PDA

View Full Version : My idea for matching funds

jj111
10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
My idea for matching funds

If, and only if, there is a net strategic advantage to accepting (not spending) matching funds, my idea is this.

1) Accept the matching funds.
2) At same time put out press release stating
a) The reason why they are accepting funds
b) Their promise that they will not spend these funds, but will keep them in the bank, and return them, with interest, back to the US Treasury at the end of the election.

Would be so controversial and complex and unique that this alone would garner a lot of free media stories on this alone.

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 03:31 PM
My idea for matching funds

If, and only if, there is a net strategic advantage to accepting (not spending) matching funds, my idea is this.

1) Accept the matching funds.
2) At same time put out press release stating
a) The reason why they are accepting funds
b) Their promise that they will not spend these funds, but will keep them in the bank, and return them, with interest, back to the US Treasury at the end of the election.

Would be so controversial and complex and unique that this alone would garner a lot of free media stories on this alone.

Lol! Now that's a cool idea.

kylejack
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Uh...why? Why would we TIE OUR HANDS on spending just to SUBVERT the checkbox that people checked off?

steph3n
10-02-2007, 03:33 PM
but the limits on spending when using these funds kill you. No thanks

Chester Copperpot
yeah its noble but it would put the dr. at a disadvantage with the spending issue perhaps.. otherwise it sounds likeit would grab attention

DrNoZone
Yeah, it was the attention part I was giving kudos on. If it would hamper us, then it's a bad idea.

DjLoTi
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Can We Stop Talking About This Useless Rhetoric? It Will Never End With U Ppl!!!

yoshimaroka
10-02-2007, 03:35 PM
At least keep it in the already existing matching funds thread.