PDA

View Full Version : The Young Turks are not news

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-07-2009, 04:38 AM
I started watching these guys a few months ago. They seemed like a pretty reasonable source of news at first. But it wasnt too long before I started noticing something was wrong

YouTube - The Young Turks is Not a News Program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAAP_jJ8F9s)

I just put this video together. Clips from the past few weeks of their show. It highlights why these buffoons are not a news program.

EDIT:: fixed audio levels

evilfunnystuff
11-07-2009, 05:05 AM
awesome vid only criticism would be the volume could be leveled out a little better

paulitics
11-07-2009, 05:09 AM
I want to know how they make their money.

NYgs23
11-07-2009, 05:34 AM
There's no such thing as an "unbiased news organization." It's a fantasy. Humans are naturally biased. All they end up doing by pretending to be unbiased is to hide their biases under a phony facade. In the 19th century, newspapers were openly partisan. Only with the Progressive Era did people begin chasing this rainbow of "pure nonpartisan news." Yet another bad fruit of the Progressive Era.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-07-2009, 05:42 AM
awesome vid only criticism would be the volume could be leveled out a little better

Thanks. Im reuploading it with the audio fixed.

Flash
11-07-2009, 05:45 AM
This video has been removed by the user.

Strange. I just watched it a minute ago.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-07-2009, 05:48 AM
This video has been removed by the user.

Strange. I just watched it a minute ago.

I reuploaded it with the audio levels fixed

ClayTrainor
11-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Well done MRS!

These Young Turk guys have a lot of fans. I find myself encountering them fairly often, and i wouldn't mind starting to send them this clip.

SimpleName
11-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Love the racism piece at the end. In the words of Greg Gutfeld, "The most tolerant people in the world are the most intolerant." It is constantly about race to these people. Hence the now frequent use of "racism" claims.

revolutionisnow
11-07-2009, 09:37 AM

Youtube Partners make money per view/clicks on ads. Anyone that has a banner above their videos is a partner. What I can't believe is the nerve of them to name themselves after the bunch that committed the Armenian genocide. http://www.armenian-genocide.org/young_turks.html

http://i38.tinypic.com/16k9y5j.jpg

Liberty Star
11-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Nice, this looks like better news than some of CNN pimps coverage.

I checked out their website and other clips, certainly seem better than MSM even if they don't claim to be a news organization like Fuax views, CNN and MSNBC do. Don't know what this Limbaugh clip dispute's detail but Limbaugh has lost lot of credibility ever since he suggested during Bush regime days that funding Iraqi peoples liberation would help US economy and freedoms. He's been alarmingly naive or untruthful, I'm not going to sweat over his credibility being attacked on some other issue.

hugolp
11-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Internet is the worse thing that could happen for lyers. Great video. I use to be subscribed to them too, but I unsubscribed because I was getting tired of the guy bullshiting.

Liberty Star
11-07-2009, 10:33 AM
BTW, wasn't that news producer in green T in the clip above fired with her cameramen by fox news? Although I dodn't see what the cameramen did wrong.

WClint
11-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah the young jerks. I thought only lefty progressives listened to there show anyway... Commies

Good video. Wow they have 10 or more videos in the news and politics section. I am going to spam it in the comments...

The Young Turks is Not a News Program
watch?v=JAAP_jJ8F9s

Danke
11-07-2009, 10:57 AM
"They aren't a news organization, they are a liberal talk show. Never have they claimed to be a news organization. Good job, douchebag."
xxdarksliderxx

lol

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-07-2009, 12:31 PM
lol at the comments. Even if you buy the premise that these guys are just a talk show, and the entire first half of the video is moot, you can not avoid the fact that TYT still hasnt figured out which of the Limbaugh clips were made up, long after CNN and others have recanted; and Cenk is a huge racist.

andrewh817
There's no such thing as an "unbiased news organization." It's a fantasy. Humans are naturally biased. All they end up doing by pretending to be unbiased is to hide their biases under a phony facade. In the 19th century, newspapers were openly partisan. Only with the Progressive Era did people begin chasing this rainbow of "pure nonpartisan news." Yet another bad fruit of the Progressive Era.

