PDA

View Full Version : "God" is really fear of others

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-10-2009, 12:57 AM
YouTube - "God" is really the fear of others... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVI4kzoZmy0)

The superstitious cultist who goes to church does not avoid rationally examining the question of the existence of God because he is certain that God exists, but rather because he is certain that God does not exist at all. What he truly wishes to avoid is not the knowledge of God’s nonexistence, but rather the inevitable results of that knowledge, which is the end of his association with his cult, and the inevitable attacks that will descend upon him from his fellow cult members. He also fears the contempt and hostility in his children’s eyes that will inevitably result from his recognition of the truth, since he inflicted his superstition upon them with pious self-righteousness when they were young, helpless and utterly dependent. He is also afraid to put his wife’s love to the test, because he knows exactly what will happen if he says to her: “Will you love me and the truth, or will you reject me out of fear and enslavement to our fellow cultists, if I reject falsehood?

He already knows what her answer will be.

He already knows exactly where he sits on her hierarchy of “values.”

He already knows that his wife will kick him to the curb the moment he speaks the truth.

Thus it is not the absence of God that he fears and avoids, but the consequences of speaking the truth – and the knowledge that he has wasted his life in a squalid, corrupt cult of liars and bullies – and even worse, that he has sacrificed his children’s intelligence and integrity on the altar of his own cowardice.

Truly, to look into the mirror with such accuracy, and to see what he had truly become, would be more than his soul could possibly bear.

Danke
11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Stefan Molyneux should definitely stick to economics.

tremendoustie
11-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Actually, I believe God exists precisely because of rational examination of the topic. I believe the existence of the nonphysical (i.e. the mind) is provable, and the existence of God, or a supreme mind, is most reasonable based on the evidence, although not provable.

I find that many agnostics and atheists have had a bad experience with an unloving, irrational, superstitious Christian, and then assume that every Christian they meet is their clone.

YumYum
11-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Actually, I believe God exists precisely because of rational examination of the topic. I believe the existence of the nonphysical (i.e. the mind) is provable, and the existence of God, or a supreme mind, is most reasonable based on the evidence, although not provable.

I find that many agnostics and atheists have had a bad experience with an unloving, irrational, superstitious Christian, and then assume that every Christian they meet is their clone.

I agree that most atheists/agnostics had some bad religous experiment, and that is what sent them on the path to do research to find the answers. They become more logical and less emotional if they do critical research.

stu2002
11-10-2009, 02:12 PM
This guy is an ass

Original_Intent
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
The superstitious cultist who goes to church does not avoid rationally examining the question of the existence of God because he is certain that God exists, but rather because he is certain that God does not exist at all. What he truly wishes to avoid is not the knowledge of God’s nonexistence, but rather the inevitable results of that knowledge, which is the end of his association with his cult, and the inevitable attacks that will descend upon him from his fellow cult members. He also fears the contempt and hostility in his children’s eyes that will inevitably result from his recognition of the truth, since he inflicted his superstition upon them with pious self-righteousness when they were young, helpless and utterly dependent. He is also afraid to put his wife’s love to the test, because he knows exactly what will happen if he says to her: “Will you love me and the truth, or will you reject me out of fear and enslavement to our fellow cultists, if I reject falsehood?

He already knows what her answer will be.

He already knows exactly where he sits on her hierarchy of “values.”

He already knows that his wife will kick him to the curb the moment he speaks the truth.

Thus it is not the absence of God that he fears and avoids, but the consequences of speaking the truth – and the knowledge that he has wasted his life in a squalid, corrupt cult of liars and bullies – and even worse, that he has sacrificed his children’s intelligence and integrity on the altar of his own cowardice.

Truly, to look into the mirror with such accuracy, and to see what he had truly become, would be more than his soul could possibly bear.

Wow, externalize your own problems much? I have talked to my wife very openly about the doubts I have had, I ahve gone several years at a stretch wtihout setting foot in a church as I worked out my own beliefs. My wife would not "kick me to the curb" even if I were to become an atheist (not going to happen, I have a well grounded belief in God but it has ntohing to do with the pitiful theories espoused in the above quote.

brandon
11-10-2009, 03:31 PM
lmao at this cult leader bashing other cults

Cult war!

Deborah K
11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
What amuses me about people like this is when you pose this hypothesis to them:

Q: Do you believe intelligent life exists on other planets?

A: Yes, I believe it is entirely possible given the vastness of the Universe.

Q: Do you believe it is possible that intelligent life, far superior to ours exists?

A: Yes.

Q: Is it a stretch to believe that this 'far superior intelligence' could duplicate life on a planet other than their own?

A: uhhhh......no....I guess it isn't a stretch to believe that.....

Q: So, why is so hard to believe that a supreme being might have created life on earth, and allowed it to evolve?

A: WELLLLLLLL.....that's not the same thing.......

:rolleyes:

Romulus
11-10-2009, 03:49 PM
This is a youtube this guy made saying that humans are cattle of the gov and that states are farms... can anyone find it? I have tried to no end..

heavenlyboy34
11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Stefan is good at a lot of things, but I don't think he has enough background knowledge to discuss this topic fully yet.