PDA

View Full Version : "The greatest casualty is being forgotten."

Cowlesy
11-11-2009, 09:56 AM
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Thank you for your generous donation to the Wounded Warrior Project. Your gift enables us to provide comfort and aid to the wounded and families in need.

The following summarizes your contribution:
Payment Amount: $100.00
Reference ID: 103714977

Wounded Warrior Project contact information:
Email Address: donorservices@woundedwarriorproject.org

This is a system-generated email - please contact the non-profit organization directly.

You will receive this confirmation via email.

I know times are tough, but it'd be cool if we could find enough folks to spotaneously match my $100.00 donation to raise $200.00 for our wounded warriors.

AuH20
11-11-2009, 10:01 AM
done.

Reason
11-11-2009, 10:05 AM
All I can say is that I am happy I am out of the military.

While my injury causes me daily pain it is nothing compared to what many men and women have sustained.

It is very depressing that our men and women are being taken advantage of for these false wars of aggression and then to top it off we don't even take care of them once we mess them up.

Ugh. Veterans day sucks in our current situations. Maybe after WWII it would have been something to celebrate.

AuH20
11-11-2009, 10:08 AM
YouTube - Metallica - Disposable Heroes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQz_eTe4kg)

Cowlesy
11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
done.

Thank you Goldwater.

pcosmar
11-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Who coined the phrase, "The first casualty of War is Truth" ? .
http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-21510,00.html

It seems everyone suffers after that.

Live_Free_Or_Die
11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
nt

FunkBuddha
11-11-2009, 02:38 PM
My wife and I donated $100.00.

Cowlesy
11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
My wife and I donated $100.00.

:eek::eek:

Thanks Funk -- I was hoping to get 10, $10 donations to match the $100, but I'm not going to complain about someone swinging for the fence!

FunkBuddha
11-11-2009, 02:50 PM
:eek::eek:

Thanks Funk -- I was hoping to get 10, $10 donations to match the $100, but I'm not going to complain about someone swinging for the fence!

NP. It's a good charity. We've given to them before.

Cowlesy
11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Why can't Obama grow a set, and bring the troops home NOW.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091111/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_veterans_day_the_injured

By KIMBERLY HEFLING, Associated Press Writer Kimberly Hefling, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 42 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Far from winding down, the numbers of U.S. soldiers coming home wounded have continued to swell. The problem is especially acute among those fighting in Afghanistan, where nearly four times as many troops were injured in October as a year ago.

Amputations, burns, brain injuries and shrapnel wounds proliferate in Afghanistan, due mostly to increasingly potent improvised bombs targeting U.S. forces. Snipers' bullets and mortar rounds also are to blame.

Of particular concern are the so-called hidden wounds, traumatic brain injuries and post-traumatic stress disorder that can have long-term side effects such as depression.

Since 2007, more than 70,000 service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury — more than 20,000 of them this year, according to the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center. Most of the injuries are mild but leave symptoms such as headaches and difficulty concentrating.

FunkBuddha
11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
I whole-heartedly oppose these wars and what the troops are ordered to do/volunteer to do over there, but it's compassion that wins hearts. I can't imagine, nor do I want to imagine what these soldiers and their families go through when they come home mangled both physically and mentally.

Cowlesy
11-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I whole-heartedly oppose these wars and what the troops are ordered to do/volunteer to do over there, but it's compassion that wins hearts. I can't imagine, nor do I want to imagine what these soldiers and their families go through when they come home mangled both physically and mentally.

We're on the same page.

Also, there are a lot of guys who truly believe(d) in the cause, and I think it is shameful that our government does not provide them all the medical care they truly need. Some of those guys come back so busted up that I don't know how I'd even continue on --- any little bit we can do helps.