
This is a fantastic idea.

The campaign has reached new heights, and with the increased donations, the good press, and the realization that ron paul really IS a viable candidate, the campaign can start making big goals like this.

The campaign needs to set these large fundraising goals, we see what happens when they start too low...we beat it too easily and they don't know what do next, besides keep raising the bar.

This one might actually be a challenge!

ghemminger
10-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Ok now we really need to organize and grab new supporters if we're going to reach this goal. We should start thinking of a game plan on getting some new money since many of us are tapped out. Anyone have some solid plans for gaining new donations?

12,000,000 is big time. That's top dog status.

I think your underestimating what we can scrounge up....I will max out next 2 months and HURT severly.....ouch

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 05:24 PM
When we do booths and such we need to start bringing a laptop with wifi so people can donate on the spot.

Zydeco
I agree, Freedom Lover. This is a ballsy and brilliant move.

You know damn well we are going to get him the $12 mil, too!! :D

Blowback
OMG I love this campaign.

Zydeco
10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I can't get over how ballsy this move is. The other campaigns have to be thinking, "WTF is going on??"

ghemminger
10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
When we do booths and such we need to start bringing a laptop with wifi so people can donate on the spot.

We need to SELL ITEMS at booths - are major focus need to be MSM coverage and $$$ fundraising....

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I think your underestimating what we can scrounge up....I will max out next 2 months and HURT severly.....ouch

Right but we should try to really work this too. This isn't an easy goal; it's a real challenge. McCain hasn't done 12 million, Thompson didn't raise 12 million, and Romney injected his own funds to get his amount. This is serious cash and it's going to take some hard work.

I have no doubt we can reach this; we just really need to work for it. Three million by the end of October is tough.

Tuck
10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
oh man that new plasma is gonna have to wait ;)

brandon
10-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I can't get over how ballsy this move is. The other campaigns have to be thinking, "WTF is going on??"

I KNOW! I LOVE IT!

IowaSupport
10-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh boy - time to get to work.

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
We need to SELL ITEMS at booths - are major focus need to be MSM coverage and $$$ fundraising....

Agreed with the selling items. MSM needs to be taken care of as well.

wolv275
10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
its time to expand our networks to non RP people and have them pledge some funds. This should be no prob for us, this effort is 100% aimed at the grassroots to mobilize and get new contributors. And i know we can do this. thats roughly 48k people finding 5 people to contribute $50, Peace of cake.

misconstrued
10-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Damn. I'm already maxed out at $2300 or I'd give more :(

RP4ME
Oh My Gosh!!! States competeing with a thermometer - thsi listened to my idea!!! Teh power of Ron paul forums!!!! MMMMWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

I am so stoked a Lady liberty Thermometer! ooooooo

This is SOOOOOOOO:D OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to happen!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

yoshimaroka
This is THE test of our determination, strength and true belief in liberty.

mavtek
10-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Lets go $2500 from every forum member is $10million we can do this! This is the gauntlet baby!

born2drv
10-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Damn. I'm already maxed out at $2300 or I'd give more :(

Call up your mom, dad, sister, brother, get the donate! Send them a "early birthday gift" if you have to!!!

Use your money to buy flyiers, slim jims, pay a kid to go door to door and wedge them into everyone's front door! we gotta use every resource we have!

theseus51
10-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Aww, no names though of who donated recently. Maybe it's just temporary.

FreedomLover
10-02-2007, 05:33 PM
RP will have to have a lot more fundraisers himself, us net supporters can't do it all by ourselves.

We'll also have to get a lot more new supporters on board. Preferably ones with an extra 2,300 dollars lying around.

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 05:34 PM
I hate to be the one.... but I told you so :) Nov 15th Ron Paul 15% in national polls!

Lets push this hard...hit the streets hard lets move!

Sematary
Is this just online donations? Or will they add in other donations as well?

HalogenFlood

Haha, seriously. They can't laugh him off anymore.

What I want to know is: does the $12 million they are going for include offline donations or is it just counting the online donations?

mavtek
10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Huhm, I'm thinking we must have hit close to 6 million this quarter, we must have gone over double 1st quarter, now the campaign thinks we can double it again!

holy shit amazing!

alsis8xmy
10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I miss the interactivity of the Thermometer, can it be added to Lady Liberty as well???

I liked when it showed the donor and the amount.

cujothekitten
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I miss the interactivity of the Thermometer, can it be added to Lady Liberty as well???

I hope they do it too. I remember when the thermometer came up it was static at first. They may be working on the code and getting it ready.

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Agreed with the selling items. MSM needs to be taken care of as well.

We saw the start of it on Lou Dobbs, RP had like 3 mins of three people pushing him saying he would be great for the nation and for the black community.

wolv275

oh yes it can, and im sure it will be here pretty soon, especially if the funds start to climb like stallone in cliffhanger :p

smtwngrl
Wow, they did it!

