PDA

View Full Version : Continental Congress In Progress

reduen
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM
In case any of you are unaware of this. You can view it all live as it happens from the link below. Let your friends know... :cool:

http://www.givemeliberty.org/CC2009/

reduen
11-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Here is a link with more info on this.....

http://www.cc2009.us/

dr. hfn
11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
hopefully alot of great ideas come out of this!

fisharmor
11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Because I didn't know about it before yesterday....
BUMP

evilfunnystuff
11-14-2009, 03:04 AM
so anyone know whats been goin down i saw some of the first day and it was super boring and just electing a pres

i heard they elected badnarik as pres but havent heard anything else and cant find any highlights

emazur
11-14-2009, 03:08 AM
so anyone know whats been goin down i saw some of the first day and it was super boring and just electing a pres

i heard they elected badnarik as pres but havent heard anything else and cant find any highlights
http://www.realityzone.com/currentperiod.html

REPORT FROM CONTINENTAL CONGRESS 2009
2009 Nov 13 from Rick Wos, Illinois Delegate

Dear friends, family, patriots, and ostriches,
Continental Congress 2009 began yesterday with the election of Michael Badnarik as President to preside over the proceedings. The opening ceremony was stunning. Music with Patriotic drum beating was blasting through the chamber to a procession of flags from all the states, carried by the delegates. I led [2nd in line] and carried the Illinois Flag that was placed on the stage next to the united States Flag. It was like something out of a movie. The room has a resemblance and feel of the original room of the original continental congress. We [the delegates] understood the most important task that lies ahead.

Each day it is streamed live on the internet. Go to http://www.givemeliberty.org/ Click on "watch it".

Day two
8:00 AM. The President called the Continental Congress 2009 [CC2009] to order in an auditorium, where Michael Badnarik gave an overview on the Declaration of Independence and our unalienable rights. With over 13 years experience on related issues, I can definitively say his speech was nothing short of brilliant. He was stopped several times by applause. The speech will be archived at some time soon and should be viewed by all. Bob Shultz spoke also on the First Amendment "right to petition".

The CC2009 moved to our delegation room, where we debated over the people's right to petition their government for a redress of grievances. "We the People" filed several petitions over the past 15 years. The government's response in most cases was silence, and in some cases, repeated harm. After a couple hours of heated debate on several points, no "remedial" instruction was reached and the issued was "tabled". {Robert's Rules of Order jargon].

After lunch, Constitutional Attorney, Mark Lane spoke on the lawsuit filed in District Court in Washington D.C., on the First Amendment right to petition, and the government's lack of response. The District court's decision was that the people do have the right, but the government does not have to answer [thereby making the right non-existant]. The Appellate Court affirmed and the Supremes "denied" hearing the case. He brought up several points of the court's decision which were at best embarrassing, and at worse, treasonous.

The CC2009 convened to debate the issue and prepare a remedial instruction/solution to present to our faithful government. After several hours of debate on many issues, the "Committee of the Whole" was unable to reach a conclusion, adn the matter was tabled. But, much was learned on the first day of deliberations, and there is much hope for tomorrow.

We were supposed to recess 45 minutes before dinner, but Delegate [Attorney] Orly Tatz brought up an important issue, and the delegation continued up until dinner with no break. Committees are now meeting [after hours] in the restaurants and bars of Pheasant Run. This a a very determined delegation who understands the grave situation our country is in.

Time is the tyrant. And, although we are looking only to peacful solutions, many are rattling the sabers.

evilfunnystuff
11-14-2009, 03:28 AM
thanx

dr. hfn
11-14-2009, 08:41 AM
this is fascinating!