PDA

View Full Version : My Rebuttle to Ron Paul is a racist!

jbrace
11-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Kool aid drinker: Obama's win was a powerful symbol for the people. It took a massive grassroots mobilization to get him elected. I'm no apologist for the wicked policies he's pursued, but its our job to organize and mobilize a grassroots movement. He is a politician. They are all the same. The people are the only ones who are going to bring change in their own. We have to increase the costs of business as usual to the point that it becomes in the interest of those in power to do what is right.
And fuck ronpaul! He is a racist pig. Google "ron paul white supremacy".

Me: Aaron, the only thing Obama's win symbolized is how the American people can be easily duped into believing that the man was going to be real change. A Red flag from the get go should have been looking at his top campaign donors. (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638) To say Ron Paul is a racist pig just shows your... Read More ignorance. He preaches equality, not that you should play favorites to one race, which actually perpetuates the race problem. And googling "white paul white supremacy will bring the same results as googling "Obama's a muslim".. your just asking to be proved right, without doing any real research. Here's a article you should read.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul188.html

hugolp
11-12-2009, 01:26 PM
There was an article about white supremacist against Ron Paul or something. That should prove Ron Paul is not a racist.

paulitics
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
There was an article about white supremacist against Ron Paul or something. That should prove Ron Paul is not a racist.

Yep. That should make the point pretty clearly.

jmdrake
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Paul from the Tavis Smiley presidential debate.

Paul: I would like to believe that if we had a freer society, it would take care of Blacks and whites and everybody equally because we're all individuals. To me, that is so important. But if we had equal justice under the law, I think it would be a big improvement. If we had probably a repeal of most of the federal laws on drugs and the unfairness on how Blacks are treated with these drugs laws, it would be a tremendous improvement.

And also, I think that if you're going to have prosperity, it serves everybody. And if this is done by emphasizing property rights and freedom of the individuals, making sure that the powerful special interests don't control Washington, that the military industrial complex doesn't suck away all the wealth of the country, and then we would have prosperity.

This is what we need and we need to share it. The free society is the only society that can provide goods and services and distribute them in the most fair manner. And that is the society that I would advocate and argue for and believe it's available to us.

Paul: A system designed to protect individual liberty will have no punishments for any group and no privileges. Today, I think inner-city folks and minorities are punished unfairly in the war on drugs.

For instance, Blacks make up 14 percent of those who use drugs, yet 36 percent of those arrested are Blacks and it ends up that 63 percent of those who finally end up in prison are Blacks. This has to change.

We don't have to have more courts and more prisons. We need to repeal the whole war on drugs. It isn't working.

We have already spent over $400 billion since the early 1970s, and it is wasted money. Prohibition didn't work. Prohibition on drugs doesn't work. So we need to come to our senses.

And, absolutely, it's a disease. We don't treat alcoholics like this. This is a disease, and we should orient ourselves to this. That is one way you could have equal justice under the law.

No white supremacist would ever acknowledge that blacks are being unfairly treated by the justice system.

specsaregood
11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
No white supremacist would ever acknowledge that blacks are being unfairly treated by the justice system.

That's not true. They would just argue it is a good thing.
Just like I have seen white supremacists argue that abortion is good because it keeps the black populations in check since they receive an unequal (higher) number of abortions compared to their % of the population.

jmdrake
11-12-2009, 02:13 PM
That's not true. They would just argue it is a good thing.
Just like I have seen white supremacists argue that abortion is good because it keeps the black populations in check since they receive an unequal (higher) number of abortions compared to their % of the population.

That's a different argument. It's one thing to say that you want another race kept in check by abortion. It's another to say "Yeah we know blacks are no more likely to use drugs but we want to throw the book at them." White supremacists usually take the position that blacks do more time because they do more crime. Pointing out that blacks that commit similar crimes than whites do more time undercuts their "blacks are just bad" viewpoint. White supremacists might want unequal treatment, but I've never seen them in fact admit that. I even seen white supremacists here argue with me that Ron Paul never said what I've quoted him saying.