I was thinking that this is what we needed.

But in general, campaigns never do this, do they? They don't want to show their cards.

If there's anything the last week has shown...and something we already felt...is that we can go far when we know what the goals are and how much we are progressing towards that.

I was thinking they could have the amount raised so far available, and you see how much has been raised after you make a donation. That way, if other campaigns or non-supporters want to know what our current total is, they have to donate to find out. :D

But this move is even more bold. And perhaps it's more motivating, too. ;)

alsis8xmy
10-02-2007, 05:38 PM
The end of every month will be like New Years Eve (including New Years Eve)!

john_anderson_ii
10-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I hope they do it too. I remember when the thermometer came up it was static at first. They may be working on the code and getting it ready.

No matter how much you whip the flash programmer, or bribe him with cheetos and Mt. Dew. The code takes some time. :D

Bruehound
10-02-2007, 05:39 PM

Reminds me of the joke:
Q What did one programmer say to the other programmer?
A: You start coding, I'll go find out what they want.

skiingff
Roughly $133,333 a day needs to be raised.

Perry
Need $133,333.33 per day.

Perry
10-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Reminds me of the joke:

HA!!:p =Microsoft Windows

Zydeco
10-02-2007, 05:41 PM
This is indeed a challenge to us from the campaign. They've told us what they need to win, and now it's up to us to give it to them.

This weekend I am going to turn myself into a Ron Paul Bundler! I'm going to hit up EVERYONE I know to donate money to Ron Paul. My personal goal for the next 3 months will be to get people to send in $12,000 dollars in donations. That means I alone will be 1/1000ths of this effort!

Damn this is exciting! :cool:

born2drv
10-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Need $133,333.33 per day.

We exceeded this on our own.... once we get the mass media to help and some fresh blood i think this should be achievable

paulitics
10-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I love this idea. I have no doubt we will achieve these goals. We will find a way, because we can't stand to lose and these goals are attainable.

Now we should have activity goals for early primary states like NH and Iowa.

(example) Goal 1

New Hampshire
400,000 doors knocked on
10 state visits or rallys by Ron Paul
500,000 mailouts
## XYZ radio/ tv ads
xxx # volunteers

These are just random examples off the top of my head that aren't refined.

ALong with the fundraising goals there should be activity goals as well. Finally they realized the power of fundraising goals last quarter where we blew 500,000 out the water, now hopefully we pick up on the other half of the equation because fundraising, recruiting, and drawing new blood into this campaign is a symbiotic relationship that will lead to vistory in NH and Iowa, then ultimately to the whitehouse. But we must meet each activity goal to have any chance of winning the big prize, not a small feat but accomplishable if we realize this now.

ghemminger
10-02-2007, 05:43 PM
We exceeded this on our own.... once we get the mass media to help and some fresh blood i think this should be achievable

Thanks You - a reality check!

alsis8xmy
10-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I hope they seek our input on the commercials they produce with the money. I would love to see something along the lines of some of the highly creative Youtube stuff. Some of it has been excellent. I would hate to see some sort of bland same ole, same ole campaign commercial.

mavtek
10-02-2007, 05:44 PM
FUCK it!

We did $1mill in a week, we can do it 12 more times!

smtwngrl
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Huhm, I'm thinking we must have hit close to 6 million this quarter, we must have gone over double 1st quarter, now the campaign thinks we can double it again!

I'm not sure about 6 million. I'm hoping for 5. :D

Basically what they are doing with this goal is challenging us to raise $1 million every week this quarter. Obviously, the only way we can do this is by not only donating ourselves, but getting others to donate.

Hopefully, they will add in the fundraisers and money mailed in, too.

Johncjackson
10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
All this goal is really is doing slightly LESS than what we did online last week ( $ 1 mil per week would be around $13 mil/Quarter), except doing it EVERY week.

It IS an aggressive goal. However, it is needed. If you think last week was the High Water mark of the campaign, it's probably time to pack it in. Gotta do at least that well consistently here on out.

Zydeco
10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Actually mavtek, we got $1.2 million in a week, so we only have to do it 10 more times!

Obvious: ask anyone giving you a Christmas present to donate to Ron Paul instead! That alone, if we all did it, would be a monster.

smtwngrl
10-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I hope they seek our input on the commercials they produce with the money. I would love to see something along the lines of some of the highly creative Youtube stuff. Some of it has been excellent. I would hate to see some sort of bland same ole, same ole campaign commercial.

