PDA

View Full Version : Topless open carry protest in NH

Endgame
11-11-2009, 08:07 PM
YouTube - NH: Open carry topless protest (guns, breasts, Keene) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISHXdGKKDZw)

SelfTaught
11-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I hope some better women show up. The girl in the video looks like she got itty bitties. "Are those two mosquito bites?"

Reason
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
oh please

this does not help our image to the mainstream

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
This an outrage. We can't help people become free by just letting them do what they want. And, like, breasts? Think of the children!

Flash
11-11-2009, 08:26 PM
oh please

this does not help our image to the mainstream

Yes, I've said this before concerning Free State antics (ie not showing ID after getting pulled over for running a red light).

Matt Collins
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
This is oooooooold.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-11-2009, 08:35 PM
You guys don't understand. The point of Free State/Free Keene civ-dis is to jam up the system. If this kind of stuff goes on en masse, it will become such an annoyance that it will become de-facto legal. They're making a very effective point about the use of violence as a tool for social control.

Case in point: Freetown Christiania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania)

and there's also Exarcheia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exarcheia) in Greece, where cops are essentially forbidden due to the strong anarchist presence

Fuck the mainstream. You'll never get anywhere trying to gain the favor of morons.

Endgame
11-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Yes, I've said this before concerning Free State antics (ie not showing ID after getting pulled over for running a red light).

As much as certain radical elements sometimes annoy the shit out of me, we need them to keep pushing the envelope for the rest of us. I feel like I should be in NH right now. Its like the summer of love or something.

CCTelander
11-11-2009, 10:25 PM
You guys don't understand. The point of Free State/Free Keene civ-dis is to jam up the system. If this kind of stuff goes on en masse, it will become such an annoyance that it will become de-facto legal. They're making a very effective point about the use of violence as a tool for social control.

Case in point: Freetown Christiania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania)

and there's also Exarcheia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exarcheia) in Greece, where cops are essentially forbidden due to the strong anarchist presence

Fuck the mainstream. You'll never get anywhere trying to gain the favor of morons.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Every single advance ever achieved toward liberty has been achieved by the radicals, rabble-rousers, and troublemakers. Every. Single. One.

Those constantly worrying about what the majority, or the "mainstream" think have never been responsible for any significant advance. IMO they never will be.

The young lady in the video is worth at least 100 of the hand wringers any day.

I agree. Fuck the mainstream.

NoHero
11-11-2009, 10:31 PM

Thirded. More local, anti-government enclaves are needed in this country.

Mandrik
11-11-2009, 10:35 PM
This is old, but just an FYI--they dropped the charges. These "indecency" laws rarely hold up in courts, so they'd rather drop the charges so the law can't be ruled unconstitutional. What a great system we have!

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-11-2009, 10:44 PM
This is old, but just an FYI--they dropped the charges. These "indecency" laws rarely hold up in courts, so they'd rather drop the charges so the law can't be ruled unconstitutional. What a great system we have!That they can be sufficiently pressured to drop the charges is far more significant than the arbitrary constitutional/unconstitutional dichotomy

FSP-Rebel
11-11-2009, 11:18 PM
The Free Staters have supported Cass in her endeavor. I used to be her roommate when I moved here and she is known for her certain kind of activism. I'm involved in the NH political game though i doubt she is.

Endgame
11-12-2009, 01:27 AM
The Free Staters have supported Cass in her endeavor. I used to be her roommate when I moved here and she is known for her certain kind of activism. I'm involved in the NH political game though i doubt she is.

Would you say the FSP movement is still growing? I've been aware of it from the beginning (and may be able to join you in three years when I'm done with grad school). I've noticed a huge proliferation of videos on YouTube recently concerning open carry and the FSP. It seems like you guys are making it become accepted in NH, and have organized groups ready to show up with cameras whenever the police harass someone.

My impression of my generation growing up and in college was that they're the most docile, obedient and weak bunch of sheep that's ever been bred in this country. Seeing that there is actually an organized group of young people engaging in hardcore activism, but for something other than a leftist, academic establishment-sanctioned cause has really inspired me. I wish there were a YAL chapter at my college, but aside from some Alex Jones grafitti in the parking garage I haven't seen any indication that anyone here is of a remotely similar mindset.

I think we're really seeing a renaissance for the whole libertarian movement since the RP campaign kicked off, and I'm glad we're moving past the LP and bickering with one another on the internet. There should be a group like Free Keene in every college town. The groups that have been popping up lately are, to paraphrase the MIAC report, too many to name. I feel like a fire has been lit and maybe enough people to make some kind of difference are waking up.

Imperial
11-12-2009, 01:28 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Every single advance ever achieved toward liberty has been achieved by the radicals, rabble-rousers, and troublemakers. Every. Single. One.

Those constantly worrying about what the majority, or the "mainstream" think have never been responsible for any significant advance. IMO they never will be.

The young lady in the video is worth at least 100 of the hand wringers any day.

A more nuanced answer is probably that is is a combination. You need radicals to force it and moderates to accept it.

Endgame
11-12-2009, 01:38 AM
A more nuanced answer is probably that is is a combination. You need radicals to force it and moderates to accept it.

Exactly. Extremists (which is a completely relative bullshit term) within our movement make the rest of us look more reasonable and moderate. It frames the debate in our favor.

Matt Collins
11-12-2009, 02:39 AM
I hope some better women show up. The girl in the video looks like she got itty bitties. "Are those two mosquito bites?"
How can you tell?!?! :confused::rolleyes: