PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul dominating poll on Dem powerhouse PPP

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
CRUSH this poll folks!

I will break the link, because, well, if you don't know the history of PPP don't worry about it, just suffice it to say the link really REALLY needs to be broken:

ht tp://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/10/republican-lean-in-nc.html

2nd poll down, story is about Republicans dominating State races in polling right now.

PPP is a 100% for Dem by Dem group.

CRUSH THIS POLL!

Bruno
11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for sharing, Gunny.

voted :)

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
What is up with this Thune character being everywhere? On this poll, on Fox today, getting coverage? What's the MSM up with this guy?

Ron Paul 2012 or bust!!!!

JK/SEA
11-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Ron Paul ftw.

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2009, 07:18 PM
:D There is a pretty lurid history with PPP here in NC. I happen to know the guy who owns it, personally. While the relationship is cordial, there are...intense...philosophical differences. I have been told that in 2010 they will avoid working in dist 49 altogether on account of a perceived conflict of interest...they are uber Dem. I mean uber uber uber Dem.

I am interested to see how they stack RP against Dems, but I do not know they they will be polling in one state only, for instance, Missouri, or if they will be casting the net nationwide. Of course, casting the net nationwide will be a lot more telling, and for better or worse PPP tends to be extraordinarily accurate.

If the 2012 Presidential poll is only In Missouri, well, I have no idea how well RP does in Missouri.

But in any case, PPP is one of the more accurate forecasters even if they are uber Dem, so a poll including Ron Paul should give us a pretty good snapshot of how he stacks against Obama whether they poll just in Missouri and we get the picture for that state, or nationwide, and we get to see how RP has climbed in 1 year.

I do notice though that this RP poll was a real softball. Whoever put the question together must have expected/wanted RP to get it. They put RP up against a bunch of nobodies, Guiliani (universally hated) and Thune (pretty well unknown nationwide).

Usually when they ask about who to poll against the race is a lot closer. If I didn't know any better I'd suspect the thing was tilted for my benefit. And, I actually mean/believe that. After all, I do actually know the guy.

I went to the 2007 Christmas Party at his house, and I was all over my iPhone keeping up with the RonPaulForums. His wife, who had never really shared a single word with me in my life (and who ran for Mayor of Raleigh in 2006) was instantly at my elbow (I guess she can just 'smell' politics from a mile away) and asked me what I was doing. "Checking Ron Paul Forums" and she scoffed and disappeared. LOL

now, 2 years later, RP is a real contender, and our movement has grown legs and voice. and overtly ignored in 2007/2008, today, PPP is going after Ron Paul to see how he would stack against Obama in 2012...and what's more they softballed him seemingly to ensure he would win the preference poll.

So yeah, I am dreadfully curious now...

bucfish
11-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks Gunny

JK/SEA
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Its like a chess game, only we aren't playing any games. At least not in the sheeple sense.

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Found the story... Looks like a nationwide poll...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Vote!

Voting is now open for who we should include with Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, and Mitt Romney on our next 2012 poll.

The choices are Rudy Giuliani, Rush Limbaugh, George Pataki, Ron Paul, and John Thune.

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I didn't put Jeb Bush, Newt Gingrich, or Tim Pawlenty on there simply because they'd been included in recent polls and we're trying to test a wider variety of candidates. You can vote until Friday morning at 10 AM and the poll will be out toward the end of next week.

Posted by Tom Jensen at 2:15 PM
4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rather curious as to who will win the poll if both the Ron Paul supporters and the Limbaughlites find it. I'm guessing for Paul by a decent margin - Limbaugh doesn't have quite as large of a presence online.
November 11, 2009 2:33 PM

Buck6627 said...

Don't understand how a very viable candidate like Pawlenty is not a mainstay in any poll of GOP primary. Rudy, Pataki & Limbaugh are non-starters. Why not include Glenn Beck and Olympia Snowe?Pawlenty (and even Jindal) make loads more sense than any of those three. Frankly, I'd not be surprised to see Pawlenty as the nominee in '12. He needs to be included in every poll.
November 11, 2009 3:45 PM

Anonymous said...

You have shown what a bunch of clueless Democrats PPP is by your selection of names here. Any Republican can tell you Giuliani, Pataki or any other candidate from New York has no chance in a Republican primary - nor does the isloationist Ron Paul. Why waste your time polling them. As for Limbaugh are you just after a cheap laugh?

If your serious about identifying a second tier of candidates who might have a chance of moving into the top tier, go to Intrade's list of Republican candidates:

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/contractSearch/index.jsp?clsID=19&grpID=8628

People trading on this exchange generally are Republican who have a pretty good knowledge of Republican politics. The current ranking is:

Romney 33.0
Palin 25.8
Pawlenty 22.5
Huckabee 17.0
Thune 15.0
Gingrich 10.0
Barbour 10.0
Petraeus 8.0
Jindal 7.6

All the other candidates are at 5.0 or less.

So other than the top 3 (Romney, Palin & Huckabee) the second tier consists of: Pawlenty, Thune, Gingrich, Barbour, Petraeus and Jindal.

Gingrich has probably irreparably damaged himself with the base after NY - 23, so you can forget him. We don't even know if Petraeus is a Republican, so we can eliminate him for now. Jindal is unlikely to run in the 2012 primaries if he choses to run for reelection in La, in 2011.

That leaves Pawlenty, Thune and Barbour. Since you have already polled Pawlenty, you should concentrate on Barbour and Thune. Since Thune has little name recognition, Barbour is the most likely candidate who can break into the top tier of candidates. As former RNC Chair he also will have a lot of establishment support if he can gain some traction.
November 11, 2009 4:26 PM

Brandon K said...

Looks like the Pauliacs have gotten a hold of your poll. Very disappointing.
November 11, 2009 5:02 PM

ETA:

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/11/vote.html

rprprs
11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
voted, but I won't say for whom. :D

KCIndy
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the link!

It's quick and easy, folks. Ron Paul is leading but more votes are needed! :)

Also, there's only 300+ votes so far, so it'll only take a few more people to help make a difference.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-11-2009, 07:55 PM
voted

ghengis86
11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
voted!

All your base are belong to us!

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2009, 08:11 PM
:D PPP is a real trendsetter, and by adding RP early, it will make his addition on other major 2012 polls that much easier. I eagerly await the results of the actual poll late next week.

BuddyRey
11-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Who the heck is John Thune, and why are so many people voting for him?

Jdreiner
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Ew, Bob Etheridge running for senate? Ugh...

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Ew, Bob Etheridge running for senate? Ugh...

Yeah, that was the story. This is my congress critter :puke: Now that he's voted for PelosiCare though, an Etheridge victory in the Dem primary might well dilute the challenge to Burr in the general. Not that Burr is all that great. My VisibleVote tracker only has me at 53% with Burr. Mind you, I'm only at 2% with Bobby. (he hates being called "Bobby" by the way...")

Jdreiner
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that; he'd make it an easy victory for Burr (although I wish someone else would replace him too D= ) he's not a very charismatic/compelling/principled fella, just a party stooge. No wonder the powers that be want him to run!

Imperial
11-11-2009, 10:04 PM
CRUSH this poll folks!

I will break the link, because, well, if you don't know the history of PPP don't worry about it, just suffice it to say the link really REALLY needs to be broken:

ht tp://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/10/republican-lean-in-nc.html

2nd poll down, story is about Republicans dominating State races in polling right now.

PPP is a 100% for Dem by Dem group.

CRUSH THIS POLL!

PPP is very good when they do scientific polling. They were accurate for the 2008 prez election and the 09 races if i remember right.