PDA

View Full Version : Debate was a joke, contact WMUR.

literatim
06-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Frankly that entire debate was a joke as was the Democrat one before it. It was unbalanced: both time allotted and questions asked. I think everyone should contact WMUR and inform them that not only was it disgraceful of WMUR, but of New Hampshire as a whole who pride themselves for fair political discussion.

http://www.wmur.com/contact/index.html

http://chrisdodd.com/republican_debate/chart.png

4Horsemen
06-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, we live in a free country. :rolleyes:

TruePatriot44
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
This wasn't a debate at all, they were nothing more than talking websites. I want to see candidates speak on the issues against one another and I didn't get that feeling.

I actually prefer Fox News where the moderator forces conflict.

Bloody Holly
06-05-2007, 08:09 PM
The ones with the most money gets more airtime. Someone else said PBS should have debates and I agree. Even with Ron's limitations did you notice that everytime he said something there was applause?

ckg242
06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
PBS will be airing debates later this year.

beermotor
06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah at least Fox was adversarial.

ThePieSwindler
06-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Ron did terrific. I feel kinda bad for Tommy Thompson, Gilmore, and Tancredo too, even though i dont agree with them or support them. I actually liked Huckabee in the debate fairly well, and have nothing against him as a person or a candidate, but he just isnt the answer that Ron Paul, obviously not even close.

voteronpaul08
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't fully agree that this debate is lost. Ron got across some really great points, and the NH voters embraced it. Everytime he spoke there was applaude.

Now for the goods. The more Rudy, McCain and Romney spoke they got into trouble. We now have clips of Rudy talking about nation building, won't that work real well in a TV spot! In a week, most will forget what happened. Rudy talking about training our military to nation build DESTROYED him (in my humble opinion).

Also, his video (http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1292966048) (with is a great Ron talk on Iraq, many NH voters agree with this!) leads at CNN (BTW, click on the link and use the "email this" icon to get it on the MOST emailed story!), so many Democrats and Independents will see it and know what a great guy he is. We can only win this war with small victories. Today, Rudy stepped on an "IED". (even God helped Ron out a bit, he shut off Rudy's mic ;)

As for the other two. Romney was twisted and jumbled even the commentators took notice. His flip floping is comming out! If McCain is taking 10+ minutes after the debate to argue about his amnesty bill, how can that be a good thing.

Look the polls mean crap now. We all know that. I spoke with someone today who was going to vote for Obama, guess who HE told me his likes now? RON PAUL!

Let's take our good with the bad. Ron WILL BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.!

Patrick Henry
06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
While although I am completely outraged at this mock debate, one thing is clear. And that is the clear dividing line between the neocriminals and the sane constitutional good Dr..

I flipped the channel over to C-span and the support for the good Dr. was everywhere. Ron's support will continue to grow, and I believe grow so much more just because of this debate even though his time was limited. When he spoke he was strong and concise. This was his best debate yet. IMO

ronpaulitician
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Check this out!

I think this should become our number 1 method of advertising.

Turn your car into a rolling RON PAUL REVOLUTION billboard (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8189858@N06/show/)

RPR-omaha
06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I every canidate should have gotten an equal chance. Not just Paul but Thompson and all the other second tier canidates got shafted. I mean what info does the MSM have to go on who the first tier canidates are? Just polls that contradict each other. It is pathetic.

beermotor
06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Some people at my meetup said they didn't like that Revolution graphic; have those guys been involved in shady things like support che guevara or something? I personally like the hippy "love" bit, but i'm a weirdo.

Alabama Supporter
06-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Email sent to WMUR.

Ron Paul supporter very disappointed with tonights GOP debate. In a state like New Hampshire that thrives on open and honest debate, how can your station sponsor a debate that plays such favorites with the high-dollar corporate candiates? Although I don't necessarily agree with Tommy Thompson, Tancredo, Gilmore, or the other "second tier" candidates, they all deserve equal time INCLUDING RON PAUL. I hope any more debates you sponsor feature fair time to ALL candidates.

Swmorgan77
06-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Frankly that entire debate was a joke as was the Democrat one before it. It was unbalanced: both time allotted and questions asked. I think everyone should contact WMUR and inform them that not only was it disgraceful of WMUR, but of New Hampshire as a whole who pride themselves for fair political discussion.

http://chrisdodd.com/republican_debate/chart.png

What a sad state of affairs. You know Lincoln and Douglas would debate philosophy and policy for HOURS. You would go to the presidential debate, go home and eat, then go back!

People LIVED for political dialogue. Now we don't even have any that rises above a 3rd grade level.

Dr. Paul does a great job injecting reason and good principles into these debates, but you can just tell it kills him to have to be so sound-byte oriented.

Why not a whole DAY of debate on CSPAN with each candidate taking their turn? My guess would be that Rudy McRomney would run out of answer to fill up more than 5 minutes and would just stand there saying "9/11" over and over again until the bell rang.

Swmorgan77
06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Some people at my meetup said they didn't like that Revolution graphic; have those guys been involved in shady things like support che guevara or something? I personally like the hippy "love" bit, but i'm a weirdo.

No, the "revolution" guys are solid Constitutionalists, but the idea is that you market Ron Paul to the youth counter-culture as a "change".

It's pretty brilliant, IMO and its good since the "Revolution" group is not part of the campaign which allows for legal freedom and a healthy distance from their actions.

The Ron Paul campaign is keeping good tabs on where their support is coming from and they see it is coming from young people and they are marketing to that trend.

DjLoTi
06-05-2007, 09:10 PM
What a sad state of affairs. You know Lincoln and Douglas would debate philosophy and policy for HOURS. You would go to the presidential debate, go home and eat, then go back!

