PDA

View Full Version : I Was On Glenn Beck

Peace&Freedom
11-12-2009, 10:12 PM
I was in the studio audience at Fox today for a taping of a Glenn Beck Show that will air Friday 11/13, a town hall type meeting on African-Americans. Beck steered the whole thing towards black GOP conservatives who are against Obama, and the proceedings were tightly controlled. He promised to bring us back to tape a Part II of the town hall in two weeks.

I didn't get speaking time (to point out some of those present were not from the major parties), despite a number of tries at signaling for the mic (some people were feverishly pleading for time and didn't get any). At least Angel (a Ron Paul supporter from New Jersey I talked to before the show) got a few minutes to mention the word Libertarian in her comments. Wasn't a total loss, so I'll suspend final judgment until after the next taping.

Ian A.
11-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Awesome! I remember once where Glenn asked an audience if there was any congressman who represented them. The first lady mentioned Ron Paul, and without missing a beat added, "and he started the Tea Parties." :D

DirtMcGirt
11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
I saw part of his show today and he showed clips of a conversation with a military man in the streets of NYC; he said he would show more on Friday.

How did you get chosen to be part of the audience?

edit:

Just saw your signature; I see why you were in the audience but curious did Fox call you to be in studio or did you get there by another route?

Liberty Star
11-12-2009, 10:30 PM
A boy walks late in class, "where were you?" askes teacher. "I was on rose hill" replies boy and teacher nods ok. Few minutes later, another boy slowly strolls into the class and annoyed teacher asks same question to get the same answer, second student replies "I was on rose hill".
Little later a girl arrives in class, teacher asks" let me guess, you were on rosehill too?".

"No, I'm rose hill", replies girl.

Peace&Freedom
11-13-2009, 05:29 AM
I saw part of his show today and he showed clips of a conversation with a military man in the streets of NYC; he said he would show more on Friday.

How did you get chosen to be part of the audience?

edit:

Just saw your signature; I see why you were in the audience but curious did Fox call you to be in studio or did you get there by another route?

Fox called/emailed me. Angel got my info to Fox.

Cowlesy
11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Bump for John and Angel!

RoyalShock
11-13-2009, 03:47 PM
A boy walks late in class, "where were you?" askes teacher. "I was on rose hill" replies boy and teacher nods ok. Few minutes later, another boy slowly strolls into the class and annoyed teacher asks same question to get the same answer, second student replies "I was on rose hill".
Little later a girl arrives in class, teacher asks" let me guess, you were on rosehill too?".

"No, I'm rose hill", replies girl.

Our local high school football team plays Rose Hill tonight in the playoffs. Hope they can take her, err . . them. ;)

MRoCkEd
11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
watching now

DirtMcGirt
11-13-2009, 04:32 PM
There are some democrats that a squirming right now if they are watching the show.

Kbeaubs
11-13-2009, 04:38 PM
There are some "conservative" men on that show that are being dishonest with both us and themselves. Unless the definition of conservative has changed in the last 12 hours.

MRoCkEd
11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Angel did a great job. She not only dropped libertarian, but also ANARCHIST, which freaked Glenn out.

Kbeaubs
11-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I wish more of Beck's daily programs were set up like this. Sure I enjoy his scary rants every now and then, but this "town hall" is very interesting.

Epic
11-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh my god that was like the funniest thing I've ever seen

Angel dropped ANARCHIST on Glenn Beck live TV and Beck freaked the shit out, he was like, Anarchist?????

Angel patiently explained that conservatism and libertarianism (and anarchism) are largely about the principle of self-ownership.

But I was laughing (alright, cringing) too hard.

frasu
11-13-2009, 05:22 PM
any youtube?

thanks

samforpaul
11-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Peace & Freedom, I watched and appreciated that show and what many in the audience had to say. Hey, if you have any buddies in KY please encourage them to check out Rand Paul and support his Senate bid.

Peace&Freedom
11-14-2009, 02:38 PM
any youtube?

thanks

Here you go:

YouTube - Glenn Beck: It's time to be heard! - 11/13/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZTkBnujhYk)

and

YouTube - Time to Be Heard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMq_LEEx8is)

SimpleName
11-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I thought it was a pretty good show. He actually let people talk this time unlike his meeting of doctors. Maybe he'll actually have you back on and you'll get a chance to talk. That is what he said anyway. Then again, he said that to the doctors and moms too. :rolleyes:

Charles Payne voted for obama...? What is that called? Sell out? What an ass. A racist ass at that. I had some feelings for Payne and his emotional childhood story, but after that, it'll be hard to listen to him. What if I voted for a white guy because he was a white? It'd be disgusting and I'd probably be tracked down and shot.

BuddyRey
11-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh my god that was like the funniest thing I've ever seen

Angel dropped ANARCHIST on Glenn Beck live TV and Beck freaked the shit out, he was like, Anarchist?????

Angel patiently explained that conservatism and libertarianism (and anarchism) are largely about the principle of self-ownership.

But I was laughing (alright, cringing) too hard.

Yeah, that was awesome! I was so proud of her, and exhilarated just to hear that term used in a context other than than describing violent bomb-throwers and destroyers of property (who can never, and will never, be true anarchists).

Dianne
11-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Smiles.... just loved it :)))))

DjLoTi
11-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I can't wait to see how the daily show's gonna spin this... lol... :-)

Endgame
11-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Anyone got a tube of our person in the crowd speaking? Didn't see her in those clips.

GunnyFreedom
11-15-2009, 03:46 PM
liked the two clips, would have liked to see the whole show. I'll have to scour the 'tubes now

KAYA
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I thought it was a pretty good show. He actually let people talk this time unlike his meeting of doctors. Maybe he'll actually have you back on and you'll get a chance to talk. That is what he said anyway. Then again, he said that to the doctors and moms too. :rolleyes:

Charles Payne voted for obama...? What is that called? Sell out? What an ass. A racist ass at that. I had some feelings for Payne and his emotional childhood story, but after that, it'll be hard to listen to him. What if I voted for a white guy because he was a white? It'd be disgusting and I'd probably be tracked down and shot.

OMG, come on dude. I know the left loves to throw the race card at every chance but a Ron Paul supporter? Charles Payne is not a racist, that's just ridiculous... His reasons for voting for Obama, were sincere and completely understandable not racist.

ItsTime
11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
It was a good show. To bad some people still like the chains of the republican party because they are happy with their chains of Christianity.

KAYA
11-15-2009, 09:38 PM
It was a good show. To bad some people still like the chains of the republican party because they are happy with their chains of Christianity.

What's up with the bigotry and intolerance? "Chains of Christianity", wtf?

FSP-Rebel
11-15-2009, 09:52 PM
In the second video, it got kinda rowdy between the speaker and the guy on the panel. I thought the gloves were gonna be tossed off.