PDA

View Full Version : Erie Times News: Beeman's Erie County Council win raises questions

Cowlesy
11-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Oooooh man, the Establishment is pisssssssed that Bill Beeman won. The reporter seems to have a serious bias as well.

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091106/NEWS02/311069944

Voters propelled Ebert G. Beeman and his radical agenda into the heart of Erie County government Tuesday despite warnings from the Republican Party on whose ticket he ran.

The party and members of Erie County Council now want to know whether Beeman's habit of resisting government authority -- multiple citations for driving on a suspended license and an estimated $2 million debt to the Internal Revenue Service -- will bar him from claiming the County Council seat he won.

Read the rest at the link. (http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091106/NEWS02/311069944)

youngbuck
11-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh yea, there's some blatant bias going on their, lol.

MsDoodahs
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
:D

I'm so glad he won that race!

GOP chair sounds like a real prick - trying to REFUSE to accept the will of the VOTERS.

amy31416
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Oh they're publishing crap in the newspaper about him trying to smear him--so much so that it's laughable. Often it's an un-named op-ed piece. None of the letters to the editor that I've written have been published yet, but if they are, I'll share.

Given his background it's quite likely he would have known my father. Unfortunately, my father died rather young and I can't get a real scoop yet.

I picked a dumb time to drop the meetup group a couple months ago--live and learn.

Cowlesy
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh they're publishing crap in the newspaper about him trying to smear him--so much so that it's laughable. Often it's an un-named op-ed piece. None of the letters to the editor that I've written have been published yet, but if they are, I'll share.

Given his background it's quite likely he would have known my father. Unfortunately, my father died rather young and I can't get a real scoop yet.

I picked a dumb time to drop the meetup group a couple months ago--live and learn.

You should go to a Council Meeting --- will probably be interesting!

Chester Copperpot
11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
good win fuck the establishment

lx43
11-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Before the election, the libertarian-minded Beeman said he wanted the county to sell the public library system and Tullio Arena; free nonviolent offenders from the Erie County Prison; and nix the Erie International Airport runway extension.

I like this guy already.

amy31416
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
You should go to a Council Meeting --- will probably be interesting!

I plan to.

Gotta quit being such an anti-social weirdo.