PDA

View Full Version : List of State House Candidates

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Conservative majority numbers: negative numbers indicate how many office holders are needed to win majority, positive numbers indicate current standing majority.

Alabama
Alaska
American Samoa
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Florida
Georgia
Guam
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana

Bills:

10th - Passed
FFA - Passed

Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina - House -8 Senate -6

Bills:

10th - In House
FFA - Under Consideration

Candidates:

Confidential Website Donate District 41
Glen Bradley Website (http://nchouse2010.glenbradley.net/) Donate (http://www.glenbradley.net/donate/toGlen10.html) District 49
Eric Smith Website (http://www.erichsmith.com/) Donate District 65
Jared Fuller Website (http://fullerfreedom.com/) Donate District 72

Hot Issues:

Redistricting. Mel Watt, CD-12

North Dakota
Northern Marianas Islands
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee

Bills:

10th - In House
FFA - Passed

Texas

Bills:

10th - In House
FFA - In House

Candidates:

Leo Berman Website Donate District 06

Utah
Vermont

Candidates:

Dominic Etli Website (http://www.etli2010.com/) Donate - State Senate

Virginia
Virgin Islands
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

LittleLightShining
11-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Vermont-- Dominic Etli (no website yet but info here (http://wikibin.org/articles/dominic-etli.html))

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Vermont-- Dominic Etli (no website yet but info here (http://wikibin.org/articles/dominic-etli.html))

added!

LittleLightShining
11-06-2009, 05:54 PM
added!

Thanks, I just found out yesterday and I am THRILLED. He's one of the original group of Ron Paul supporters in the VT network. The info on that site is slightly outdated but I wanted to give you something.

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2009, 06:03 PM
wow! fastest sticky I've ever seen!

I'd love to set up some kind of matrix, State House candidates crossed with 10th Amendment and FFA action.

LLS -- can you look up how close you are to a conservative majority? I'm thinking I should also put a number of how many ppl we need to secure the majorities we need to push these agendas...

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2009, 06:30 PM
OK, the real impetus behind the States campaign (from a national perspective) will be 10th Amendment State Sovereignty and Firearms Freedom Acts. Once we have a majority of States adopting these two bills, Constitutionalist reform will be a MUCH EASIER sell on Capitol Hill.

So -- if you are providing this thread with candidates, do please

(all of these can be added later, so please do not neglect to put someone's name here if you do not have any of the following yet. Go ahead and give me the name and their site, but then follow up with as much of the data below as you can)

1) provide the State House District they are running for
2) provide status on 10th Amendment and FFA legislation
3) provide the number of people needed or in surplus of a majority caucus.

Thanks!

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Some folks can get legal, licensed software at crazy cheap - I would imagine especially amongst the RPF community. I can't. So rather than ask for money with which to buy this software, I am asking for a gift-in-kind donation of certain software...

Campaign Request for gift-in-kind:

software -

FileMaker Pro MacOS
Dreamweaver MacOS

a million thanks if you have that kind of source. It does have to actually be legal, of course.

Also, if anybody can send a google wave invite, I will be forever in your debt. :D

LittleLightShining
11-07-2009, 06:37 AM
wow! fastest sticky I've ever seen!

I'd love to set up some kind of matrix, State House candidates crossed with 10th Amendment and FFA action.

LLS -- can you look up how close you are to a conservative majority? I'm thinking I should also put a number of how many ppl we need to secure the majorities we need to push these agendas...

Gunny, you might cry when you see this number. we have 48 Republicans in a House of 150. 5 Progressives, 2 Independents and 95 Democrats. The Senate has 30 seats-- 7 Republicans, 1 Progressive and 22 Democrats.

Dominic is running for Barre City Ward-1 and is firmly in support of State Sovereignty. I haven't spoken to him about FFA but I'm sure from what I've seen and heard he would support that. As you can see from the numbers above, though, this is not going to be easy. I know I'm committed to it, though.

GunnyFreedom
11-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Gunny, you might cry when you see this number. we have 48 Republicans in a House of 150. 5 Progressives, 2 Independents and 95 Democrats. The Senate has 30 seats-- 7 Republicans, 1 Progressive and 22 Democrats.

Dominic is running for Barre City Ward-1 and is firmly in support of State Sovereignty. I haven't spoken to him about FFA but I'm sure from what I've seen and heard he would support that. As you can see from the numbers above, though, this is not going to be easy. I know I'm committed to it, though.

Nothing wrong with being an advocate, even if you are an awful lonely advocate. :)

Specifically in the case of Vermont, however, the numbers might wait until we have a better idea not of party, but of who does vs who does not support 10th and FFA. I'm using the numbers as a rough guideline for "this is how many we need to have a fighting chance at a 10th and a FFA" more than a party thing, and I am guessing that in Vermont, those numbers will not closely reflect party composition.

LittleLightShining
11-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Nothing wrong with being an advocate, even if you are an awful lonely advocate. :)

Specifically in the case of Vermont, however, the numbers might wait until we have a better idea not of party, but of who does vs who does not support 10th and FFA. I'm using the numbers as a rough guideline for "this is how many we need to have a fighting chance at a 10th and a FFA" more than a party thing, and I am guessing that in Vermont, those numbers will not closely reflect party composition.
I do feel awful lonely. As far as I know, and I hope I'm wrong, I am the only one taking this thing to legislators and trying to have conversations with them.

The reality is that the sitting Republicans are gunshy right now. They aren't interested in introducing something that they don't think will have widespread support both within and outside of the party. I think it has huge potential for that kind of support but we need 2 or 3 dynamic co-sponsors. A GOP/Progressive sponsorship would be ideal.

I brought copies of the resolution the VT C4L drafted to a town committee meeting this morning and I was pretty shocked that some of the "leaders" had just a very vague idea of what I was talking about when I handed them the resolution. That is if they had any idea at all.

I'm thinking that I may actually get more support on this from Progressives since they are very tied into the local, organic agriculture scene here. My next step is to talk to some different typically left groups that I've worked with in the past to see if they can get behind it.

rancher89
11-11-2009, 09:58 AM
This is not helping, please get the word out, letter writing, fax and email sending is fine but DO NOT waste your money and put our organization in legal hot water by doing what is proposed in the following letter. The fight is to take back the NC House and Senate so we Republicans will not be redistricted out of having any chance to field any candidates at all. In other words, we are in serious peril of more of our districts being gerrymandered to the tune of the 12th. The redistricting will happen in 2011, so the 2010 election is key and that is the battle we are fighting. When we win, we can take the National seats, with the support of our NC Legislators behind us.

-----Thanks for your help in this matter. PS Gunny, great thread, a certain NC ex candidate for Congress is planning on running for US House or Senate, but hasn't announced....look for it soon.:D:)

Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 3:58 AM
To: <snip>
Subject: The gutting of HR 1207 - The people are gonna be heard from

Dear <snip>;
My name is Joseph H***, I am just an ordinary American. As a concerned American,I am distressed by the actions of Congressman Mel Watt who represents the 12th district down your way. In particular, his role as Chairman of the Monetary Policy Subcommittee. Against the wishes of his employers (the people) he has sided with Fed and is working to gut substantial audit provisions from Dr.Ron Paul's HR 1207.

The bill Congressman Watt has sent to the full Financial Services Committee contains no audit of the Fed's monetary policy-making authority or transparency of the Fed's secret agreements with foreign central banks.

*Without these provisions, a so-called "audit" of the Fed would be worthless.*

Well I for one as well as millions of other Americans have had enough of this nonsense. Therefore I am taking action, and the most effective way I know of is to contact his constituents and make them aware the rest of America are watching, and we are not impressed. I am getting together a campaign called "Lend me your ears". The plan is to "voice blast" the district with a short informative message about what Congressman Mel Watt is engaged in. I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and have registered with National Do Not Call Registry as an exempt organization. So everything is legal, and I like others are going to enforce our rights.

Now if it makes a difference, I hope so, but all eyes are upon your state and your citizens. As you know the importance of this issue affects the very heart of America and future generations. And if our actions get a person such as Mel Watt come 2010 *FIRED, all *the better. Enough is Enough!

I will be soliciting donations from patriots via the internet. Trying to keep costs down to a minimum, and maximum bang for the buck. As you are well aware, many Americans are really hurting, too many. So I am using any means possible to minimize the cost.

This brings me to the purpose for my contacting you. The largest upfront expense is for phone lists, especially being such a precise target as your 12th district.
Now I know all political parties participate in 'get out the vote' soliciting by phone. I, America, our children, grandchildren, and future generations that follow make this request of you. Can you furnish any phone lists for the 12th district of North Carolina. If you can be of assistance I will make any and all assurances in any
form you desire stating the only purposes such assistance would be used for
is what has been discussed above.

Sincerely Yours;
Joseph H***

Mr. H***:

Thank you for your intentions, sir, but I am going to ask you to not follow through with your plans. Our district has a strategic election plan, and your plan is in direct conflict with ours. We appreciate your interest and your good will, but such phone blasts will not serve to help our plan and will actually harm our down ticket candidates.