Chomsky
11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
What is ironic is that now if you google: "ron paul white supremacy" this thread is the second thing that comes up. ;)

jbrace
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
What is ironic is that now if you google: "ron paul white supremacy" this thread is the second thing that comes up. ;)

haha awesome :)

jbrace
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
i'm not ignorant about paul. even the kkk claims they aren't racist. i'm not gonna do your research for you. there is plenty of verifiable information about ronpaul being a piece of shit. btw, voting against the civil rights act is one of the things that shows his racism. his explanation (which i was already well aware of) doesn't hold water with ....on Obama, good job on writing off millions of people as being "easily duped". that's how you build a movement? do you not think that many were thinking strategically when they voted?
i ain't gonna waste my time with anymore comments on the subject. don't take my silence as acquiescence to those views.

That was his response and I re-posted this verbatim... thanks Smiley

Paul from the Tavis Smiley presidential debate.

Paul: I would like to believe that if we had a freer society, it would take care of Blacks and whites and everybody equally because we're all individuals. To me, that is so important. But if we had equal justice under the law, I think it would be a big improvement. If we had probably a repeal of most of the federal laws on drugs and the unfairness on how Blacks are treated with these drugs laws, it would be a tremendous improvement.

And also, I think that if you're going to have prosperity, it serves everybody. And if this is done by emphasizing property rights and freedom of the individuals, making sure that the powerful special interests don't control Washington, that the military industrial complex doesn't suck away all the wealth of the country, and then we would have prosperity.

This is what we need and we need to share it. The free society is the only society that can provide goods and services and distribute them in the most fair manner. And that is the society that I would advocate and argue for and believe it's available to us.

Paul: A system designed to protect individual liberty will have no punishments for any group and no privileges. Today, I think inner-city folks and minorities are punished unfairly in the war on drugs.

For instance, Blacks make up 14 percent of those who use drugs, yet 36 percent of those arrested are Blacks and it ends up that 63 percent of those who finally end up in prison are Blacks. This has to change.

We don't have to have more courts and more prisons. We need to repeal the whole war on drugs. It isn't working.

We have already spent over $400 billion since the early 1970s, and it is wasted money. Prohibition didn't work. Prohibition on drugs doesn't work. So we need to come to our senses.

And, absolutely, it's a disease. We don't treat alcoholics like this. This is a disease, and we should orient ourselves to this. That is one way you could have equal justice under the law.

added my own little touch with..

Lol, and " thinking strategically"? Very strategic thinking voting for a guy who's top campaign contributors were major corporations and banks! The mess we are is because people don't THINK! Yes, Obama, inherited a bad situation, but he's done nothing, but make it ten folds worse! We're still meddling in the middle east, were still printing money out of thin air, making our country go deeper into debt. And you really have the audacity to bash a man on one argument that is erroneous-- when he's the closest man to actually fixing our problems? It's time people start waking up and stop drinking the government kool aid. What do you want me to say.. aww thanks you millions of voters for praising Obama and getting him elected and ruining our country?

catdd
11-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Only people who are stupified by political correctness would think that about Ron Paul. Just because he doesn't patronize minorities by making a big show of NOT being racist should show his honesty.
Do people want more bullshit or do they want honesty and integrity?
Do they want to think they should have special rights ABOVE everyone else's rights - or can they be satisfied with HUMAN rights just like everyone else?
Do they want big government to take care of them from the cradle to the grave or do they want to earn a living and KEEP WHAT IS THEIRS?? Pandering to minorities is the worst form of racism and white liberals who want to keep the minority vote have turned pandering into an art form.

specsaregood
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
btw, voting against the civil rights act is one of the things that shows his racism. his explanation (which i was already well aware of) doesn't hold water with

Uhm I'm pretty sure that RP wasn't in office when the civil rights act was up for a vote, so he couldn't have voted against it. He has pointed out many times that he thinks it is a violation of private property rights and overreaching using the commerce clause; but still, he did not vote against it.

RM918
11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Racist is the new witch, I care nor pay very much mind to it anymore.

Deborah K
11-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Here's my rebuttle:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2r3kq35.jpg

Elwar
11-12-2009, 10:08 PM
How do you know Ron Paul is not a racist? Because Ron Paul is not a collectivist. He supports the individual. Those who do not support the individual and see people only as members of a race are racists.