PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Writer. Awesome Site.

NoHero
11-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Just found this website about an hour ago and have been reading it since. A man by the name of Sam Smith writes most of this site, and it looks like he may be one of us. From what I've read so far he's a long-time journalist, and the site has been up for years based on all the material.

Basically, the guy can write, and he's got various topics, but I've strictly been reading the "pocket paradigms" section since I've been here, and it's been commenting on everything from baseball to obama to the sixties to everything.

"The Fifties" section on Pocket Paradigms:

They called my generation the "silent" one, the one America skipped in moving from George Bush to Bill Clinton. Maybe some of us were quiet because we were trying to figure out how to avoid becoming the man in the gray flannel suit or part of the lonely crowd. The struggle, we thought, was about individuality and no one spoke of movements. Our cultural heroes didn't organize anything. They hit the road. Our goal wasn't to overthrow the establishment, someone would say a decade later, but to make it irrelevant. Or, like Miles Davis in concert, play with your back to it. In the 1960s, when we were in our 30s, we were told that we already were too old to be trusted. It wasn't really true; in many ways the 60s was just the mass movement of something that had started in the 50s with our coffee houses, music and conscious political apathy.

I've much more reading to do now, to figure the place out, but I'd urge you all to check it out if you're anything like me... The site is obviously of an older style but I haven't seen as good of writing on a site ever. And it's kept up-to-date with news on the index, apparently. Here's the link:

http://prorev.com/

and the long section I'm still reading is here:

http://prorev.com/pocket.htm

Oh, and Sam Smith appears to be editor.

NoHero
11-11-2009, 10:07 PM
http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

^^ section on Bill Clinton... looks like this site's been around since he was in the white house

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2 I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

ARKANSAS SUDDEN DEATH SYNDROME

- Number of persons in the Clinton machine orbit who are alleged to have committed suicide: 9
- Number known to have been murdered: 12
- Number who died in plane crashes: 6
- Number who died in single car automobile accidents: 3
- Number of one-person sking fatalities: 1
- Number of key witnesses who have died of heart attacks while in federal custody under questionable circumstances: 1
- Number of unexplained deaths: 4
- Number of northern Mafia killings during peak years of 1968-78: 30
- Number of Dixie Mafia killings during same period: 156

FRIENDS OF BILL

- Number of times John Huang took the 5th Amendment in answer to questions during a Judicial Watch deposition: 1,000
- Visits made to the White House by investigation subjects Johnny Chung, James Riady, John Huang, and Charlie Trie. 160
- Number of campaign contributors who got overnights at the White House in the two years before the 1996 election: 577
- Number of members of Thomas Boggs's law firm who have held top positions in the Clinton administration. 18
- Number of times John Huang was briefed by CIA: 37
- Number of calls Huang made from Commerce Department to Lippo banks: 261
- Number of intelligence reports Huang read while at Commerce Department: 500

UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENA

- FBI files misappropriated by the White House: c. 900
- Estimated number of witnesses quoted in FBI files misappropriated by the White House: 18,000
- Number of witnesses who developed medical problems at critical points in Clinton scandals investigation (Tucker, Hale, both McDougals, Lindsey): 5
- Problem areas listed in a memo by Clinton's own lawyer in preparation for the president's defense: 40
- Number of witnesses and critics of Clinton subjected to IRS audit: 45
- Number of names placed in a White House secret database without the knowledge of those named: c. 200,000
- Number of women involved with Clinton who claim to have been physically threatened (Sally Perdue, Gennifer Flowers, Kathleen Willey, Linda Tripp, Elizabeth Ward Gracen, Juantia Broaddrick): 6
- Number of men involved in the Clinton scandals who have been beaten up or claimed to have been intimidated: 10

Andrew-Austin
11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
You know what would make an awesome video?

A youtube of Bill Clinton saying all those " I don't knows".

ScoutsHonor
11-11-2009, 10:11 PM
[/URL][url]http://prorev.com/legacy.htm (http://prorev.com/legacy.htm)

^^ section on Bill Clinton... looks like this site's been around since he was in the white house

Bookmarked!
It looks terrific-

NoHero
11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
You know what would make an awesome video?

A youtube of Bill Clinton saying all those " I don't knows".

Yeah, it would! Someone should do that!

NoHero
11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
bump for this pic:

http://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/rs-500-us-oil-production1.jpg

And FYI, this is a progressive/libertarian site a la ralph nader, still spot on most news.