PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Gets The Jail Question!

qwerty
11-13-2009, 10:52 AM
YouTube - Pelosi Gets The Jail Question! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svX7TB8MCkk)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/a42s2/pelosi_gets_the_jail_question/

klamath
11-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeaw you bastards aren't doing your part. Well you will get health care in jail. We are so good to you.

WClint
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Notice three things
1) This is almost the exact thing Obama said.
2) She doesnt directly answer the question instead she says something akin to the "greater good" and how you the individual must get it or you will be a "burden on others" (the collective)
3) She qualifies at 0:58 ("if they cant afford it it provides subsidies for them to do so").
Well who does that leave, of course the Middle Class.

She ends with this "Do you think its fair is someone says I am not going to have it and if I get sick than I will just go the emergency room and send the bill to you".

###
Do you think its fair that the middle class has to pay for the parasite class. Do you think its fair that the middle class is forced to get insurance... and if they dont they go to jail, despite the fact that the government uses the same fucking taxes to pay for subsidies for those who can not afford insurance (and probably dont even pay taxes)

Do you think its fair that they are discouraging people to simply become mediocre

Cowlesy
11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
I can't wait to see them try and enforce this.

I think the only way they could conceivably do so is to nail people after they go to the emergency room and are identified post-visit as someone that "should" have it.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2009, 11:01 AM
But, illegal aliens are free and clear to keep sucking off of Americans. lol.

klamath
11-13-2009, 11:06 AM
What they are doing with health care is giving the insurance companies a monopoly much like the federal reserve. In other words they are making the Insurance companies the tax collectors like the Fed collecting the taxes by inflating the dollar. It takes the bame off the government and politicians and when it goes wrong they can blame the capitalist system like the banks and insurance companies.

fisharmor
11-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Fair?
If life were fair, she would not die peacefully in a beautiful villa surrounded by loving supporters.
If life were fair, she'd already be eating out of a dumpster.

Perry
11-13-2009, 11:13 AM

This is no different than going to jail for not paying your taxes.
In fact it is exactly that. Just another tax(albeit a large one)
They'll enforce it just like they do all other taxes and like it or not we'll pay.

Cowlesy
11-13-2009, 11:14 AM
On the issue of the person who goes to the ER without insurance.

Someone let me know where I jump the tracks.

If I go to the ER without health insurance and rack up an $1,800 bill because they keep me overnight, the Hospital is going to invoice ME for $1,800. Now I have to pay the bill, or setup a payment plan, or declare bankruptcy and have the bill discharged. The hospital either gets repaid by me, or sell the asset (my bill) to a collection firm at a big discount, and writes off the difference.

Now, is it the way "we all pay for that visit" dictated by people not paying those bills, so the Hospital jacks up the price to cover those losses from uninsured/non-payment visits?

Bruno
11-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Does she support arresting the people who currently go to the emergency room without insurance?

jmdrake
11-13-2009, 12:10 PM

I think the only way they could conceivably do so is to nail people after they go to the emergency room and are identified post-visit as someone that "should" have it.

It won't matter if you never go to the emergency room. They'll tag you when you file your income tax. If you can't show that you have health insurance you'll be fined. If you don't pay the fine you go to jail.

What would be fair would be to assess uncompensated care on someone's income tax or just let the hospital send them a bill. In fact I think that happens already (hospital sending people a bill). "Everybody" ends up paying the bill (through taxes) when people can't afford to pay the bill. But the same thing will happen anyway under Obamacare because everybody will pay up front for people who can't afford healthcare! This is SUCH a scam.

zach
11-13-2009, 12:14 PM
She didn't say yes, but she justified her yes.

paulitics
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
On the issue of the person who goes to the ER without insurance.

Someone let me know where I jump the tracks.

If I go to the ER without health insurance and rack up an $1,800 bill because they keep me overnight, the Hospital is going to invoice ME for $1,800. Now I have to pay the bill, or setup a payment plan, or declare bankruptcy and have the bill discharged. The hospital either gets repaid by me, or sell the asset (my bill) to a collection firm at a big discount, and writes off the difference.

Now, is it the way "we all pay for that visit" dictated by people not paying those bills, so the Hospital jacks up the price to cover those losses from uninsured/non-payment visits?

yes, but don't forget that a detstitute person gets their bills paid by medicaid. That won't change with or without Pelosi care.

This talking point of those who just show up to the ER without insurance get their bills paid by the taxpayer is a lie. Thye must foot the bill until they are destitute.

Krugerrand
11-13-2009, 12:47 PM
at least he didn't call her 'ma'am'

ARealConservative
11-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I would like someone to ask her if it would be constitutional to require every American to buy a gun and risk jail if they refused to do so.

Sandman33
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
What the hell is up with her eyebrows?

qwerty
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
She didn't say yes, but she justified her yes.

We all know why she canīt just say "yes"...

Because that whole thing is INSANE!

They are trying to make it look pretty...

amy31416
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I would like someone to ask her if it would be constitutional to require every American to buy a gun and risk jail if they refused to do so.

She'd respond as she has to other inquiries as to whether something was Constitutional with an incredulous "Are you serious?? Are YOU SERIOUS??"

Because, as we all know, actually following that oath you took is in the realm of kooky people and domestic terrorists. To suggest she even contemplate it is ludicrous.

dr. hfn
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Free State Project or Slavery

devil21
11-13-2009, 03:12 PM
You guys could actually hear what she said? I couldn't hear a word of her response. It's like her mic was cut off for the answer or something.

armstrong
11-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Food for thought people, calculate how much you pay annually for all taxes (property,income,and sales ex cetera) all forms of insurance and then add all forms of interest I think you will be very startled on just how much those three add up to

libertygrl
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Does she support arresting the people who currently go to the emergency room without insurance?

Apparently not because she's certainly fine with illegal aliens doing it. She only has a problem with it if they're American! :mad:

emazur
11-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I wish my name was Schmaury Stone

QueenB4Liberty
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
I wish I didn't need health care, but the government cannot force me to get it, this is not going to go over well at all.

pcosmar
11-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Pelosi Gets The Jail Question!

Let me know when she gets the jail sentence.

Ninja Homer
11-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Wait until they try to enforce it on the Amish. That will be VERY interesting.