PDA

View Full Version : check out the cdc signs that just got plastered all over my school...

Civilradiant_palm_pre
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Civilradiant/CIMG0008.jpg

j6p
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Ugh i see nothing wrong with sneezing on your arm.

Dieseler
11-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I prefer that to sneezing in my face.
They can keep the VAX though. In fact they can send my share to Goldman as well.

MelissaWV
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
It's a nice touch that they made the tips on how to prevent the spread smaller than "GET THE VACCINE!!!" :rolleyes:

Oh and sneezing into a tissue is preferable to sneezing on your arm or sleeve (since tissues are disposable and now come in anti-viral and anti-bacterial). That tip didn't make it onto the poster. Neither did getting more Vitamin C and D, or getting sufficient rest, or eating a balanced diet...

Matt Collins
11-11-2009, 04:54 PM
I've got the flu now and can barely move. Intelligent conversations or doing anything is way out of the question. I'm just one step away from bedridden. It's brutal.

Bruno
11-11-2009, 04:54 PM
It's a nice touch that they made the tips on how to prevent the spread smaller than "GET THE VACCINE!!!" :rolleyes:

Oh and sneezing into a tissue is preferable to sneezing on your arm or sleeve (since tissues are disposable and now come in anti-viral and anti-bacterial). That tip didn't make it onto the poster. Neither did getting more Vitamin C and D, or getting sufficient rest, or eating a balanced diet...

that dude's nose in the pictures is clearly above his arm - it would spray all over.

and what's with the 1950's-style drawing?

Bruno
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I've got the flu now and can barely move. Intelligent conversations or doing anything is way out of the question. I'm just one step away from bedridden. It's brutal.

Sorry to hear that, Matt. Get well soon.

confirmed flu through testing? H1N1 test completed, or suspected regular flu?

Liberty Rebellion
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Reminds me of the signs in Left 4 Dead and Prototype

MelissaWV
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
that dude's nose in the pictures is clearly above his arm - it would spray all over.

and what's with the 1950's-style drawing?

Someday, when I'm ready to leave that job, I am going to take one of the "umbrella station" signs from work and scan it. Seriously, it's stick figures. However, it has a part number and revision number, which means someone was paid for those slickly rendered stick figures. It's amazing.

zach
11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Dude, I'm not getting vaxxed.

Matt Collins
11-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear that, Matt. Get well soon.

confirmed flu through testing? H1N1 test completed, or suspected regular flu?The test was negative, but I've got all the symptoms. Doc said that the tests are not always accurate.

Oyate
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I see this as upholding the long American tradition of using your sleeve instead of a napkin or a hanky. We're not snobbish Britts or epicurian Euros, we're rough and tough frontiersmen. Why, I'd sneeze on YOUR sleeve if I took a notion to. I also think young people should be encouraged to hawk on the floor and chew tobacco. It's just part of being a responsible American adult to pass this on.

dannno
11-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Why, I'd sneeze on YOUR sleeve if I took a notion to.

:D

Dude.. you don't understand..... I used to have a friend who'd go around and grab people's sleeve.. then he'd tighten his lips and blow through them to make it sound like he was blowing his nose and put his face up to their sleeve so it looked like he was blowing his nose in their sleeve.. It was soooo funny, people would just totally freak out :D

Dianne
11-12-2009, 08:41 AM
That looks like a nice background to slap up an Obama "Joker" poster.

angelatc
11-12-2009, 11:19 AM

I saw a doctor talk about that. She said that the best thing is to sneeze in your hand or a tissue, then wash or desanitize. According to her, sneezing into your arm means you're walking around in germ laden a shirt you're not going to wash until you get home.

Nice tape - can they make it any uglier?

Bruno
11-12-2009, 11:25 AM
The test was negative, but I've got all the symptoms. Doc said that the tests are not always accurate.

that has to be comforting. :rolleyes:

constituent
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
The test was negative, but I've got all the symptoms. Doc said that the tests are not always accurate.

Should have just administered the p.t. I'm sure it would have come back positive. ;) :) :D