PDA

View Full Version : Your Mind is Controlled

qwerty
11-12-2009, 10:46 AM
YouTube - Your Mind is Controlled (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzrQyZZj7oM)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/a3ove/your_mind_is_controlled/

qwerty
11-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Bump! :)

dannno
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
bump

fisharmor
11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I just watched Network for the first time last month on Netflix on demand.
Anyone here who hasn't seen it, should. There's a lot more going on than just Howard Beale screaming.
He's actually a minor character. The real story is about his former boss, who spends the movie slowly snapping out of the illusion.
It's actually quite a mind blowing movie.

torchbearer
11-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I just watched Network for the first time last month on Netflix on demand.
Anyone here who hasn't seen it, should. There's a lot more going on than just Howard Beale screaming.
He's actually a minor character. The real story is about his former boss, who spends the movie slowly snapping out of the illusion.
It's actually quite a mind blowing movie.

I thought the actually production of the movie was poor.
Someone needs to make a modern version of this concept.

fisharmor
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I thought the actually production of the movie was poor.
Someone needs to make a modern version of this concept.

How so?
There were some hammed up scenes, but I think they were deliberately hammed to make us think about how many hammed scenes we've willingly watched in the past.
I take issue with the sound of the gunshots, but that was more the convention of the time.
I found the whole thing to be sublime... very much outside the standard Hollywood experience, which may be a problem for some, but that's part of the point of the movie IMO. You're probably meant to react negatively to what you're reacting negatively to.

torchbearer
11-12-2009, 12:42 PM
How so?
There were some hammed up scenes, but I think they were deliberately hammed to make us think about how many hammed scenes we've willingly watched in the past.
I take issue with the sound of the gunshots, but that was more the convention of the time.
I found the whole thing to be sublime... very much outside the standard Hollywood experience, which may be a problem for some, but that's part of the point of the movie IMO. You're probably meant to react negatively to what you're reacting negatively to.

been a couple years since i seened it, but when i talk about production i mean this-
A movie is to capture you and place you in the story. through great angles, direction, acting, and script- you are suppose to find yourself captured in the 'magic'.
this movie gave me the same cheap production as a day time soap.
Butterflies are Free is a low budget movie that has good movie production.
The Man from Earth is an indie movie that happens all in one room in the whole movie, very low budget, but the production brings you into that room.
Its a technical issue to a point- but acting and script isn't enhanced simply by technology.
I think it could have been written a lot better.

Original_Intent
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd tend to agree with fisharmor; I was under the feeling that you were not really meant to be pulled in, you were meant to almost be watching the movie "Network" as part documentary and part story. I thought it was absolutely brilliant as it was done.

torchbearer
11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd tend to agree with fisharmor; I was under the feeling that you were not really meant to be pulled in, you were meant to almost be watching the movie "Network" as part documentary and part story. I thought it was absolutely brilliant as it was done.

I see that as saying, the student who wrote nothing down for his essay was brilliant because his intention was to show the stupidity of writing the essay.
He still gets an F for production of the essay.

qwerty
11-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Bump! :)