PDA

View Full Version : Va. teen suffers rare illness after swine flu shot

Epic
11-13-2009, 09:05 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33845867/ns/health-cold_and_flu/

A 14-year-old Virginia boy is weak and struggling to walk after coming down with a reported case of Guillain-Barre syndrome within hours after receiving the H1N1 vaccine for swine flu.

Jordan McFarland, a high school athlete from Alexandria, Va., left Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children Tuesday night in a wheelchair nearly a week after developing severe headaches, muscle spasms and weakness in his legs following a swine flu shot. He will likely need the assistance of a walker for four to six weeks, plus extensive physical therapy.

Krugerrand
11-13-2009, 09:34 AM
But Vellozzi said there’s no clear link between the new vaccine and the disease.

“We know that GBS and other illnesses occur routinely in the U.S.,” Vellozzi said, noting that 80 to 120 cases are diagnosed each week in the general population.

“There are events that follow vaccination. That’s what they are, they happened to follow vaccination.

I think it's the denial that undermines their credibility so much in my eyes.

Dr.3D
11-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I think it's the denial that undermines their credibility so much in my eyes.
Seems they fail to recognize the others who came down with that disease may also have had a vaccination.

Krugerrand
11-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Seems they fail to recognize the others who came down with that disease may also have had a vaccination.

it's more like 'fail to admit'

Bruno
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks, I shared this on FB.

Remember how they told us the technology for this shot was totally different and there was no chance of receiving this rare disease??

BlackTerrel
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Out of about 40 million doses of H1N1 vaccine available to date

People aren't exactly dropping like flies. How many die from the flu every year?

Sounds like the logical thing to do would be to prove that it is more likely among people who have been vaccinated than those who haven't. Has anyone done such a study?

dannno
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Has anyone done such a study?

No, but we as individuals do not have the power or the authority. Only these government goons have the authority.. but they don't because they deny it in the first place. That is why we don't trust them. Not the only reason, however, there are many provable reasons not to trust the medical establishment.

maqsur
11-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately, GBS has been linked to just about everything: viruses, bacteria, drugs, vaccines, etc.

It's definitely suspicious since it happened soon after vaccination, but unfortunately, there is no real way to PROVE a cause/effect.

I feel bad for the child, and hope he recovers well. Let's keep in perspective the rarity of GBS, in proportion to the millions of doses of flu (and other) vaccines administered without sequelae.

pcosmar
11-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I wonder how much less RARE the will be by the time they are done vaccinating.

maqsur
11-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I guess we'll see.

awake
11-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Some one should make a central reporting website for anyone to report adverse events. I think it would give at least some indication of what is happening barring the media blackout on reactions.

So far I have seen nearly everyone, who got the shot that I know of, actually contracting a Flu like illness (non confirmed h1n1). Most, just days after; developing into a full blown flu. I did not receive the shots but fought it off with high amounts of C and D vitamins. The rest of my family got it full blown (no shots). It remains to be seen if this was actually H1N1 but over all it was mild in comparisons to regular flu.

Epic
11-13-2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi134.html

Bill Sardi on H1N1 causing pregnant women to have miscarriages

BlackTerrel
11-13-2009, 10:07 PM
No, but we as individuals do not have the power or the authority. Only these government goons have the authority.. but they don't because they deny it in the first place. That is why we don't trust them. Not the only reason, however, there are many provable reasons not to trust the medical establishment.

Only the government can commission medical studies?