BRCA 2002, commonly referred to as McCain-Feingold, prohibits our working with you and your organization in such a way. Straight-up and forward; it is illegal. We would be taking anonymous in-kind donations that would put you, your organization, your donors, me and my leadership team and our entire organization in sure legal peril and subject to prosecution.

Since you did not identify your organization or the area of the country from which you are operating, I can only assume that you are unfamiliar with the demographics of the NC 12th Congressional District. This is arguably one of the three most gerrymandered districts in the nation. The combined Republican and Independent vote, even with an extraordinarily heavy turnout, is not enough to overcome the Democrat vote. Since the 2000 redistricting, our best election result has been a 33% vote share. It is unlikely that we could reach beyond a 40% vote share.

Additionally, the funds required to reach that voter percentage in a sure no-win election, would take away from available funds for our local candidates. We have an extraordinarily strong slate of local candidates that we are preparing for a tough election cycle.

Mr. H***, one reason Rep Watt makes these votes is because he is in an absolutely safe district. He knows it. The current Speaker of the House knows it. The White House knows it. Our leadership team knows it.

Rather than focus your energy on an unwinnable race, I would ask your group to identify those swing districts, contact their district chairmen, and inquire about how your group can help to win those races.

Thank you for your inquiry and for your earnest intentions.

Regards,

LittleLightShining
11-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Gunny, Dominic Etli has decided to run for state Senate instead of House. We have a very strong Republican candidate for the seat Dominic was considering.

GunnyFreedom
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
OK LLS, I'll be updating this, and Pat - yes in deed, I know all about that candidate of which you speak. I have been chomping at the bit to announce here on RPF's but want to wait until it's official

Pericles
11-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Like this?

TX06 Leo Berman

[/URL]

[URL="http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR76"] (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR66)

HCR 66 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR66)Author:BermanLast Action: 03/02/2009 H Referred to State AffairsCaption:Memorializing Congress in defense of the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, affirming the right of states to nullify acts of Congress, executive orders, and judicial orders, and asserting that any act, executive order, or judicial order that assumes a power not delegated to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution and which diminishes the liberty of any state or citizen shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution.

HCR 76 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR76)Author:Berman | Flynn | Anderson | Riddle | Brown, BettyLast Action: 03/02/2009 H Referred to State AffairsCaption:Memorializing Congress in defense of the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, affirming the right of states to nullify acts of Congress, executive orders, and judicial orders, and calling for the creation of a joint committee to communicate with other states about the limits of federal power.
HB 1863 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HB1863)Author:Berman | Kleinschmidt | Bonnen | Weber | FlynnLast Action: 05/05/2009 H Committee report sent to CalendarsCaption:Relating to exempting the intrastate manufacture of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition from federal regulation.

GunnyFreedom
11-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Like this?

TX06 Leo Berman

[/URL]

[URL="http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR76"] (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR66)

HCR 66 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR66)Author:BermanLast Action: 03/02/2009 H Referred to State AffairsCaption:Memorializing Congress in defense of the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, affirming the right of states to nullify acts of Congress, executive orders, and judicial orders, and asserting that any act, executive order, or judicial order that assumes a power not delegated to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution and which diminishes the liberty of any state or citizen shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution.

HCR 76 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HCR76)Author:Berman | Flynn | Anderson | Riddle | Brown, BettyLast Action: 03/02/2009 H Referred to State AffairsCaption:Memorializing Congress in defense of the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, affirming the right of states to nullify acts of Congress, executive orders, and judicial orders, and calling for the creation of a joint committee to communicate with other states about the limits of federal power.
HB 1863 (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HB1863)Author:Berman | Kleinschmidt | Bonnen | Weber | FlynnLast Action: 05/05/2009 H Committee report sent to CalendarsCaption:Relating to exempting the intrastate manufacture of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition from federal regulation.

JUST like that!

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2009, 02:16 AM
two more candidates added to NC, one of whom is and must remain confidential for the time being. Sorry folks. :)

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2009, 02:19 AM
I do feel awful lonely. As far as I know, and I hope I'm wrong, I am the only one taking this thing to legislators and trying to have conversations with them.

The reality is that the sitting Republicans are gunshy right now. They aren't interested in introducing something that they don't think will have widespread support both within and outside of the party. I think it has huge potential for that kind of support but we need 2 or 3 dynamic co-sponsors. A GOP/Progressive sponsorship would be ideal.

I brought copies of the resolution the VT C4L drafted to a town committee meeting this morning and I was pretty shocked that some of the "leaders" had just a very vague idea of what I was talking about when I handed them the resolution. That is if they had any idea at all.

I'm thinking that I may actually get more support on this from Progressives since they are very tied into the local, organic agriculture scene here. My next step is to talk to some different typically left groups that I've worked with in the past to see if they can get behind it.

Exactly, just because you have a serious and unassailable Dem majority does not mean y'all can't get behind a 10th and an FFA. :) In NC there is intense division and you couldn't get the Dems behind something like that unless a Rep introduces it and it turns out to be wildly popular. Other states are not like ours.

MR2Fast2Catch
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
What is this FFA bill(s) you are discussing in this thread?

As for AZ, the State House has passed a resolution claiming state sovereignty through the 10th amendment, but the State Senate has yet to vote on it.

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2009, 02:04 PM
What is this FFA bill(s) you are discussing in this thread?

As for AZ, the State House has passed a resolution claiming state sovereignty through the 10th amendment, but the State Senate has yet to vote on it.

An FFA, or Firearms Freedom Act is the logical "next step" for those states who assert sovereignty via a 10th Amendment resolution. It applies the 10th Amendment position to firearms, and basically denies the Fed.Gov from regulating intrastate firearms transactions, with the caveat that such weapons are produced in the state, and therefore never fall under interstate commerce at all. It's an incremental step, but the first post sovereignty bill act that has real on-the-ground consequences.

MR2Fast2Catch
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
An FFA, or Firearms Freedom Act is the logical "next step" for those states who assert sovereignty via a 10th Amendment resolution. It applies the 10th Amendment position to firearms, and basically denies the Fed.Gov from regulating intrastate firearms transactions, with the caveat that such weapons are produced in the state, and therefore never fall under interstate commerce at all. It's an incremental step, but the first post sovereignty bill act that has real on-the-ground consequences.

That's frickin awesome. I've never heard of that FFA before.

Dominic Etli
11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for putting my info up. I'll have to make my way around the forum and get to know you all a lot better.

I do have a website up: www.etli2010.com

I sincerely appreciate everything you are doing. I can assure you I feel very passionately about constitutional issues and how they affect state governance.

GunnyFreedom
11-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks for putting my info up. I'll have to make my way around the forum and get to know you all a lot better.

I do have a website up: www.etli2010.com

I sincerely appreciate everything you are doing. I can assure you I feel very passionately about constitutional issues and how they affect state governance.

Done!

Looking forward to it Dominic! :) Just so you know, we have a whole spectrum of folk here, but liberty and the Constitution is our common thread holding us together. :D

ronpaulhawaii
12-08-2009, 02:38 AM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181182976804&index=1

Derek Johnson
01-20-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.texastribune.org/election-2010/tx-house/

Me, Derek Johnson - L - district 57 vs inc Jim Dunnam - D - and fellow challenger Marva Beck - R. I'm Austro-Libertarian, simple as that. Also District 56 has a Ron Pauler, Neill Snider, who is also running as a Libertarian.

Website soon!

CaseyJones
01-20-2010, 05:46 PM
oh thanks on the heads up on Snider I am in 56

[edit] hey what you think of Timothy Delasandro?

Derek Johnson
01-20-2010, 06:55 PM

Like me, he was in the Navy, I like that. I like most of his positions actually, and I think that in general he is ok, a better man than slick Chet, hands down. But he will not answer some key questions central to free markets, liberty, and pure capitalism. This is an e-mail exchange I had with him. He never answered my questions, fyi.

RE: Narcotics Enforcement‏
Sent: Thu 12/24/09 8:24 PM
To: timothy@timothydelasandro.com

Right off page 6 of Bastiat's "The Law" (linked to on your front page):

"The law is the organization of the natural rights of lawful defense. It is the substitution of a common force individual forces. And this common force is to do only what the individual forces have a natural and lawful right to do: protect the persons, liberties, and properties; to maintain the right of each, and to cause justice to reign over us all."

Do you agree with this or not?

If so why is my father-in-law, who was the Falls County, TX sheriff's deputy of 19 years sniffed for narcotics when he goes through check points in Austin, Oklahoma, etc? Why do "conservative values" include the colossal spending of money (like 50 billion per year) on narcotics, alcohol, and tobacco prohibition which amount to the rise of organized crime, and crime related to those who engage in crime to sustain an artifically (govenment molestation induced) high priced narcotics habit? Should we or should we not learn anything from the alcohol prohibition period of the 1920s? Should we tie up our cops, court appointed lawyers, judges, dockets, probation officers, parole officers, TDCJ related medical staff, and taxpayer money with this nonsensical CRAP?! Of course, lawyers sure don't mind more laws, and more potential defense cases, do they Tim? Will you square with Bastiat or will you make excuses to justify ignoring his wisdom? Same with Rothbard and Mises.

Rothbard, "For A New Liberty" page 136:

"The case for outlawing any product or activity is essentially the same twofold argument we have seen used to justify the compulsory commitment of mental patients: it will harm the person involved, or it will lead that person to commit crimes against others. It is curious that the general-and justified-horror of drugs has led the mass of the public to an irrational enthisiamfor outlawing them....while narcotics are undoubtedly more harmfuil than is alcohol, the latter (prohibition) can also be harmful, and outlawing something because it may harm the user leads straight down the logical garden path to our totalitarian cage, there people are prhibited from eating candy and are forced to eat yogurt "for their own good."

And Ludwig von Mises himself writes in "The Foundations of Liberal Policy", and Liberal in his era had just about the opposite meaning as it is commonly understood today, as you probably know.

"No words need be wasted over the fact that all these narcotics are harmful. The question whether even a small quantity of alcohol is harmful or whether the harm results only from the abuse of alcoholic beverages is not at issue here. It is an established fact that alcoholism, cocainism, and morphinism are deadly enemies of life, of health, and of the capacity for work and enjoyment; and a utilitarian must therefore consider them as vices. But this is far from demonstrating that the authorities must interpose to suppress these vices by commercial prohibitions, nor is it by any means evident that such intervention on the part of the government is really capable of suppressing them or that, even if this end could be attained, it might not therewith open up a Pandora's box of other dangers, no less mischievous than alcoholism and morphinism."

So then, 1. Where are you on narcotics prohibition? This could have been cleared up if you simply would have answered the first time I asked you. If you support prohibition, I need to know this, please.

2. Where are you on policing the world in ANY manner other than the manner in which our founders gave congressional authority in Article I, section 8? I need to know this, please.

3. Where are you on constitutional sound (uncounterfeitable specie) money and 100% banking? I need to know this, as well, please.

Thanks shipmate, carry on!
Derek

......Ridicule has become a substitute for Reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: cattleprods@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Narcotics Enforcement
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:18:59 +0000

I said none of those things.

You assume. Too much.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:53:40 +0000
To: <timothy@timothydelasandro.com>
Subject: RE: Narcotics Enforcement

Sir,

If your definition of a conservative is spending $50,000,000,000 dollars of public money per year on something (narcotics enforecment and prosecution) that gets worse and more corrupt with state action, you are therefore not a "fiscal conservative", rather, you are a "neo conservative", and statist. Please re-read Bastiat's "The Law" (which I see on your webpage) or anything about this issue from, say, Rothbard or Mises.

The next thing out of your I'm the conservative" mouth might be some sort of justification of spending approximately $1,000,000,000,000 in Iraq and Afgan without proper congressional authority of Article I section 8 as originally intended, but ignored since WWII.

Please remove you adverts from Daily Paul because you clearly are not fiscally conservative, you are "neo conservative", and people the go to Daily Paul like me, may be fooled into thinking that you are a fiscal conservative.

Merry Christmas to you shipmate!
Derek Johnson
Libertarian State Rep District 57 challenger

......Ridicule has become a substitute for Reason.

> To: cattleprods@hotmail.com
> Subject: Narcotics Enforcement
> From: timothy@timothydelasandro.com
> Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:20:52 +0000
>
> Sir,
>
> You poked at my conservative values in your recent libertarian comment about narcotics.
>
> You are a libertarian. I am not. I'm a conservative.
>
> Being a conservative and not a libertarian does not call into question my conservative values.
>
> And no sir. I have not answered your questions here. I've merely pointed out the inherent contradiction of your assertion that being a conservative and not a libertarian does't make me a good conservative.
>
> Merry Christmas,
> Timothy Delasandro
> THE Conservative Republican in CD17
> Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

This was his response to me CCing a Waco friend, Floyd:

YouTube - Texas D.A. Indicted On Corruption! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkHtcNXhcA&feature=player_embedded)

Floyd, to follow up on your previous e-mail promoting potential congressman Tim Delasandro...

This video (please follow the link above) is one indication of the outcome of (often Rico) laws and other legal property confiscation laws relating to the seizure of narcotics related crime. The taxpayers in Texas alone spend billions per year for the legal pursuit, enforcement, state appointed attornies, medical treatment and incarceration of citizens that consume and/or traffic narcotics.

What is the result?

More nasty narcotics, more narcotic crime, more organized large scale narcotics dealers, more crooked cops, more crooked judges, more crooked DAs, more mayhem across the border to the south...for starters.

How is all this "conservative" then? Are we improving society, individual liberty, and property rights by forcing the taxpayers with threat of violence if they don't fund narcotics prohibition (pay taxes) to the tune of about $50,000,000,000 (national) per year:

http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

for this nonsense that reeks in corruption at all levels?

