PDA

View Full Version : How long have you supported Ron Paul?

uncloned21
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Listing how you were exposed would be interesting as well.

:)

Original_Intent
10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I heard about Ron Paul quite a few years ago through the John Birch Society. I have been subscribed to his Freedom Report newsletter ever since and have been a supporter for his presidential run as soon as I heard about it. I wish I had been part of the early group that actually talked him into running - if I had known it was going on I certainly would have chimed in.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Ugh, too many of us long-time supporters.

aghman
I heard about him when I started reading Lew Rockwell's site. After reading some of his writings, something just "clicked"

johnrocks
When I first heard of him 2o+ years ago. I have not really kept up with him through the years but have always admired him as one of if not the most principled and honorable men in government. I started supporting him for POTUS the second I knew he was in the running but I got excited after the first debate and saw how many others supported him. Until then I thought I was in the minority of how govt. should be run but now I see that I just might be wrong(hopefully).

uncloned21
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Ugh, too many of us long-time supporters.

yes, I posted this hoping to see a large number of new supporters. I know they're out there. They just aren't reading these forums 19 times a day like I do :cool:

myself, im in the 3-6 month category like a large number of others. i wonder if there was something that happened 3-6 months ago that brought a surge of support...it's important for there to always be more new Paulites than old.

nullvalu
10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
i wonder if there was something that happened 3-6 months ago that brought a surge of support...it's important for there to always be more new Paulites than old.

Yep.. It's been our grassroots campaign! :) And now you're a part of it, and bringing others in.. isn't it fun? 6-12 months, here.

hornet
10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
voted for him in '88.....so long ago i don't remember how i heard about him.....for sure it wasn't on the internet....:D

The Good Doctor
10-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Well define support? Finanical then more recently since his bid for President.

However I have been listening to him on Alex Jones show for quite some time and visiting his Congressional web site and every once in awhile would watch him on CSPAN.

But I pretty much have been a junkie since he announced. Watched every debate. You Tube, aritcles, web sites etc. Which is why I come here often!

Listing how you were exposed would be interesting as well.

:)

Kregener
10-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I was first told about him by my father-in-law back in 1994. Signed up for his Texas Straight Talk mailing. Donated a little bit of money to his Texas Congressional re-election campaign at that time too.

After writing in Howard Phillips of the Constitution Party in the Daddy Bush/Clinton debacle in 1992, I wrote in Ron Paul for president in both the 1996 fiasco between Clinton/Dole, and again in 1996 in the Bush/Gore dog-n-pony show.

Didn't "vote" when the blather and psychobabble came down to a "choice" of Geedub and Kerry, didn't see the point.

If Ron Paul fails to claim the Republicrat nomination this time, I am done "voting" for good.

ClockwiseSpark
10-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I came across him online several months ago. At the time I figured he was just another strawman to dilute the voting pool to insure Hilary won so I wasn't terribly interested.
Towards the end of August I saw some small article about him and his amazing grassroots support. I found that very intersting so I started doing some research on my own and after looking at his voting record, seeing him speak (on youtube) and finally watching Aravoth's video's, I became an avid supporter.

To those of you who say if he doesn't win the nomination you won't vote, please WRITE HIM IN! It most likely won't get him in the Whitehouse, but you never know ;)

TooConservative
10-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I recall him during the '88 election but didn't learn much about him or vote for him then.

When the Clinton regime was trying to pass National ID, Know Your Customer (banks spying on their customers for the government), and national testing (the Clinton version of No Child Left Behind), I was a strong supporter of Ron Paul as he joined with others like Henry Hyde and Senator Shelby to oppose them, only stopping them finally when it was almost too late.

Then Bush got elected and had Kennedy write NCLB, then 9/11 brought us the Patriot Act which contained the same Know Your Customer laws, and they're still trying to pass some kind of national ID, generally as RealID.

Brock Landers
10-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Growing up a libertarian in Texas, I ended up hearing about him quite a bit. He has been a hero to us for a while.

But I've learned so much more about him throughout this campaign...the more I learn, the more I like. :D