But if a "news organization" only states the facts and lets you think about the causes and effects on your own then it is considerably less biased than say 99% of news outlets today.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
"They aren't a news organization, they are a liberal talk show. Never have they claimed to be a news organization. Good job, douchebag."
xxdarksliderxx

lol

From their site:

We don't have a monopoly on the truth, but we can be as honest with you as possible. We are going to bring you the news without putting on any pretenses. We're going to give you what we got.

andrewh817
11-07-2009, 12:34 PM
TYT are like the liberal Glenn Beck. They occasionally get the facts straight but they never put the blame for the problems they discuss where it belongs because most of their audience is supportive of "good" government programs.

Endgame
11-07-2009, 04:31 PM

Soros.

paulim
11-07-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2176239/Crypto-Jews-The-Young-Turks-Who-Were-They-2

emazur
11-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Nice job. I don't consider myself a fan but they sometimes have good interviews that are worth watching

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Im making one on their coverage of the recent election. Its hilarious the stuff he says. Ill be finished later tonight.

Bman
11-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Im making one on their coverage of the recent election. Its hilarious the stuff he says. Ill be finished later tonight.

Way to go MRS. These guys need to be exposed. Frankly, I can't stand those guys.

WClint
11-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Yesterday I spammed around 10 videos, almost all receiving a comment.

plus44fan36
they never said they were jackass.. They cover stories they wanna cover and they say they're liberal from the get go... YOU FAIL

hellfireyoutoob
So what? Fox News is "officially" a news program, but we all know just cause the shits brown, doesn't mean its chocolate..

fingerprint211b
They never claimed they were.

Fangtorn
You think?

klard
Can you define a "News Program" and tell me whether there are any? TYT is a commentary program which involves putting forth a news story and the commentator providing his take on it. Therefor reporting the "News" is an element of commentary.

mynameisbobtoo
Really..... Wow captain Obvious along with your preceptive powers can you also fly?

samosx21
it will officially be. and it is.

ivan134
no one ever said it was a news program

ChooseLiberty
11-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Sabbateans/ Doenmeh/ Frankists

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2176239/Crypto-Jews-The-Young-Turks-Who-Were-They-2

ClayTrainor
11-08-2009, 11:45 PM

Looking forward to it!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-09-2009, 01:28 AM
I notice that the entire argument against the video is the fucking TITLE.

Nowhere have I seen anyone try to defend anything the man actually says in the video.

Just finished the election video. Its rendering now. Should have it up in a few minutes

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
YouTube - The Young Turks is Not News: 2009 Elections (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_BC4tnX6qY)

Imperial
11-09-2009, 02:15 AM
One of your segments is factually misleading. Obviously the one quote from Rush about slavery he had actually said. Then you ran a clip from CNN from ANOTHER quote. Finally it ends with TYT guy saying "it wasn't a real quote, but we will pretend it was b/c he would have said it."

That last quote I just said? That was him mocking I think it was Rush or Beck, who had said that about a fake lead someone had given them before.

Don't make a segment with some good things and then destroying its entire validity by making false claims.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-09-2009, 02:25 AM
One of your segments is factually misleading. Obviously the one quote from Rush about slavery he had actually said. Then you ran a clip from CNN from ANOTHER quote. Finally it ends with TYT guy saying "it wasn't a real quote, but we will pretend it was b/c he would have said it."

That last quote I just said? That was him mocking I think it was Rush or Beck, who had said that about a fake lead someone had given them before.

Don't make a segment with some good things and then destroying its entire validity by making false claims.

Cenk said that EVERY SINGLE clip was direct quotes from Limbaugh. And he "has no idea what quotes Limbaugh was talking about".