And when will "I'm the conservative candidate" Timothy Delasandro justify narcotics prohibition or fight narcotics prohibition on his web page? Feel free to chain forward this e-mail to 10 people. Also, feel free to ask "I'm the conservative" Tim Delasandro.

Derek Johnson
Libertarian State Rep District 57 challenger

Also, I asked Tim a few times previously where he stood on

1. Banking
2. Morality legislation
3. World intervention

He chose to ignore, and he continues to do so. All he needs to say is:

1. We should support the Fed because ___
2. We should continue to fight the war on drugs because ___
3. We must win the war on terror because ____

and it is settled.

marc1888
01-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Who is the confidential in NC41... :)

Conservative majority numbers: negative numbers indicate how many office holders are needed to win majority, positive numbers indicate current standing majority.

Alabama
Alaska
American Samoa
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Florida
Georgia
Guam
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana

Bills:

10th - Passed
FFA - Passed

Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina - House -8 Senate -6

Bills:

10th - In House
FFA - Under Consideration

Candidates:

Confidential Website Donate District 41
Glen Bradley Website (http://nchouse2010.glenbradley.net/) Donate (http://www.glenbradley.net/donate/toGlen10.html) District 49
Eric Smith Website (http://www.erichsmith.com/) Donate District 65
Jared Fuller Website (http://fullerfreedom.com/) Donate District 72

Hot Issues:

Redistricting. Mel Watt, CD-12

North Dakota
Northern Marianas Islands
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee

Bills:

10th - In House
FFA - Passed

Texas

Bills:

10th - In House
FFA - In House

Candidates:

Leo Berman Website Donate District 06

Utah
Vermont

Candidates:

Dominic Etli Website (http://www.etli2010.com/) Donate - State Senate

Virginia
Virgin Islands
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Who is the confidential in NC41... :)

he's THINKING about running, but we haven't quite managed to convince him yet. Tho if you live in NC41, you probably voted for him in 2008 for US Congress vs David Price..... Dun wanna advertise his name until he decides to go for it tho.

Mahkato
01-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I personally endorse Dave Kruse for Minnesota House of Representatives 23B (http://www.kruseforhouse.com/).

marc1888
01-25-2010, 09:44 AM
he's THINKING about running, but we haven't quite managed to convince him yet. Tho if you live in NC41, you probably voted for him in 2008 for US Congress vs David Price..... Dun wanna advertise his name until he decides to go for it tho.

You just did :)

rancher89
01-25-2010, 10:12 AM
BTW, Gunny, I just heard from Jared, he won't be running. YoY and YAL and Students for Liberty are taking up most of his time and considering the success he's having in those efforts, I agree with him. We may garner some very outstanding future candidates out of these organizations.....

2) By focusing our attention on Mel Watt, we have encouraged him to spend more money in the 12th on downticket seats. This money is coming from outside the state and is spilling into other hotly contested seats in the state. Unavoidable I suppose, but it's the truth. We have only two, TWO NC House seats in the 12th that we have a chance to win back, now we are being outspent 3 to one and it hasn't even gotten heated yet.

Let me repeat this, one more time. Mel Watt cannot be defeated, there are 6 or 8 Dems running against him and one libertarian Dem. It would take a black woman rock star or better to defeat him as a DEM and it just isn't going to happen. The district was created to elect him.........and they like him.

3) we have two liberty candidates running for US Congressional District offices:
Thomas Hill (LP) is running against Kissel in District 8
http://thomasbhill2010.com/
Jim Taylor (R) is running against Coble in District 6- I don't have a website for him yet. Jim Taylor was a stealth Ron Paul NC Delegate to the '08 MN Convention.

Agorism
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Hostettler has an online signatures form, which may be illegal.

He might not end up on the ballot. ...just saying.

GunnyFreedom
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
BTW, Gunny, I just heard from Jared, he won't be running. YoY and YAL and Students for Liberty are taking up most of his time and considering the success he's having in those efforts, I agree with him. We may garner some very outstanding future candidates out of these organizations.....

2) By focusing our attention on Mel Watt, we have encouraged him to spend more money in the 12th on downticket seats. This money is coming from outside the state and is spilling into other hotly contested seats in the state. Unavoidable I suppose, but it's the truth. We have only two, TWO NC House seats in the 12th that we have a chance to win back, now we are being outspent 3 to one and it hasn't even gotten heated yet.

Let me repeat this, one more time. Mel Watt cannot be defeated, there are 6 or 8 Dems running against him and one libertarian Dem. It would take a black woman rock star or better to defeat him as a DEM and it just isn't going to happen. The district was created to elect him.........and they like him.