Yes, I was thinking they need to hire Lord Xar to oversee this. ;)

Hopefully, there is someone who could do it for grassroots as well. :confused:

FreedomLover
10-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Don't forget to mention, to people who may be wanting to hang on to their cash, that

"donating to ron paul now is an investment in your and your children's future, you will be refunded the full amount you donate 1 hundred fold when Dr. Paul is inauguarted, in the form of abolished income taxes, a budget brought back to surplus, an end to inflation, and a freer market that makes goods cost less"

or something like that

mavtek
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey, we better get real damn busy, we're already around $200k behind.

smtwngrl
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM
What about the MySpace effort? Is that still going on? Or could it be, until everyone that hasn't already been contacted, could be.

Vvick727
10-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Christmas will definitely cause a nice boost.

I'm sure there are some RP fans willing to put their gifts aside for the greater good

Razmear
10-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I still have the old thermomiter up on RP4.US and it is still climbing in real time and displaying donor info.
There is embed code in the widget if you want to add it to your own page as well.

eb

SWATH
10-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Alright, 24 million, got it.

rg123
10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
It could be an excellent time to raise the money the Msm 3 on the Democrat side
have stated publically that they will not get out troops by 2013. Good convincing
points being that Hillary voted to give Bush authority to invade Iran (S.AMDT.3017
Amends: H.R.1585 Lieberman Bill) . Today Obama tried to act anti war saying he did not vote for it. But he also did not vote to stop the Lieberman bill like Hillary, and Reid. If Democrats can be made to open their eyes that the Dem party is not going to stop the war we could potentialy grab alot of turnovers. People should start including those major points in literature. Dem and Independent voters need to be showen they support attacking Iran

erowe1
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh My Gosh!!! States competeing with a thermometer - thsi listened to my idea!!! Teh power of Ron paul forums!!!! MMMMWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

Yeah I know! I mean, they don't have a thermometer. And they don't have states competing. But other than that, good call! They must have listened to your idea and done this exact idea just because that annoying, er, um, I mean that great email you sent them was so inspiring!

wgadget
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM

It's so-----

so-----

so----

FEDERALIST!!!

Way to go, Ron Paul!

0zzy
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
I want to cry
its hard
its a challenge

WE CAN DO IT!
I need a job.

If I got a part-time job and got like 300 a month (after taxes and such :\), I would donate all! erm...maybe all. If its easy work: ) I still dont have a car, college tuition money, or...anything though :X.

katao
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
If I got a part-time job and got like 300 a month (after taxes and such :\), I would donate all! erm...maybe all. If its easy work: ) I still dont have a car, college tuition money, or...anything though :X.

Better than a getting a part-time job and donating 300 a month is spending that same amount of time talking to people and spreading the word. If you only convert 20 people, trust me - they will donate far more than 300 dollars! Plus they'll vote.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I want to cry
its hard
its a challenge

WE CAN DO IT!
I need a job.

Donate plasma and make between $30 and $60 per week.

Ninja Homer
10-02-2007, 09:13 PM
$12 million, that's it? :D Let's do it in half the time like we did last week! So far, we have exceeded every challenge Ron has put to us, so there's no reason we can't do the same here.

A lot of us are cashed out, so obviously we're going to need some fresh supporters. If everybody who donated found another 2 people to donate a week, it would be a piece of cake.

Talk to people... get them excited... get them to donate... get them to talk to other people.

Chester Copperpot
10-02-2007, 09:19 PM
www.ronpaul2008.com

That is what I was thinking too

austin356
10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah I know! I mean, they don't have a thermometer. And they don't have states competing. But other than that, good call! They must have listened to your idea and done this exact idea just because that annoying, er, um, I mean that great email you sent them was so inspiring!

can someone point me to that email?

I ask cause I have always been very interested in that idea since it was first mentioned.

Ninja Homer
10-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Reminds me of the joke:

Programmer's promise:
A. The project will be on time.
B. The project will be within budget.
C. The project will be bug-free.
Pick 2

austin356
10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Donate plasma and make between $30 and $60 per week.

how and where do I donate plasma? I have never done so and have never known anyone who said they did...... some help?

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 09:36 PM
how and where do I donate plasma? I have never done so and have never known anyone who said they did...... some help?

Search Google for: Plasma donation + {insert your city/town}. That should point you to places in your area.

austin356
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Search Google for: Plasma donation + {insert your city/town}. That should point you to places in your area.

WOW, hey there is one 100 yards from my home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be stupid for me to even get in my car to drive there!

Electrostatic
10-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Programmer's promise:
A. The project will be on time.
B. The project will be within budget.
C. The project will be bug-free.
Pick 2

The reminds me of an engineering joke:

The pessimist sees the glass half empty...
The optimist sees the glass half full...
The engineer wonders who the hell made the glass the wrong size. :D

Jon S
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
i think we should ramp up the "message rons myspace friends" idea, among many other ideas. this is ballsy not only because its so presumptuous but also because they risk getting made fun of for not raising the money.

we have to try even harder now