PDA

View Full Version : The GOP will soon disappear as a party, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) claimed last night

bobbyw24
11-06-2009, 09:11 PM
GOP is 'disintegrating,' Grayson says
By Eric Zimmermann - 11/05/09 12:53 PM ET

The GOP will soon disappear as a party, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) claimed last night.

Speaking to HLN's Joy Behar, Grayson said the battle between moderates and conservative Republicans will send the party off a cliff.

"I think we're witnessing the disintegration of a major political party," Grayson said. "Something that happens only about once a century."

Grayson pointed to the showdown in NY-23 as evidence that "the tea baggers are no longer obeying the corporate pay masters."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/66553-gop-is-disintegrating-grayson-says

WorldonaString
11-06-2009, 09:15 PM
It could really go in so many directions at this point. We just have to make sure that Liberty's voice is in the forefront no matter what title the party of choice adopts. As Dr. Paul says, a true revolution influences all parties.

klamath
11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Yep that party just soundly defeated two democratic governors. Deader than hell, for sure. What a joke of a congressmen.

WClint
11-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Obama ratings are plummeting despite having a press that act noting more than cheerleaders. There attempt to boycott Glen Beck backfired, there attempt to stifle debate by shutting down Fox News also backfired. Unemployment is skyrocketing (10%). Obama can not get his radical agenda passed despite having a super majority. Obama didnt end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but expanded them. The democrats just lost the last two elections... and yet Baghdad Bob err I mean Alan Grayson says the GOP is dying. The best thing of all is the "progressives" eat this up like candy. Hoho

This is the guy you want to champion.
He calls you knuckle dragging neanderthals. Teabaggers
Hes a big government statist
Skip to about 3:10
They have nothing other to offer ordinary people. You ask what people want for health care, jobs, for education the republicans have no answers for any of it, they are the party of no and no doesnt cut it anymore. So whats the solution, more government, throw the tax payers money at it...

YouTube - Rep. Alan Grayson: "The teabaggers are no longer obeying their corporate paymasters..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToDQiPv_cls)

The best of from Baghdad Bob

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

"My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all"

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die"

"I blame Al-Jazeera - they are marketing for the Americans!"

"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."

'We have destroyed 2 tanks, fighter planes, 2 helicopters and their shovels - We have driven them back."

"Surrender or be burned in their tanks."

"No I am not scared and neither should you be!"

"We have them surrounded in their tanks"

Britain "is not worth an old shoe."
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljoke-iraqinfominister.htm

HOLLYWOOD
11-06-2009, 09:55 PM
The sooner we get rid of all this Party Parity... the sooner the Partisan Zombie Minion crap stops.

Liberal/Progressive will be the party rename to: GIMME/TAKE party

Dieseler
11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
We are gonna take over the Republican party whether Lindsey likes it or not... Just like we took over Fox News Channel today for a whole hour!
Like Dr. Paul said today, take the party or forget it, there's no leeway for a third party yet.
We should beat them at their own game, incrementally.

Athan
11-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Meh, I prefer Libertarians anyway.

Liberty Star
11-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I tend to agree, especially if GOP kept sending tax payers money and employment funds to civilians and contractors in Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel-arab territories while economy at home is in crisis. It's almost a certainity if GOP did not annul its marriage with neocons in a hurry.

Dems won't gain more support though, they got plenty of dumbos and crooks of their own - it's going to be a new 3rd party that will gain momentum. There is enough discontent with both major parties that a well organized, grass roots led 3rd party can become the most powerful force in Washington within 4-8 years. I hope Libertarians would lead such a movement and won't remain held hostage to R & D exploits and their dirty game played on their field. A 3rd party option is sort of playing "dirty" to become the king maker in Washington quickly but current playing field controlled by corrupt interests and professional politicians makes it hard for genuinely sincere people to rise through the system and gain power to influence any meaningful change.

Andrew-Austin
11-06-2009, 11:39 PM
"I think we're witnessing the disintegration of a major political party," Grayson said. "Something that happens only about once a century."

I think we're witnessing the collapse of an empire, and its all thanks to douchebags like you Grayson.

This guy opens his mouth all the time, we don't have to make a thread every time he does just to hear partisan crap. I don't even give a shit about the Republican party, this kind of stuff is just annoying.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-06-2009, 11:57 PM
The sooner we get rid of all this Party Parity... the sooner the Partisan Zombie Minion crap stops.

Liberal/Progressive will be the party rename to: GIMME/TAKE party

Actually, if we are to have a two party system, and if we have to have the Democrats....the effectual names should be the Party of Tyranny, and the Party of Liberty (inasmuch as I wish it was so).

Ninja Homer
11-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Hes probably right, and instead of taking advantage of a creating a third party you see us here talking about changing the GOP when its a sinking ship.

But the GOP isn't a sinking ship... it's a big ol' aircraft carrier. The problem is that the crew in charge for the last however many years have been mentally retarded and the ship has been floating around in circles with its anchor down while they fire at anything that moves. We snuck up on them in the Ron Paul submarine, and now we're taking it over. Once we have control, we'll have the Libertarian and Constitution party's battleships to add to the armada.

OK, gotta break away from the metaphor. :D The reason it's easier in the long run to take over the GOP is because the rules are set up for the GOP to have a chance to win. Not so with 3rd parties. The GOP gets media coverage, they have a solid infrastructure, they have ballot access, and they get in debates. I'm sure there are more advantages I can't think of right now. One of the biggest advantages is that there are millions of people that will just vote for the person with the "R" behind their name, because that's what they've always done. Those people won't even realize that their party has been taken back from neocon control until 15 years later, if ever.

Maybe we can prove Grayson right by renaming it the Grand Liberty Party once we take over.

Bman
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
After watching that video, I really don't like Grayson. Not for his attacks on the Republican party, god knows they've dug their own grave, but for his retarded sense of what government should have its fingers in. I will say sometimes no idea, is way better than a bad idea.