PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs to quit CNN?

Matt Collins
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/lou-dobbs-to-depart-cnn/

Anyone think he'll be moving to FBN instead?

Flash
11-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Geraldo said he was happy to hear his boss inform him that Lou Dobbs (http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/10/25/geraldo-to-lou-dobbs-no-more-lies-slander-stereotyping/) will not be moving to Fox News. If I were an executive at Fox I would ask for Geraldo to leave the network due to his childish antics and scaring off potential talent.
But yeah it looks like he isn't going to move to FBN, unfortunately.

May be hes going to start focusing on a potential 2012 run (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Lou+DObbs+2012&btnG=Google+Search).

WClint
11-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe Lou is going to run for President.
YouTube - Lou Dobbs talks about a possible run for President (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlNAyDsFlaA&feature=related)

tangent4ronpaul
11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Did Robin Williams know something? re: "Man of the Year"...

-t

Flash
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
If he is going to run as an independent (and he will) he'll split the Conservative vote.

angelatc
11-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Geraldo said he was happy to hear his boss inform him that Lou Dobbs (http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/10/25/geraldo-to-lou-dobbs-no-more-lies-slander-stereotyping/) will not be moving to Fox News. If I were an executive at Fox I would ask for Geraldo to leave the network due to his childish antics and scaring off potential talent.
But yeah it looks like he isn't going to move to FBN, unfortunately.

May be hes going to start focusing on a potential 2012 run (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Lou+DObbs+2012&btnG=Google+Search).

They might be lying to Geraldo.

I think Dobbs is a better fit at FBN than Geraldo is. I'm not a fan of either guy. I like Lou on illegal immigration, but he's all for a big federal government solution to everything.

WClint
11-11-2009, 06:24 PM
They might be lying to Geraldo.

I think Dobbs is a better fit at FBN than Geraldo is. I'm not a fan of either guy. I like Lou on illegal immigration, but he's all for a big federal government solution to everything.

Geraldo is a piece of pond scum

emazur
11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
That sucks. Dobbs is no libertarian but I like him well enough

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-11-2009, 06:30 PM
If Fox wants any libertarian credibility they would let the Judge have a show and not hire a doofus like Lou Dobbs. Or they would hire someone like Thomas Woods or Walter Block.

I'm tired of pundits who are morons. Until we get people with substance, knowledge, and intellect on prime time shows America will continue its descent into tyranny, third-world power, and ineptitude. Come on Fox! Put the Judge, Woods, and Block all on primetime!!!!

The libertarian market is HUGE and is RIPE. 25% of America are libertarians and we have no-one on TV to promote our views. Why do you think Beck has such huge ratings for such a bad timeslot? He's this half-libertarian half-traditional conservative. As bad as it is to say, most of the people in the US are uneducated, and the TV is the best way to mass inform the population. Thanks a lot Government schooling, err indoctrination!

angelatc
11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Geraldo is a piece of pond scum

I don't even understand why he is on there. He's a joke as a journalist, the neocons hate him because of the map incident, and the conservatives hate him because he's an open borders guy. I don't pay much attention, but I'm not under the impression that the libertarians love him either...

Flash
11-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Dobbs is leaving CNN

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ggB55AqaiedfjGrr85-RABEvnGeAD9BTLF4O0

devil21
11-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't even understand why he is on there. He's a joke as a journalist, the neocons hate him because of the map incident, and the conservatives hate him because he's an open borders guy. I don't pay much attention, but I'm not under the impression that the libertarians love him either...

He's like Colmes on Hannity. Or Joe Scarborough on MSNBC. IOW, the sole "example" of the "other side" so the network doesn't look completely one-sided.

Flash
11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
"Some leaders in the media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and engage in constructive problem-solving," Dobbs said. "I'm considering a number of options and directions."

Wonder what that means.

fiddler1
11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
I emailed CNN to inform them that I will no longer be watching their network. I would suggest others do the same. You know this is because of the illegal immigrant campaign to have him censored. I am disgusted..

zach
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
why would we want to have a paid tv personality to run for president?

aren't they paid to say things?

lester1/2jr
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I've never watched his show. He always struck me as very boring

honestly I mainly watch cnbc and this new show called the nightly news! half hour they wrap all the stuff the pundits talk about up if you can imagine that

the pundit bubble will be the next one to burst.

Matt Collins
11-11-2009, 07:22 PM
That sucks. Dobbs is no libertarian but I like him well enoughI think he's boring and bland. But then again I haven't watched TV in almost 2 years.

erowe1
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM

emazur
11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I think he's boring and bland. But then again I haven't watched TV in almost 2 years.