They then showed a series of clips they took from a CNN segment, with the very first clip obviously NOT a direct quote from Limbaugh. Within days, CNN and other news outlets figured out the quote could not be verified, and recanted.

However, over a week later, Cenk still had no idea what clip Rush was talking about that was madeup.

The entire point of that segment was to point out two things. 1, Cenk said they had audio of every clip they just played, not just someone reading out the quote; but that is not true. The very first clip they played was not audio, but someone reading out an alleged quote. 2, Even after all the other news outlets confirmed that the quote was bogus, Cenk still didnt even know which quote was in question.

revolutionary8
11-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Thanks for posting MRSB (you sound like a disease)
I unsubscribed and de friended tyt.
Disgusting.
ps, I think Limbaugh is disgusting. ;)

WClint
11-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Guys start spamming TYT (you cant write links in comments) so try this...

The Young Turks is Not a News Program
watch?v=JAAP_jJ8F9s
The Young Turks is Not News: 2009 Elections
watch?v=J_BC4tnX6qY

paulitics
11-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Soros.

link?

WClint
11-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Some more comments.

###
BGDPPL
they have quite openly stated that they are a liberal news channel, that means they report the news and will most likly have a liberal bias towards their reporting

they are very open about it

however, fox news pretends to be "fair and balanced" but time and time again they show themself to be completely in the side of the republicans and a very right wing supporting orginisation

TYT and FOX are both bias

but TYT admits it, FOX lies
###
BenjaminFranklin2u
So?
###
BenjaminFranklin2u
Thanks for spamming, now I down vote every one of your videos.

###
niczzcin
no one is making you watch the show so stop spreading your goddamn spam.

###
Zeldarulah
Indeed, and they don't claim to be.
###
dangerouslytalented
They are a news commentary program. They say so themselves.
###
e105b5
@president, we know, they admit their bias and are akin to an opinion slot on a news station. As with FOX you would have to be mentally retarded to not figure that one out.
It is beneficial to get news from several different sources and to hear different people's thoughts on the matter.
###
zet168
Naw, really? It's called a talk show.

####

For any liberal viewer video I post this comment.
LiberalViewer Deliberately Distorts the Facts, Part 1
watch?v=ZbgIU1rkC-k
Part 2
watch?v=clfU4bC79aI
Part 3
watch?v=D7oRTZNM6YM
Part 4
watch?v=_48daWhczGY
Part 5
watch?v=i9GvSA-8J3M
Part 6
watch?v=AemKfqeV--Y

Imperial
11-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Cenk said that EVERY SINGLE clip was direct quotes from Limbaugh. And he "has no idea what quotes Limbaugh was talking about".

They then showed a series of clips they took from a CNN segment, with the very first clip obviously NOT a direct quote from Limbaugh. Within days, CNN and other news outlets figured out the quote could not be verified, and recanted.

However, over a week later, Cenk still had no idea what clip Rush was talking about that was madeup.

The entire point of that segment was to point out two things. 1, Cenk said they had audio of every clip they just played, not just someone reading out the quote; but that is not true. The very first clip they played was not audio, but someone reading out an alleged quote. 2, Even after all the other news outlets confirmed that the quote was bogus, Cenk still didnt even know which quote was in question.

Oh ok, fair enough good sir.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Racism.
YouTube - The Young Turks is Not News: Racism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-r-gFuGcuk)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Fear Mongering
YouTube - The Young Turks is Not News: Fear Mongering (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d2B-4_YKYk)

Promontorium
11-23-2009, 03:49 AM
A HERO HAS EMERGED. Fantastic work.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-25-2009, 12:44 PM
This moron thought Glenn Beck's move to Fox News would be a failure. How does one manage to be this wrong and expect to be taken seriously?
YouTube - The Young Turks Is Not News: Ratings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfXaEsUCcHM)