PDA

View Full Version : A National Day Out for Ron?

kylejack
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
How about co-ordinating one specific day where we get all the meetup groups out on the streets with signs? We might be able to get a big mainstream media story if we can all get out on the streets in our local neighborhoods on the same day. It will show the kind of power we have, and legitimize the campaign. For example, the overnight got us many articles all around the country.

NoxTwilight
10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I like it - its SOOO frustrating to only have 3 or 4 people show up at the meetings.

chiefsmurph
10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
This reminds me a lot of Paint the Town Ron, but I think it would actually be more successful.

yoshimaroka
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
It already happened and there will be another:
Ron Paul March Across America

kylejack
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
This reminds me a lot of Paint the Town Ron, but I think it would actually be more successful.

Paint the town Ron is absolutely a fine idea, but I think activists standing with signs is harder for people to dismiss...when you see a bunch of signs posted all over, its easy to imagine one person did them all around town. Also, moving people are more noticeable. I can't tell you how many signs I ignore on the way to work, but I think I'd notice just about any person standing on the side of the road.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 04:10 PM
This is an excellent idea! Much better than Paint The Town Ron. Not to diss that project, but we need to get off the internet and move beyond ninja signage. We need to show people we're REAL.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
So I'm assuming the best day for something like this would be a Saturday, right? Or a weekday so we can hit a ton of commuters? Thoughts, input?

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
So I'm assuming the best day for something like this would be a Saturday, right? Or a weekday so we can hit a ton of commuters? Thoughts, input?

Yes, we'll get the most participation on a Saturday.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 04:21 PM
I can host a page for this if someone wants to buy a domain. I can just do it by IP, but obviously a domain would be better. How far out should we shoot for? A month, or less? We need a title for it that will grab media attention.

thehittgirl
10-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll have to slap some meetup members around to do this.

yoshimaroka
10-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Look:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9940&highlight=ghemminger

RON PAUL Walk Across America
"NEXT EVENT OCT. 13 TH - DETAILS COMMING!!!

All-America Walk in Support of Ron Paul’s Freedom Message "

It's already being planned

DrNoZone
I can host a page for this if someone wants to buy a domain. I can just do it by IP, but obviously a domain would be better. How far out should we shoot for? A month, or less? We need a title for it that will grab media attention.

Awesome!

Go for www.dayoutforronpaul.com

I think a month out is a good idea. Maybe even a little more.

kylejack
Meetup groups....has anyone ever compiled a contact list for all the Meetup group heads?

yoshimaroka
10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
People:
LOOK
http://www.marchacrossamerica.blogspot.com/

GHemminger already set this up. Meetup groups are involved.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Look:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9940&highlight=ghemminger

RON PAUL Walk Across America
"NEXT EVENT OCT. 13 TH - DETAILS COMMING!!!

All-America Walk in Support of Ron Paul’s Freedom Message "

It's already being planned

Nice...sounds like a door-knocking campaign? Kind of vague? Still reading...

yoshimaroka
10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Nice...sounds like a door-knocking campaign? Kind of vague? Still reading...

It's exactly what you asked for
"How about co-ordinating one specific day where we get all the meetup groups out on the streets with signs? We might be able to get a big mainstream media story if we can all get out on the streets in our local neighborhoods on the same day. It will show the kind of power we have, and legitimize the campaign. For example, the overnight got us many articles all around the country."

Checkout some of the videos:
Phoenix:
http://lds4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/08/march-across-america-for-ron-paul.html

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAcbZAK9FrI

Columbus,OH:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GMyNHc2t80

Indy:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0a98g5oSs4

Rochester, NY:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybXpzgs4H8E

Salem, OR:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZu7Lu4-yvE

Hawaii:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxgZe5dryg

quickmike
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
How about co-ordinating one specific day where we get all the meetup groups out on the streets with signs? We might be able to get a big mainstream media story if we can all get out on the streets in our local neighborhoods on the same day. It will show the kind of power we have, and legitimize the campaign. For example, the overnight got us many articles all around the country.

How about this? Everyone stop being such pussies and start going door to door with slim jims in the neighborhood you live in and giving one out whenever you have the time, instead of waiting till your meetup groups get their s--t together.

Someone want to tell me how a sign that just says RON PAUL is going to educate some old lady driving past in her car without internet service?

Knock on a door, put out your hand and give them a slim jim.

Come on guys, WTF are you so afraid of?

My cousin randy in Tennessee said hes seen TONS of signs all over the place, but still has no idea who Ron Paul is or what he stands for, until I told him.

Signs dont do anything but get the name known, and thats not enough to be even CLOSE to getting someone to vote for him.

Remember.............. a whole lot of voters dont use the internet.

Quit waiting for some national ______ whatever day, and just get out there and do it........................... GO!!!!!

kylejack
10-02-2007, 04:46 PM
How about this? Everyone stop being such pussies and start going door to door with slim jims in the neighborhood you live in and giving one out whenever you have the time, instead of waiting till your meetup groups get their s--t together.
Take it easy, I'm already doing that about thrice a week.

quickmike
10-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Take it easy, I'm already doing that about thrice a week.

Not talking about you then Kyle........ good work. These people know who they are. They wait for some word from someone to give them the OK to do something, like its gotta be a official thing or something.

No time left to take it easy man. The election will be decided in 4 months, and im sure people wont be going out in the driving snow to go door to door then. Its gotta be now.

Im telling you guys, if we dont all do this, were screwed and he will lose for sure.

I guarantee it.

Back in 1980, my parents did this for Reagan and so did a whole bunch of people around the country.

I guess in todays world of microwave dinner and internet, we expect everything to be done just by clicking a button on a mouse. Nobodys really willing to do what it takes.

Why do you think Rons family did that Ron Paul family walk? Because they know thats what it takes to get the name out when you dont have the MSM promoting your guy.

Keep on dickin around guys and see what happens.