PDA

View Full Version : Don't Vote for Anyone who takes Lobbyist Money...

Working Poor
11-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Is this possible?

fahayek
11-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Is this possible?

Just don't vote.:)

dannno
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Well Ron Paul accepts money from anyone, he'd take money from lobbyists, and I welcome lobbyists to give him money.

But lobbyists don't give Ron Paul money because he follows the Constitution.

tangent4ronpaul
11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't believe Kucinich accepts lobbyist money either.

-t

dannno
11-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Obama had a lot of talk about not giving lobbyists positions in his cabinet, etc.. now his cabinet is full of a bunch of lobbyists.

The Constitution is a much better way to rate your representatives than whether they take lobbyist money.

Dieseler
11-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Is this possible?

Just don't vote.:)

:D
What a mess we are in...

Working Poor
11-06-2009, 06:50 PM
What a mess we are in...

erowe1
11-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Is this possible?

I believe that John Hostettler, who was a Congressman from Indiana who was defeated in 2006, flat out refused all lobbyist donations in all of the 6 or so times he ran for Congress.

Athan
11-06-2009, 11:25 PM
DO VOTE for someone who takes lobbyist money and still votes against their interests and votes for non-interventionism. Who cares if they take their money and fucks them over anyway? I don't.

Liberty Star
11-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Absolutely.
Those who take big "donations" from these lobbies end up being their sluts.

dizi24
11-07-2009, 03:51 AM
I see zero wrong with accepting lobbyist political contributions. I won't vote for someone who changes votes based on contributions, but that's a separate issue.

If the gun lobbyists want to hand Dr. Paul money that helps him get elected because he has never voted against gun rights, what's the big deal?

Working Poor
11-07-2009, 08:03 AM
The thing that worries me about lobbyist is the pharmaceutical companies and Monsanto because they have so much control over our health and food. I don't like it. I guess these are the lobbyist that I don't want to see controlling politics.

danny987
11-07-2009, 10:43 AM
anyone who thinks lobbyist are bad...

C4L is a lobbying organization

erowe1
11-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Liberty Star
11-07-2009, 12:11 PM
The thing that worries me about lobbyist is the pharmaceutical companies and Monsanto because they have so much control over our health and food. I don't like it. I guess these are the lobbyist that I don't want to see controlling politics.

Big Pharma and Big Food lobbies certainly have some politicians in their pockets to get policies pushed that may not be best for the health of the people.

Other lobbying groups that have caused great damage to our economic and social well being are lobbies like AIPAC and CUFI. We have many domestic poisons in our political system causing damage but much of the recent damage to our overall well being has been done by foreign bodies. In any case, many of these lobbies are into buying politicians and are no good.

Working Poor
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Big Pharma and Big Food lobbies certainly have some politicians in their pockets to get policies pushed that may not be best for the health of the people.

Other lobbying groups that have caused great damage to our economic and social well being are lobbies like AIPAC and CUFI. We have many domestic poisons in our political system causing damage but much of the recent damage to our overall well being has been done by foreign bodies. In any case, many of these lobbies are into buying politicians and are no good.

that's what I am talking about if I was talking