People LIVED for political dialogue. Now we don't even have any that rises above a 3rd grade level.

Why not a whole DAY of debate on CSPAN with each candidate taking their turn? My guess would be that Rudy McRomney would run out of answer to fill up more than 5 minutes and would just stand there saying "9/11" over and over again until the bell rang.

I love your philosophy on this.

rodent
06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Check this out!

Turn your car into a rolling RON PAUL REVOLUTION billboard (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8189858@N06/show/)

I live in New York City and don't have a car. I do have a window that faces a busy intersaction on the Upper West Side though. Anyone know where I can buy a cheap electronic scrolly sign so I can scroll messages about Ron Paul all day long?

james1906
06-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I live in New York City and don't have a car. I do have a window that faces a busy intersaction on the Upper West Side though. Anyone know where I can buy a cheap electronic scrolly sign so I can scroll messages about Ron Paul all day long?

did you live in nyc on 9/11? it would great for your sign to say 'as a resident of new york on 9/11, i support ron paul for president, did i mention i lived in new york on 9/11?'

Craig_R
06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Check this out!

it has been for weeks now, only its not a car, its a truck. I've got about 6 RP signs in the widows on the topper. one legalize the constitution vote Ron Paul 08 on each side, one Restore the Republic vote Ron Paul on each side and on the rear I've got a Ron Paul for president bumper sticker, and in the window I have 1776 is the answer to 1984 vote Ron Paul 08 and www.ronpaul2008.com.

:D I drive it 3 hours a day back and forth to work, lots of people see those signs :D

BuddyRey
06-06-2007, 01:59 AM
My jaw dropped to the floor when Ron Paul mentioned "neocons" in the audience Q&A segment. To actually hear the word "neocon" voiced by a Republican in a Republican debate was nearly too stark and honest for me. I like Ron Paul more and more every time I see him.

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 07:06 AM

http://www.adsled.com/window-displays.html

Great idea for high traffic windows. Can put Paul quotes running on it as well.

Best
Randy

Bossobass
06-06-2007, 08:23 AM
We bumped into Congressman Paul at 5:00 AM this morning, he, on his way to Washington, and we, on our way back here in Charlotte, NC.

He told me that his answer to the question regarding his small percentage of time allotted him in the debate was, "My message is so potent, I don't NEED as much time as the others."

He mentioned his absolute outrage at the candidate's all mentioning the possibility of tactical nuclear attack against Iran and that they wouldn't call on him to comment. Then he said, "But, I got it in there at the end."

He had much much more to say as we both waited for our flights. What a time at the debate (my voice is barely audible this morning), and afterwards was simply indescribable.

Vids and pics coming, but we're off to sleep for a while.

Bosso

Bradley in DC
06-06-2007, 08:27 AM

Please, when representing Dr. Paul and his supporters always be POLITE and RESPECTFUL--we have a lot of converts to win over yet especially in NH.

Henry
06-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Here is a copy of comments I sent to WMUR and CNN.

I'm sorry to say that last night's "debate" was a farce. Equally, I’m sorry to see that WMUR was a willing participant of this dog and pony show. Call me old-fashioned but I always subscribed to the sense of balance and free play. Your involvement in the debate reflected none of the aforementioned. Does equal time mean anything to you or CNN?

Spare me the hollow argument that the “first tier” candidates deserve more time. It’s not fair to allocate the majority of the time to these talking heads. By the way does a poll anoit and deem these people to be “first tier”? It seems apparent that CNN called the shots on censoring the people (in the audience) who were chosen by CNN producers to ask very specific questions blessed by CNN and WMUR.

Even CNN was guilty of not following their own “rule” of “when a candidate does not the answer directly, they would move on”. As the debate was winding down Duncan asked a question directed to Romney, Giuliani, and Mccain. None of them answered the question and were allowed to filibuster and kill the clock.

Nice job Wolf. Keep up the good work you’re ever so close to becoming “fair and balanced”.

Thanks,
Henry

angelatc
06-06-2007, 08:53 AM
I didn't even mention Ron Paul by name. I don't think I need to. Here's what I sent, and I'm sending a copy via snail mail too. I think letters get more attention these days.

Rick Davis, Executive Vice President
News Standards and Practices
One CNN Center / 6th Floor, South Tower
Atlanta, GA 30303

Dear Mr Davis,

I was very disappointed in your coverage of the debate. As one of the few voters interested enough to even bother tuning in, it troubled me to see the top 3 candidates get double the air time that the lesser known candidates received. I would have thought Fox might eagerly indulge such behaviors, but sadly, I thought better of CNN.

I am also am bothered because I think that the fact that nearly all the candidates seemed to favor a nuclear attack on Iran should be screaming headline news. And it isn't.

Fred Thompson is?

Sincerely,

Angela Thornton Canny
4525 Crab Orchard Dr
Hoffman Estates IL 60192
(847) 934-7107

joenaab
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Bosso, you are so lucky, man! I can't believe you got to talk to Dr. Paul after the debate.

None of us should expect any help from CNN or other major stations, papers, groups and such. They are owned and controlled by the very people who are conducting the war and destroying U.S. sovereignty. I, like many others, once thought CNN to be a real source of news. They are not. They just do a better job than Fox of appearing to be fair. Expect more devious behavior in the future and we'll do our best to battle through it.

CurtisLow
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I believe that Rudy's questions were prearranged and he was told before hand of the questions to be given him.

mconder
06-06-2007, 09:52 AM
There is only one way to beat the MSN. Join your local Meetup group and get to work.