In the last 6 weeks or so he's been calling for a worldwide troop withdrawal - you don't get to hear that from the other pundits. He often has guests on debating marijuana legalization (though I'd guess he personally opposes it), he encourages people to vote for independents, opposes Obama care, and he's on the right side of issues such as guns. Hardly ideal, but a voice worth having on television when compared to his competition.

LibertyEagle
11-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, I'm kind of sad he's leaving, even though I haven't watched him much since the last presidential campaign. He is the only one that I am aware of, who talked much about the NAU, the SPP and the NAFTA superhighway. I hope he pops up somewhere else.

It looks like La Raza got their way and it pisses me off.

KCIndy
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
honestly I mainly watch cnbc and this new show called the nightly news! half hour they wrap all the stuff the pundits talk about up if you can imagine that

The NBC/CBS/ABC nightly news? And how many details will they leave out during their half hour broadcast?

Slutter McGee
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Dobbs is like Kucinich...no, not in their political views, but in the fact that they have both earned my respect. Respect, however, doesn't necessitate my agreement or my vote.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

catdd
11-11-2009, 07:53 PM
"It looks like La Raza got their way and it pisses me off."

Bet that's what it was.

Flash
11-11-2009, 08:00 PM
The sudden resignation of Lou Dobbs from CNN might have surprised a lot of his supporters, but it was less of a shock to some of his closest business associates. Dobbs, multiple sources have told AllYourTV.com, has been quietly testing the waters for a presidential run in 2012.

According to these sources, Dobbs has increasingly been feeling the pressure from CNN head Jonathan Klein. The longtime CNN anchor has increasingly become a controversial flashpoint for the network, as he argues against illegal immigration and for the idea that Barack Obama might not be a legitimate citizen of the United States. His increasingly angry conservative/independent leanings stand out in stark contrast to the cable news network's more centrist approach.

As tension between Dobbs and Klein has increased over the past few months, Dobbs reportedly began seriously considering a run for political office in either 2010 or 2012. He had been rumored last year to have been considering a run for governor of New Jersey (where he is a resident). But according to sources, that was never a serious consideration.

But Dobbs apparently now feels that a run for president -- perhaps as an independent -- is a real possibility. And associates expect that in the upcoming weeks Dobbs will making a number of speeches in front of friendly crowds, in an effort to judge the public's reaction to his political ambitions. "It's not that he sees himself as a politician," says one associate. "But he honestly believes that this is his time, that he has something constructive to contribute to the political discourse."

When Dobbs annouced his departure on Wednesday's show, he told viewers that "Some leaders in the media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and engage in constructive problem-solving."

One source I spoke with moments ago noted that while Dobbs might not be publicly committing himself to a political career, he is certainly giving it strong consideration. "He sees himself as having the same effect as a Pat Buchanan or a Ross Perot," said the source. "He sees himself as a populist and this is the time when America needs a rabble rouser from outside the normal political circles."

http://www.allyourtv.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=590:sources-lou-dobbs-prepping-presidential-run&catid=1:latest-news

vegaspilot03
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
he's gonna lose if ron paul runs.

catdd
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm sure RP will put him to work somewhere in his cabinet.

SelfTaught
11-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't think Dobbs will be on FBN. He called John Stossel a "silly little trick". In other words, he called Stossel a hoe.

Flash
11-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't think Dobbs will be on FBN. He called John Stossel a "silly little trick". In other words, he called Stossel a hoe.

He also called him a self-important a**.

devil21
11-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Is Lou Dobbs going to be 2012's Tom Tancredo? All illegals, all the time?

Flash
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Is Lou Dobbs going to be 2012's Tom Tancredo? All illegals, all the time?

He would actually be more like Buchanan or Ross Perot, since he'll be viewed as a spoiler.

GunnyFreedom
11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
YouTube - Lou Dobbs Announces His Resignation from CNN! - 11/11/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COTHfsHof04)

dgr
11-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Since Dobbs is the only show I watch on CNN I hope he turns up somewhere else. He is the only voice against amnesty and illegal aliens on TV, and we would have known nothing about the NAV without his coverage.
I'll trade Geraldo for him any time, Geraldo needs to be on MSNBC anyway.

I personally wouldnot mind seeing Lou in charge of INS and The Judge as head of the Justice Department.

