PDA

View Full Version : CNN "ScoreCArd"

peruvianRP
06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/debates/scorecard/gop.debate/

findmemonkey
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
One thing I would suggest is to copy the link to the new browser window, so cnn cannot track where votes are coming from

enter`name`here
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Weird it doesn't update right away, I know for a fact paul has at least one vote.

Therion
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Funny how most people on these forums know more about the candidates than those "experts".

peruvianRP
yeah it takes a long ass time.

Therion
One thing I would suggest is to copy the link to the new browser window, so cnn cannot track where votes are coming from

+1

ThePieSwindler
06-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Just voted.. and my vote didnt show up. It must be getting flooded with Paul support as we speak, and running slow.

Blowback
Voted but it is not including my vote in the total... weird

AdamT
This poll is absolutely controlled and manipulated.

Kandilynn
That is the stupidest debate poll I have ever seen!

llamabread
Mine is only showing five voters so far.

peruvianRP

just vote once.

cujothekitten
06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah... I know Rudy doesn't have 100% of the vote. It's imposable.

beermotor
I think its "deliberately broken." CNN sux0rz.

chandlerLBT
five votes went checked on details, and after voting for ron in most of them, he doesn't have one vote. what's going on?

dude58677
06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I voted for Ron Paul but it computed Rudy Guillani or didn't record it at all.

findmemonkey
06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
just vote once.

Yeah vote once and you can only vote once, but dont click on link in the forums, paste into new window

cujothekitten
Ron Paul (50%)
Detailed results
2. Who seemed to know most about the issues?
No big difference here. McCain All equally knowledgeable N/A
Ron Paul (50%)
Detailed results
3. Who had the best one-liner or comeback?
McCain: His response to the woman who asked about her brother’s sacrifice. Also – Giuliani's lightning strike comment. Tancredo (His remark: "I'd tell George W. Bush never to darken the door of the White House.") Giuliani (lightning strike) and Huckabee again proved wit and skill. N/A
Rudy Giuliani (22%)
Detailed results
4. Who had the most disappointing performance at the debate?
George Bush had very few defenders in this field of Republicans. T. Thompson Romney
He didn't grow N/A
Rudy Giuliani (33%)
Detailed results
5. Whose performance was most surprising?
Tancredo’s astonishing attack on President Bush. Huckabee
Witty and warm McCain N/A
Ron Paul (33%)
Detailed results
6. Whose campaign got the biggest boost from the debate?
McCain and Romney by defending themselves well – and by not attacking each other. Giuliani McCain N/A
Ron Paul (44%)
Detailed results
7. Who was the snappiest dresser?
Forget clothes. Romney has the best hair. I wonder how much he pays for his haircuts? Wolf Blitzer Romney N/A
Mitt Romney (33%)

gkefalas
One thing I would suggest is to copy the link to the new browser window, so cnn cannot track where votes are coming fromThis forum, since it's on a PHP host, should add an auto referrer stripping script. There may even be a vBulletin plugin to do this automatically, I don't remember.

rockjoa
06-05-2007, 08:13 PM
1st one

9. Ron Paul 0% 0 votes

What I voted, didn't I? Sums up America in a nutshell.

n/m
It is updating slowly, putting paul in the lead! yeah

LibertyOrDie
06-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Voted but it is not including my vote in the total... weird

Me too, but the results showed that no one had voted for RP - were those the results of the CNN reps?

peruvianRP
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
ahhh

cujothekitten
It's updating and Ron is winning... except for the best one liner, which is accurate. Lightning was funny.

llamabread
I'm now getting 18 votes, with Ron Paul winning the five positive categories, and Guiliani in the negative, and Romney as best dressed.

Razmear
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Ahh, 4 checkmarks for Ron Paul now that match my answers, and yes i gave him snappiest dresser based on his blue tie.

eb

UtahApocalypse
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I have voted and also taken my screenshot :)

CurtisLow
06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Ron is on top of the poll!

my screen pic
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/5598/rpjune5rq2.jpg

enan
06-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I have to admit, Mitt Romney is extremely well-dressed.

cujothekitten
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I wish they wouldn't give Ron Paul all the winning slots... he didn't have the best one liner.

peruvianRP
06-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Sorry, I have to admit, Mitt Romney is extremely well-dressed.

yes as well as he flips flps

X_805
06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
I wish they wouldn't give Ron Paul all the winning slots... he didn't have the best one liner.

