PDA

View Full Version : A New Movement Idea

NoHero
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I've recently had the idea of setting up a website or something (I have no knowledge of how to make one) to expose every single national and local politician that breaks campaign promises or votes against their own campaign promises or supposed ideology. I know it would be a lot of information, but I believe a "bi-partisan" (hopefully polypartisan) movement could be created that would root out all career politicians if all Americans would agree that they want to be represented with honesty. There needs to be a site with no agenda but to root out dishonesty in our government with users being the ones keeping an eye their elected officials. I think this type of movement would be bigger than any ron paul group.

Elwar
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
You could always start with a blog and start doing your own research.

WClint
11-09-2009, 04:11 PM
People say the left/right is a false paradigm, name one good liberal. Ron Paul didnt run as a democrat he ran as a republican.

Kludge
11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
People say the left/right is a false paradigm, name one good liberal. Ron Paul didnt run as a democrat he ran as a republican.

Bob Conley.

tangent4ronpaul
11-09-2009, 04:19 PM
A score sheet of how people voted on certain issues would be a lot easier.

-t

Old Ducker
11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
It's a good idea, good luck with it. You could call it the Hall of Shame. It would be useful ammunition in internet arguments but I don't think it would do anything to confront corruption. The system is beyond repair. Those who wish to reclaim their country should put their effort into non-parliamentary endeavors.

Matthew Zak
11-09-2009, 05:05 PM
You could always start with a blog and start doing your own research.

That's too much work for one person. I think he means to create a website that people can contribute to wiki style, which kind of rates politicians on how trust worthy they are. (Am I close?)

Danke
11-09-2009, 05:11 PM
//

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
how about "Adopt a Politician"

NoHero
11-09-2009, 06:09 PM
That's too much work for one person. I think he means to create a website that people can contribute to wiki style, which kind of rates politicians on how trust worthy they are. (Am I close?)

This is very close to what I mean, but I have no idea where to start... Mostly, I'm tired of good people thinking they support people who believe like they do, who are honest, when for the most part it's not the case. I believe the majority of people from all ideologies can agree that most major offices are held by less than honorable persons, and this would be a way that everybody will have a place to hold them accountable. If anyone has the ability to start a project like this, they are more than welcome to use this very idea... I would just like to see something like this come to fruition.

NoHero
11-09-2009, 06:21 PM

It's not false in the economic sense, but when it comes to social/domestic issues it's very blurry. I'm surprised at liberty activists that support people like Hoffman and Palin who support Patriot Act legislation and other subversions of personal freedom. In the same way, I'm suprised any decent liberal would support Obama for the same reason.

jmdrake
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
It's not false in the economic sense, but when it comes to social/domestic issues it's very blurry. I'm surprised at liberty activists that support people like Hoffman and Palin who support Patriot Act legislation and other subversions of personal freedom. In the same way, I'm suprised any decent liberal would support Obama for the same reason.

I will ask you something I asked someone else who was far less reasonable than you seem to be. Do you have ANY actually documentation that Hoffman supports the patriot act? I'm not saying that he doesn't. But I've seen the charge thrown around without any docs to back it up. Thanks in advance.

NoHero
11-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I will ask you something I asked someone else who was far less reasonable than you seem to be. Do you have ANY actually documentation that Hoffman supports the patriot act? I'm not saying that he doesn't. But I've seen the charge thrown around without any docs to back it up. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the comment and "reasonable" compliment :o To be perfectly honest, i've looked up his position and couldn't find anything, but being that he is a "war on terrrrism" guy, I'm almost positive that he wouldn't be against it... on his website he says "freedom isn't free" which in the right context is true, but it's usually used by powerholders to justify anti-liberty laws. I know many people who believe the exact same way he does, and they aren't bad people, just misled. "Endless war keeps money in the pocket of international bankers and the military industrial complex, and cleverly worded bills like PATRIOT Act silence dissent" is a view I would like to see become more mainstream. I mean since its absolutely true and agreed on by many on the left and right, it would be a great catalyst to a growth boom within our movement

Also, Hoffman's views on gay marriage and "don't ask, don't tell" aren't very pro-freedom either, but then, again they're the same as Ron Paul's, although Paul may agree with me that marriage shouldn't even be a state issue.

Nonetheless, there are FAR worse people in congress to worry about on the topic of subverting freedom... and it WOULD have been better for the country had he won simply for his other positions that aren't being brought to the house now. (assuming he was/is sincere) However, I do fear neo-conservatives trying hijack our movement as they've appeared to be trying since the election. Also, even if said neocons believe the personal liberty mantra they now cling to, I fear a backlash from anti-war "liberals" who've supported some of our positions, not to mention the linking of our views to d-bags like limbaugh, bill kristol, and sarah palin.