Brian4Liberty
11-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Anyone who listened to Dobbs radio show during the 08 primaries knows that he despises Obama. No doubt he couldn't take CNNs partison support of Obama anymore.

lester1/2jr
11-12-2009, 09:24 AM
kcindy- you'd be surprised how little pertinent information there is in the end on the pundit shows.

you learn just as much in a half hour of charles gibson as you do in 4 hours of msnbc or fox punditry

Dianne
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Dobbs much better fit than Rivera.... who the hell watches Heraldo? Dobbs has a huge audience and perfect for FOX. This is what happens when you mention the "birth certificate"... hussssssssssssssh.... don't mention it.

Carole
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Stossel does not have much to offer other than his libertarian point of view.

So far he has been on several guest spots on Fox and I was unimpressed other than I agree with the libertarian angle most of the time.

Dobbs holds my attention a great deal more by the stands that he takes. He is the only person I watched on CNN.

Geraldo is a clown and turns me completely off. I refuse to watch him. :)

Carole
11-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Rich Sanchez is such a tool. Cannot stand to watch him. He is snide and there to promote illegals.

Carole
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM
:)
So true.

libertygrl
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I think he's boring and bland. But then again I haven't watched TV in almost 2 years.

I think that's because nowadays we don't KNOW what a professional news anchor is supposed to behave like! The majority on cable news today are all a bunch of high priced entertainment goons! They're not serious news anchors. They want us all to believe they are because they get the viewers all riled up. They're abrasive, rude, condescending. They never allow their guests to speak their minds - shouting and interrupting them if the disagree with what they have to say. It's a freakin' joke .

I don't want to be entertained I just want to be informed. If that's being a bore then I'll take that any day. But I never found that to be the case with Lou. I found him to be a very intelligent, thoughtful newsman.

I'd say he's probably a throwback to the way an anchor is supposed to behave. He's always acted like a gentleman and a true professional. He'll be back in some capacity I'm sure.

emazur
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
kcindy- you'd be surprised how little pertinent information there is in the end on the pundit shows.

you learn just as much in a half hour of charles gibson as you do in 4 hours of msnbc or fox punditry

That's often true - for instance, the first 20 mins or so yesterday of both O'Reilly and Beck was of them rambling on about Ft. Hood instead of reporting any real news. The benefit of the pundit shows is that they often have many more guests than the network news shows. I used to enjoy watching Beck (on Fox) because he had many libertarian-friendly guests on like Tom Woods, Gerald Celente, Schiff, Penn Gillette, etc, but then he got all wrapped up in himself with the ACORN stuff, now he rambles on for half the show with very few guests, and I don't find myself getting much useful info out of his show so I don't watch much anymore (Judge Nap showed us how its supposed to be done when he recently filled in). Now I mostly watch CBS Evening news and the local news, check for mp3s or youtubes of interesting guests from radio shows, and of course Freedom Watch. And whatever interesting things RPF unearths. Concerning which network news show to watch, you might want to take this report into consideration, which looked at how the big 3 reported on the stimulus:
http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2009/Spending/spending-fullreport.asp

Certainly most ABC talked with. That’s because ABC relied on a host of liberal economists to promote the stimulus plan. The network turned to pro-stimulus economists by a factor of 9-to-1 over economists who questioned the package.
Personally, I'll take Katie Couric and CBS's also flawed 2-to-1 ratio over that.

Flash
11-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Fox doesn’t need another righty pundit: Everyone’s talking about Fox News, says Dolores Bernal in News Junkie Post, but I’m skeptical. “There are already too many other crazies at Fox News who have all the racist, extremist, and lunatic angles covered.” But Dobbs reportedly made $10 million a year at CNN -- if he’s been a “good saver,” he can do whatever he wants.
“What’s next for Lou Dobbs?”

I'm convinced liberals are mentally challenged.

RM918
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
The libertarian market is HUGE and is RIPE. 25% of America are libertarians....

Fact or wishful thinking?

Ian A.
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Most people are libertarians. They don't always know it.

devil21
11-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Most people are libertarians. They don't always know it.

Eh I think it's kinda the other way around. Most think they are when they start the chest thumping and "Land of the free! Yeah! Freedom!" spiel. Then turn around and support banning something for someone else just because they don't like it. United States of Hypocrisy should be the name these days.

emazur
11-12-2009, 08:38 PM
YouTube - Kucinich congratulates Dobbs on a good run at CNN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoSa8gCRc2I)

revolutionisnow
11-12-2009, 08:54 PM
YouTube - Immigration Gumballs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ&)