PDA

View Full Version : Hannity-style repubs are insane

Matthew Zak
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
They're still talking about "fighting them over there" so we don't have to "fight them here" and "if we don't confront these murderers" we'll "never understand them" and we'll "never defeat them" because they'll "keep coming back forever."

The truth is so much simpler. We need to send a message to every pundit, congress critter, and personality with any public affiliations and let them know that THE PEOPLE DON'T SUPPORT THIS WAR, and ONLY THE ANTIWAR CROWD WILL WIN IN 2012.

We can grab a good slice of each party by using this war as leverage. Worst case scenario, one of these parties wakes up and remembers how anti war this country was a year ago.

90,000 troops. Are you kidding me?

dannno
11-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Ya, Ron Paul said that in the debates.. whoever the anti-war candidate is will win..

catdd
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I was talking to one the other day. He seemed like an intelligent guy until I mentioned Ron Paul - then he was like... "He's kinda liberal ain't he?"

He's more damn Republican than the so-called Republicans!

But, if you oppose the wars, for whatever reasons, you will be labeled a "liberal" by them.

Matt Collins
11-11-2009, 05:28 PM
You should see this...

YouTube - 9/28/09 Judge Napolitano on Iran War Rhetoric (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or0UDnpL7cE)

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I was talking to one the other day. He seemed like an intelligent guy until I mentioned Ron Paul - then he was like... "He's kinda liberal ain't he?"

He's more damn Republican than the so-called Republicans!

But, if you oppose the wars, for whatever reasons, you will be labeled a "liberal" by them.

Ask him if he knew the GOP position on foreign policy from 1900-1950.

WClint
11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
They're still talking about "fighting them over there" so we don't have to "fight them here" and "if we don't confront these murderers" we'll "never understand them" and we'll "never defeat them" because they'll "keep coming back forever."

The truth is so much simpler. We need to send a message to every pundit, congress critter, and personality with any public affiliations and let them know that THE PEOPLE DON'T SUPPORT THIS WAR, and ONLY THE ANTIWAR CROWD WILL WIN IN 2012.

We can grab a good slice of each party by using this war as leverage. Worst case scenario, one of these parties wakes up and remembers how anti war this country was a year ago.

90,000 troops. Are you kidding me?
Lets suppose we bring the troops back from all over, and the Muslims still attack us, how would you respond?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Lets suppose we bring the troops back from all over, and the Muslims still attack us, how would you respond?

CIA and Blowback. How many times has Switzerland been attacked? How much do they interfere in the internal business of Nations?

lester1/2jr
11-11-2009, 06:57 PM
the problem for republicans is that there are still troops out there.

they can't really be antiwar when we are still at war. it's tied up with patriotism and nationalism and supporting the troops

I think when the troops finally come home or are more or less done with iraq and afghanistan they will come around to our way of thinking, which they did for most of the 90's.

1000-points-of-fright
11-11-2009, 07:02 PM

You kill them.

Nobody has ever said they will stop attacking us. There's almost 60 yrs of resentment built up. That's not going to disappear overnight. But I bet over time there will be fewer and fewer of them attacking. Eventually, there will be a generation of Muslims who will look at American Imperialism as ancient history.

pcosmar
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM

"The Muslims", which country is that? Do they have the means of invading? Ships, troop transports, aircraft carriers?
How would they invade an armed country with defenses and an air force.
Not going to happen.

lester1/2jr
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
there will always be some terrorist threat.

there will just be alot less if we weren't in their countries

our presence is a big recruiting tool. basically they are an industry that thrives on american interventionism

paulitics
11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Yep, the neocons may have just handed the democrats healthcare this week, by saying stuff like all Muslims should be banned from the military. Rush Limbaugh was waayy out there today, and said the majority of muslims want violent jihad. The majority now Rush? And Hannity raised his voice to practically screaming level. Just a complete loose cannon.

These guys are propagandists by mixing bullshit with truth. The majority of Americans listen to that and say WTF? and then get turned off with the rest of conservative principles because they associate it with these assclowns.

These guys destroy conservatism more so than any democrat can dream of.

Matthew Zak
11-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Alright, well I don't want to spend another minute in this echo chamber if I could be making a difference. Even if it's only via the internet, let's start sending emails and messages. Let's be more vigorous than we were in '07 and '08. Let's let the country know that there's an anti war movement, and that there is going to be an anti war candidate, and that he will have the best principles in either party. Let's really mystify the hell out of freedom-hungry closet-constitutionalists. I'm talking about an army of black cloak wearing v-for-vendetta-style freedom loyalists.

They're out there.