3) we have two liberty candidates running for US Congressional District offices:
Thomas Hill (LP) is running against Kissel in District 8
http://thomasbhill2010.com/
Jim Taylor (R) is running against Coble in District 6- I don't have a website for him yet. Jim Taylor was a stealth Ron Paul NC Delegate to the '08 MN Convention.

Frank Deitrich in the 2nd

Derek Johnson
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM

I went to a Texas District 17 congressional "debate-forum" on Sat and saw two I(s) and 5-6 R(s)and no Chet Edwards.

Tim Delasandro, although not one to answer e-mails was by far the best of the Republican candidates. The two independents were fine, but they didn't seem to offer up much along the way of a gold standard, abolishing property taxes, seceding, a humble foreign policy etc etc.

I did talk to Dave McIntyre (www.votemcintyre.com/) afterwards about a gold standard. Namely, since he and I have both sworn to defend the US Constitution, I asked him what his thoughts were on: Clause 3 [No Coinage]; Clause 4 [No Paper Money]; Clause 5 [No Legal Tender but Gold, Silver] etc.

Both what he said during the course of the debate, and what he said in response to constitutional money was very sad. Dave is a big government advocate like none other. RINO comes to mind. After an extrememly heated exchange, he finally raised his hands and said, "look, I'm trying to win, and what you are suggesting is a playbook that spells defeat."

So I told him that he didn't take his constitutional oath too seriously, and he looked at me like he wanted to kill me.

I spoke to Tim Delasandro (http://www.timothyforcongress.com/), and he's a Navy vet like myself, an Art I sec 8 stickler...but not quite there on narco prohibition and paper money vs 100% banking on a gold/specie standard. Although Tim tried to defend the "great" moneterist Friedman, after I poked hole after hole in Friedman's 3-4% annual inflation "idea", Tim at least admitted to considering the specie based monetary ideas of Hazlitt and Mises over Friedman's semi-socialist nonsense and supporting the "audit" of the Fed.

Tim has some learning to do, but he's pretty sharp and he is still far better than the other Republicans vying for Chet's seat. He's studying Say and Bastiat...a good sign. I hope he turns to Hazlitt, Heyek, Rothbard, and MISES.

Finally, the Libertarian candidate didn't show up. That really pisses me off.

Publius13
02-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Vijay Kumar should be added to the list of candidates for the House of Representatives, running for Tennessee's 5th District. He is a true Constitutional candidate for liberty and a strong proponent of people's and state's rights. Here is his web site:

http://www.kumarforcongress.com

His is a total grassroots campaign, and I wish I knew how to get more support for him or get a money bomb going or something.

ronpaulhawaii
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Looks like we may be soon adding David Gay to the list:

Friends,

Because you have all been so supportive of our message as activists, I have decided that you should all be the first to know that tomorrow I will be withdrawing my name from the 2010 congressional race because a new opportunity has opened up where our efforts could prove successful.

An article was published in the Sunday paper seeking serious challenges to the entrenched political establishment in Albany. http://blog.syracuse.com/opinion/2010/01/who_will_step_up_state_legisla.html

I have spoken to the Chairman of my county GOP and he has assured me that I have his support to run for my state assembly district. Rather than spin our wheels as a minor contender for the GOP endorsement, we can lead the pack in this new race.

More importantly, we can win and change the local attitude toward politics in general, paving the way for future statewide and even national influence from our message of liberty. And don't forget state sovereignty and nullification of unconstitutional federal laws. I promise to lead the charge to defend my state from further overreaching from Washington.

There will likely be an article in tomorrow's paper regarding this switch. I hope we can work together to make the most of this new opportunity. However, I will understand completely if you are disappointed a little. Don't worry, I will still remain involved in national constitutional activism and we will make this entire country, not just Washington, change forever.

For Freedom,

David Andrew Gay

Fozz
02-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Vijay Kumar should be added to the list of candidates for the House of Representatives, running for Tennessee's 5th District. He is a true Constitutional candidate for liberty and a strong proponent of people's and state's rights. Here is his web site:

http://www.kumarforcongress.com

His is a total grassroots campaign, and I wish I knew how to get more support for him or get a money bomb going or something.

Absolutely not. Vijay Kumar is a despicable neocon.

enrique
03-17-2010, 09:41 PM
My name is Eric Larson and I am a local anesthesiologist and former media director for the Ron Paul meetup in Grand Rapids, MI. I am running for the 72nd state house district which is solidly Republican and an open seat. I serve on the Kent County GOP Executive Committee and have a lot of enthusiastic volunteers and ability to raise essential funds for an effective campaign. Please visit my website (http://www.ericlarson2010.com), facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-Larson/237929759141) me, and/or follow me on twitter(EricLLarson).

