PDA

View Full Version : An idea to get the Drudge headline

Perry
10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
If you are to understand the Drudge report all you have to do is look at the bulletin boards across the web. Anytime a new hot news story is released everyone is in a huge dash to be the first one to post the story. Search yourself truthfully and i think many of you will agree with this. It's the same with any news website. Matt Drudges website is a little different. Instead of being journalists themselves Drudge posts the hot stories at a frantic pace from across the globe from all news sources.
Every once in awhile the Drudge report will break a story just as it did the monica lewinsky story. Now drudge doesn't get the chance to actually break a story often but believe me they are always on the lookout.
Now most of you that read my posts know that i'm somewhat conservative compared to most. That said I do believe there is a very good chance that we will double or nearly double our fund raising goal for the third quarter. I think we need to prepare Drudge for this headline so he has the opportunity to actually break the story. If Drudge gets a thousand messages stating that their is a high probability that the Paul campaign will announce double last quarters funds he might take heed and watch a little closer in the hopes of breaking the story. Matt Drudge lives to upset both democrats and republicans and there is no doubt this news would turn some heads. The only downside here is that if the numbers come up short he doesn't run the story and a bunch of Paul supporters are somewhat disappointed. Big fat hairy deal i think we have the resilience to survive such a blow. The risk to reward ratio here is over the top imo.

Opinions?

Grandson of Liberty
10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
My initial response is "bleh." I don't think it wise to create a huge buildup if the info is inaccurate. Plus, we don't want to start a trend of being disreputable when it comes to the info we give people.

Perry
10-02-2007, 04:20 PM
My initial response is "bleh." I don't think it wise to create a huge buildup if the info is inaccurate. Plus, we don't want to start a trend of being disreputable when it comes to the info we give people.

How is it disreputable? We aren't stating a fact we are notifying Drudge that such an event is highly possible.

Larofeticus
10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
This isn't your nor is it our job; it's the job of the national staff.

No doubt they have a plan, and almost certainly a good one.

Our meddling, such as this suggestion, could very well muck up such a plan.

Grandson of Liberty
10-02-2007, 04:25 PM
You are right. . .sorry I skimmed it too fast and jumped to a conclusion. My bad. My initial thought was that you were asking us to tell Druge we WOULD surpass double digits. Again, sorry.