I don't know. I think he said something about not forcing the good of our country at gunpoint. That's why I voted Paul on that question. I actually thought Huckabee (I think) surprised me the most with his clear appeal to the "Christian Right".

peruvianRP
06-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know. I think he said something about not forcing the good of our country at gunpoint. That's why I voted Paul on that question. I actually thought Huckabee (I think) surprised me the most with his clear appeal to the "Christian Right".

yeah I liked that as well.

findmemonkey
06-05-2007, 08:34 PM
This is not beauty pagent who cares how they dress, no wonder our country is going down
We need to talk about ideas and beliefs, beacuse our beliefs produce actions

RPFever
06-05-2007, 08:35 PM
This is what I noted about CNN's poll in a different thread:

=============

Hi there:

Here are a list of items that I noticed that ranged from odd to pure media negligence in the CNN poll. Please add your comments - perhaps someone should send this list to CNN too. Besides, if I see this, then frankly, it is obvious:

1. "Who do you think is the best dresser?"
This is not relevant to a candidates character nor opinions and should not be part of this poll. Why would CNN ask this? Are you trying to trivialize the polls - make it seem more pop-culture than a real poll? Or, are you going to use this to determine who is a spammer and who is not? (i.e., if you vote all Ron Paul, and Ron Paul best dressed, then it is a spammer).

Grade: D (obvious CNN!)

2. "Political Comments?"
This is a like a polster asking over the telephone: "Who will you vote for president, by the way, our political analysts think that Candidate A, B and C are the best fit for America at this stage - so, who are you voting for again?"

Grade: F (media negligence in biasing polls)

3. "Only pick one"
Anyone else notice how one of the political commentators said "all of the above" for best dressed. Duh! Of course, they all look the same. CNN should give us the option to vote "all of the above", "abstain" and especially "none of the above"!

Grade: C (think before you write a poll)

4. "Results - only view the top one"
Although the option exists to see further results, upon entering ones results we only see the top result. This is unfair for candidates who came second, third etc. One extra click = considerably less attention.

Grade: C- (*sigh*)

5. "A checkmark if I voted for the Top Candidate!?!?"
You've got to be joking me!
The whole thing is being set up like "can you vote for the person you think everyone else is going to vote for?" Gawd!
Again, with our telephone poll comparison, this would be like:

Pollster: "Who will you vote for in the presidential election?"
Receiver: "Candidate A"
Pollster: "Correct! You voted the candidate that everyone else is voting too!"
Receiver: "Huh? Is this a real poll?"

Of course, one step above the "checkmark" would be having a small "X" if you got the top candidate wrong....

Pollster: "Who will you vote for in the presidential election?"
Receiver: "Candidate B"
Pollster: "Oh.... okay, we'll record that... Just to let you know, you aren't voting for the top candidate so far - The top Candidate is Candidate A... but anyway, on to the next question..."
Receiver: "WTF? I thought you said you guys were CNN, are you sure your not supporting Candidate A?"
Pollster: "Oh no... these polls are very scientific... uhh... thanks for answering all the questions... bye now *click*"

Grade: F (You do not grade, consciously or subconsciously someone's poll decision)

(Update: I must admit, this did bring a smile to my face when I voted for Ron Paul and I got a checkmark for doing so :D )

6. Candidate Pictures/Photos
Before you go look at the election poll again, think about who are the "mainstream" candidates and who are the non-mainstream ones... Now, go look at the pictures CNN chooses to use to represent these people. Anyone notice the inconsistency - some look more stressed / angry than others... some look happy and "presidential". It's like someone is subconsciously trying to influence what I think about a candidate by their picture. (UPDATE: I notice than Ron Paul looks better in the CNN Poll picture but he still looks condescending and bad in other pictures on the site)

Grade: C- (Hard to tell if this is intentional, but CNN should recognize that candidates reserve the same treatments all the way down to the quality and style of their photo - anything less starts to look like Soviet style propaganda)

I'm done for typing, anyone notice anything else?

========

AgentSmith
06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/06/05/who-won/

Who Won?

By my (fairly accurate) count:

None: 5
Duncan Hunter: 1
Giuliani: 2
Tancredo: 1
Romney: 1
Ron Paul: 104

SLAM DUNK!

amonasro
06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
what a dumb poll. drag and drop? are we in kindergarten or what? apparently they think we are :(