PDA

View Full Version : Meeting tonight with someone from the campaign

McDermit
10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
A regional coordinator from another area will be in northeast PA in a couple hours. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but if anyone has questions they'd like asked, (preferably not region-specific ones,) we can have them passed along.

So if there's anything you'd like us to try to find out for you, speak up!

I, for one, have some questions about the whole Anita Andrews thing. Should we be continuing with the plans she laid out now that she's no longer with the campaign? :confused:

DrNoZone
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Umm...are they working on a professional outreach DVD?

steph3n
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I think the plans and guidance can still be followed.

itsnobody
10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Ask how much we made in the 3rd quarter....

Sematary
10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
A regional coordinator from another area will be in northeast PA in a couple hours. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but if anyone has questions they'd like asked, (preferably not region-specific ones,) we can have them passed along.

I, for one, have some questions about the whole Anita Andrews thing. Should we be continuing with the plans she laid out now that she's no longer with the campaign? :confused:

Ask them if they can get us mailing addresses in the early primary states.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 02:27 PM

what happened to her?

constituent
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
wow... revelation i did not know, re: AA

steph3n
10-02-2007, 02:30 PM
It would be best not to dwell on why she left but continuing the grassroots efforts to get the word out and get delegates in.

Hope a good replacement can be found.

McDermit
10-02-2007, 02:35 PM

haha, I don't think they'll let that cat out of the bag yet.

McDermit
10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Umm...are they working on a professional outreach DVD?
a professional tv ad that we can run would be nice too. will definitely ask.

McDermit
10-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Ask them if they can get us mailing addresses in the early primary states.

I think someone had asked before, and they basically told us that the grassroots could obtain voter data themselves. I'll ask him about it though.

MsDoodahs
10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I take it that since Anita is gone now, the grassroots is no longer being discouraged from campaigning?

katao
10-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Please request a means to add our own project codes for donations and a means to find out totals for those project codes.

This allows the grassroots to come up with tons of fundraising competitions, gimmicks, tracking, etc. that are currently impossible. Let us prove how effective the free market for fundraising can be!

Sematary
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I think someone had asked before, and they basically told us that the grassroots could obtain voter data themselves. I'll ask him about it though.

It costs money. They get the info for free.

Korey Kaczynski
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Why is Anita gone?

aunt_shoes
10-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I have corresponded with Lew Moore's assistant and they most certainly want us to continue with the plan conveyed to us by Anita Andrews. They are very pleased with the training that was provided and would be very unhappy if we just dropped the plan after their investment in it and their belief that it is the winning strategy.

TN is on board!

orenbus
10-02-2007, 05:26 PM

let us know what Jeff talked about, also is he going to be traveling to
any other place in the area? thanks

paulitics
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
What are the plans for NH. Can we get a mailout list targeting republicans and independents from them ASAP?

MS0453
10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
McDermit, I'm a NEPA guy myself and I would have asked what was up (with this coordinator) early, but I was busy with classes. I'd love to help out though (with anything), so if you can give me the scoop through PM or wherever, I'd totally appreciate it.

McDermit
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I wasn't able to make it due to the new stinky boss, but my ex was there and was able to ask some questions.

As for the DVD thing, there really isn't a simple answer. One is being worked on by the campaign's videographer, but it isn't a priority. Commercials are being worked on... but whether they'll be made available to the grassroots is not yet known.

There will be a mailing/calling campaign for early primary states. Couldn't get specifics though.. sounds like the campaign is still working out the details. If anyone wants to start up a project on their own, I think they should run with it. No sense waiting for HQ since we can't be certain when they'll get the info to us.

He dropped a big hint about Q3 numbers, but I'm not going to be the jackass to leak that info. Sounds like HQ is waiting for the dust to settle from others' announcements so that all focus will be on RP's numbers. To that affect, it certainly sounds like everyone will be VERY pleasantly surprised when they are announced.

We got contact info for several people at HQ who would listen to our suggestions for dynamic project codes. Amy will be making a couple calls tomorrow to see if we can get anywhere with that.

The campaign will not officially endorse the banners and such, but HQ definitely wants us to continue with the banners and guerilla techiniques. Several attendees posed questions about the legality of such activities - the understanding is that anything meetups do is NOT under control of the campaign. We do what we want, and we bare the sole responsibility for all activities, legal or otherwise. Jeff loves the banners and RP loves the banners. *Someone* even gave one of our meetup leaders a huge R[EVOL]UTION stencil to make use of. The only request from HQ is that we do not use the official website or the official logo on any banners/signs that may be posted in questionable areas. All official signs should be used where we KNOW they are legally posted.

It sounds like the Anita strategy was not explicitly Anita's... she was the messenger, with some ideas of her own thrown in. While no one at tonight's meeting was asked to sign an NDA, some of the info definitely should not be shared in a public forum. There are angles being worked that the other campaigns can not get wind of. If anyone gets the chance to meet with ANYONE from the official campaign, TAKE IT! I think I was able to get the jist of it secondhand, and everything sounds awesome, but I really wish I could have been there.

McDermit
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
let us know what Jeff talked about, also is he going to be traveling to
any other place in the area? thanks

He was just in the area for a few days visting family. He may decide to visit some other areas, but it doesn't sound like it's in the plans. This was just something he did on his own and it wasn't at the campaign's request. He's a west coast guy.

It speaks volumes about how dedicated and excited about the campaign the staffers are though. Jeff took time out of his vacation without being asked and without being reimbursed.. to come talk to a group of supporters. He even took his family with him to the meeting. That's dedication!

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-02-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm guessing they don't even tell most of the staff that.

Alabama Supporter
10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Please do NOT leak the number!!!

abstrusezincate
10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Just a thought. When we did our "Paint the Town Ron", we affixed little labels printed out from a laser printer that said "Not Authorized by Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee". It covered their asses, and it took all of two seconds to do.

McDermit
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm guessing they don't even tell most of the staff that.

They don't. Jeff only had an estimate.. and they haven't updated him in a few days.

McDermit
10-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Just a thought. When we did our "Paint the Town Ron", we affixed little labels printed out from a laser printer that said "Not Authorized by Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee". It covered their asses, and it took all of two seconds to do.

That's an awesome idea. We had been printing a company name (my ex's company, since she buys/prints most of our materials through it) and contact info on most of our signs, but hadn't thought to do anything on banners. The labels would make everything easier.

Ninja Homer
10-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks McDermit, overall it sounds very positive.

The only thing that bugs me is the DVD not being a priority, although it's nice to know that they have a videographer working on it. I didn't even know they had a videographer.

If we just had access to the videographer's footage somehow, some of us here could probably produce some awesome DVD's on our own and set up distribution. There have been some grassroots DVD's produced already, but they don't quite cut it because all we have to work with is YouTube quality.

If there's any way to get a professional quality DVD or access to high quality footage so we can make DVD's ourselves, I think it would make a huge impact.