Yours in liberty,
Eric Larson, MD

JosephTheLibertarian
03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Is Torch running this year? :/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RJQT84?tag=anarchojose08-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B002RJQT84&adid=1FQSFGYYWFNTN7EPCPMA&

jacque
04-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Glen Bradley ₢ Glen Bradley is asking for our help.

Glen is a Constitutionalist running for the NC State House with a ten year plan to restore the Constitution nationwide, starting in the State Houses. He believes that our allies in Congress, such as BJ Lawson and Rand Paul can only be in the minority (regardless of party) in 2011 and 2013, and that they they will need the pressure coming from the several States in order to accomplish our agenda in Washington.

Glen also lives in the same state as the arch-enemy of "Audit The Fed" Mel Watt. Without people like Glen helping to redraw the voting districts in 2011, Mel Watt will remain invulnerable, and a huge obstacle to our goals.

Glen is asking for as many people as possible to come together and make small contributions of $25 on April 19th. The "Midnight Ride" moneybomb is to be modeled after Paul Revere's minuteman network, where everyone to whom this message reaches is asked to tell five people, and ask each one of them to each tell five more, and that everyone involved give the small sum of $25 apiece on April 19th.

A huge number of people making small contributions can fund his entire campaign for the whole year, in one shot alone. Call it "The Shot Heard 'Round The World."

Glen is a serious, principled, and impassioned Constitutionalist who will fight until his dying breath to see the restoration of the Constitutional Order in the United States, and his journey begins in the North Carolina State House.

Please, tell five to tell five, donate $25 to Glen Bradley on April 19th, 2010 at http://glenbradley.net/

GunnyFreedom
04-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Glen Bradley ₢ Glen Bradley is asking for our help.

Glen is a Constitutionalist running for the NC State House with a ten year plan to restore the Constitution nationwide, starting in the State Houses. He believes that our allies in Congress, such as BJ Lawson and Rand Paul can only be in the minority (regardless of party) in 2011 and 2013, and that they they will need the pressure coming from the several States in order to accomplish our agenda in Washington.

Glen also lives in the same state as the arch-enemy of "Audit The Fed" Mel Watt. Without people like Glen helping to redraw the voting districts in 2011, Mel Watt will remain invulnerable, and a huge obstacle to our goals.

Glen is asking for as many people as possible to come together and make small contributions of $25 on April 19th. The "Midnight Ride" moneybomb is to be modeled after Paul Revere's minuteman network, where everyone to whom this message reaches is asked to tell five people, and ask each one of them to each tell five more, and that everyone involved give the small sum of $25 apiece on April 19th.

A huge number of people making small contributions can fund his entire campaign for the whole year, in one shot alone. Call it "The Shot Heard 'Round The World."

Glen is a serious, principled, and impassioned Constitutionalist who will fight until his dying breath to see the restoration of the Constitutional Order in the United States, and his journey begins in the North Carolina State House.

Please, tell five to tell five, donate $25 to Glen Bradley on April 19th, 2010 at http://glenbradley.net/ (http://glenbradley.net/)

Thank you!

Ladies and gentlemen, this was the appeal we sent out on Facebook. Perhaps if we ask nicely, we may get a forum e-mail this time? :crossing fingers:

libertybrewcity
05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
please include Terri McCormick
http://terrimccormickforcongress.com/

WI-8

erowe1
05-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Let's add Eric Larson to this list:
http://www.ericlarson2010.com/

AuH2O
05-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Kent Sorenson in Iowa

Bob Marshall in Virginia

AuH2O
05-28-2010, 09:26 AM
please include Terri McCormick
http://terrimccormickforcongress.com/

WI-8

Not a State House Candidate

Todd
05-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Bob Marshall in Virginia

Marshall is GREAT!
Wish he was in my district.

LittleLightShining
05-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Kristin Sohlstrom, Barre City, VT Washington 3-2 district

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2010, 09:46 AM
sorry folks, I need to put these in one list and modify the OP :( I'm slacking on the job. It will happen so help me.

NH4RonPaul
06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
We have a lot of good candidates in NH where we need to kick the bums out. They will be posting a list of no income tax pledgers over at CNHT pretty soon I hear.

ronpaulhawaii
06-16-2010, 12:14 AM
sitting here with this guy right now. Seems solid.

http://electjamesgreen.com/theissues/

Go Grassroots!

libertybrewcity
06-23-2010, 01:12 AM
sitting here with this guy right now. Seems solid.

http://electjamesgreen.com/theissues/

Go Grassroots!

cool, seems solid. i like when i see lots of amendments on an issues page.