PDA

View Full Version : Wish I could be in DC Jan 13 for this!

s35wf
11-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Damn why is FL sooo far away from DC??? I would have REALLY liked to be at this event. :( Someone go & take pics & video/audio Please!

Please join MPP staff, supporters, and celebrity guests in toasting 15 years of remarkable progress in the movement toward ending marijuana prohibition. Reserve your ticket to our 15th Anniversary Gala today.

WHAT: MPP’s 15th Anniversary Gala

WHEN/WHERE: January 13 in Washington, D.C.

HOW: Find more information here.

The event’s theme? 15 states in 15 years. When MPP was founded in 1995, medical marijuana was illegal in all 50 states. Since then, 13 states have legalized medical marijuana and 13 have decriminalized marijuana possession. By the end of MPP’s 15th year in 2010, we’re hopeful that medical marijuana will be legal in 15 states, and that marijuana possession will be decriminalized in 15 states.

Our honorary host committee for the event includes Melissa Etheridge, Susan Sarandon, Montel Williams, Ani DiFranco, Bill Maher, Steve Buscemi, Tom Robbins, and more.

Still not sure? Watch this video invitation, created by honorary host Hal Sparks:

Please reverse your tickets today!

By the way, if you’d like to join the host committee for the event, please e-mail MPP’s Leah Harris at lharris@mpp.org for more information.

I look forward to seeing you on January 13.

Sincerely,

Rob Kampia
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
Washington, D.C.

P.S. As I’ve mentioned in previous alerts, a major philanthropist has committed to match the first $2.35 million that MPP can raise from the rest of the planet in 2009. This means that your donation today will be doubled.

P.P.S. You can opt out of receiving fundraising mentions in the e-mail alerts I send you in 2009 by visiting http://www.mpp.org/2009optoutpreference at your convenience.