PDA

View Full Version : Optical Scanner and Finger Printing at Busch Gardens

Mani
11-12-2009, 08:12 PM
So I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL for the first time. And I had to go through some kind of biometrics scanner after I purchased my ticket.

I was a shlub, I didn't even realize what was happening. I was too busy trying to figure out if I just go ripped off. I paid $75 for my ticket and I thought I was supposed to pay $65 for my son. With my crappy math skills I kept thinking, "$160+" after taxes doesn't sound right, and I'm busy calculating in my head how much I was overcharged as I went through the machine.

I didn't even notice my brother and cousin put up a fuss. My brother put on his sun glasses and so his face scan or retina scan (I.R.I.S?) didn't work, so they asked to take his finger print and he said, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" and he was ready to leave the park. They just let him through without any biometrics. Me like the sheeple got my shit scanned while I busy brain farting over my ticket.

I went straight to the customer service desk and spent 15 minutes waiting to get a $10+ refund. Finally, my bro is like "Dude, WTF is up with the biometrics scan! That's bullshit!"

That's when I realized I was just profiled and saved onto some database somewhere. Fucking eh, I totally fell into that one.

From what I've looked up, they say it's to help recognize pass holders to the ticket, but I think that's completely unnecessary.

I'm going to a theme park and they need to take my optical scan and finger prints? Fucking bullshit.

tpreitzel
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Got to put all the technology to good use, eh? Hmmm. Where did the inspiration for all this technology originate anyway? ;) The latter is another subject entirely, e.g. inventors and their dreams.

Yes, these sneaky suckers will nab you through biometrics, DNA, etc. one way or another.

paulpwns
11-12-2009, 09:06 PM
It's a private company right?

I mean I know you took the blame and all man, but its YOUR fault. No one forced you.

Number19
11-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Not necessarily. Only if they make it known that scanning will be required BEFORE your ticket purchase, or alternately, allow non hassle refunds for those who object. They also need inform and consent as to the purpose this information will be put to and who has ownership.

Matt Collins
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Disney does this too. Judge Napolitano talks about this in his book "Nation of Sheep" and also mentions that these bioscans are subject to PATRIOT ACT snooping by the feds.

The parks do this to make reentry management easier and also "to ensure convicted sex offenders don't enter the park".

When I went to Disney and had them try to take mine I kept smudging the glass preventing a good print. After about 4 tries the girl just waved me through.

newbitech
11-12-2009, 11:14 PM
i went to hallowscream and saw that. I just handed them my pass and they let me in. You will also notice the sheep pile up in the long lines and just do whatever the person in front of them does. Me and my friends? We found the handicap line didn't have any wheel chairs at it and just went in that way. No fuss at all.

Pauls' Revere
11-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Albertsons (a grocery store chain) used these at the check out counters. I was outraged way back then about the need for a fingerprint to buy a friggin loaf of bread and use your ATM card. I paid with cash and still do, until cash becomes obsolete.

jkr
11-13-2009, 08:47 AM
to wait in line and ride crappy coasters.

pass

see you at ceder point!

MyLibertyStuff
11-13-2009, 08:51 AM
It's a private company right?

I mean I know you took the blame and all man, but its YOUR fault. No one forced you.

this

Not necessarily. Only if they make it known that scanning will be required BEFORE your ticket purchase, or alternately, allow non hassle refunds for those who object. They also need inform and consent as to the purpose this information will be put to and who has ownership.

Im sure they wont give you any problems if you ask for a refund.

John of Des Moines
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Sorry, anybody who pays $75 a ticket to go to an amusement park deserves to be eye scanned and fingerprinted.

werdd
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I went there when i was young, maybe 9. There were some awesome rollercoasters there, i remember the KUMBA.

No biometrics back then, that i remember anyway :)

werdd
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumba_(roller_coaster)

MelissaWV
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Those theme parks are a much better deal if you know someone in the state :) Passes make it worthwhile. My parents have taken my sister and her family to Disney and such, and have never had this be a big deal? They got hassled just once, being asked for ID which was reasonable (verification of ages for discounts, state of residency for passes), then being asked for it again just after they'd gotten into the park.

Smudge the fingerprints, keep your shades on, no problem. Say you don't want to be scanned, and that you have it on good authority repeated scanning causes impotence. Sure, they might look it up later and find out it's bull, but at that moment you might just catch them off-guard enough to let you through :rolleyes:

Busch Gardens/Sea World are at least way nicer than Disney. I loathe Disney with their boring parks, stale rides, retarded characters, and nonsensical layout.

newbitech
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
[/URL][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumba_%28roller_coaster"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumba_(roller_coaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumba_%28roller_coaster))

my favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montu_%28roller_coaster%29

and if you are FL resident you can by a year pass for the price of one admission. $70 to be able to go all year.. pfftt. hard to beat that.

not far behind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SheiKra

s35wf
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM
this

Im sure they wont give you any problems if you ask for a refund.

Oh yeah they'll give you issues if you ask for a refund! ALL park tix NO REFUNDS, NO EXCHANGES, NO Using/giving your tix to a friend/relative! NO Exceptions!

But yeah a few of us in the industry know some workarounds; so if you guys every need tix to the parks in FL just PM me. :)

HOLLYWOOD
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, Right... whatever you say, chairman Oba-Mao

http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/09/25/obamao-1.jpg

s35wf
11-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, Right... whatever you say, chairman Oba-Mao

http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/09/25/obamao-1.jpg

well thanks for the idea of selling oba mo stuff to the tourists this year; but i do believe ill continue concentrating on air 2 water machines & tours wth a lil tix action thrown in :)

if this above ^^^ was written cuz you think the parks will issue a refund to someone upon request; then call them & ask. The tix specifically state NO Refunds, etc, etc... read the back.

Mani
11-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah I admitted as much that I screwed up, and those guys did screw me with my ticket. The guy at the gate said a 1 year pass is as much as the regular admission, so I got the one year pass, but it was $10 more for my kid.

So the longest line of the day, was waiting FOREVER to get my $10 back from customer service. No hassle refunds? it was a hassle just getting $10 back.

There are all sorts of deals and we went last minute so I didn't get any of them.

The rides were great, it was a lot of fun, I just didn't like the biometrics entrance. I was glad my brother and cousin (my cuz is from the live free or die state) took their personal liberties more seriously. I didn't even know they refused to do it until later on. I hadn't even realized I got myself scanned until after I got my money back. I felt bad after all the libertarian fights I've been battling and converting my brother into a RP fan and so many others, I of all people, was the lemming. LOL. Guess that shows me, you must remain vigilant at all times!

awake
11-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Pick up a copy of This Perfect Day by Ira Levin. We have passed 1984 and are progressing.

ScoutsHonor
11-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Pick up a copy of This Perfect Day by Ira Levin. We have passed 1984 and are progressing.

Just checked this out on Amazon - it looks most excellent. Thanks!