PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Congressman Demands Apology from Bachmann

bobbyw24
11-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Digg Tweet By David Weigel 11/6/09 5:45 PM

Flush off of the upset Democratic victory in NY-23, which he had a big hand in, Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.), who is Jewish, is demanding that Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) apologize for sponsoring Thursday’s anti-health care reform rally, which brought to the hill signs comparing health reform to the Holocaust.

“I just cannot believe that Congresswoman Bachmann sponsored and brought to the American people, the use of images from the Holocaust, actual photographs of skeletal remains of people from the cremetoria, in order to make a point about the health insurance bill,” says Israel. “I can’t believe that Congresswoman Bachmann would stand where she stood and see those images and not have the common decency to say, ‘I disagree with the use of those images.’”

It’s another sign, if any were needed, that Democrats consider Bachmann a useful foil. And it’s another attempt to make Republicans pay for embracing the energy of Tea Party activists.

http://washingtonindependent.com/67009/democratic-congressman-demands-apology-from-bachmann

klamath
11-07-2009, 09:25 AM
He is a joke. Michelle shouldn't have sent out that email telling people to bring their holocaust photos