PDA

View Full Version : December 16th -- Promo ideas

Dionysus
11-06-2009, 04:17 PM
We need synergy, and we need to utilize each of our respective talents. Can we brainstorm here?
Let's think of some good ideas to implement.

hueylong
11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
First -- the basics.

- Posting links to the Moneybomb page (going up this weekend) on all likely Paul friendly websites, message boards, etc.

- Making sure the various people who have Paul related email lists notify their people -- preferably, earlier, with a request to generate more prospect emails.

- Short, intelligent posts on various media websites talking about the Moneybomb and tying it to the original (Boston) Tea Party.

- Urging the official campaign to produce even one 30 second commercial that people can see, and give money for airing will help. Giving for something specific is far more effective than just general giving.

If we can accomplish that on a wide scale basis, combined with Rand's campaign sending out one (or more) emails about the date -- he should be able to have a major day. Not sure if he can hit $1M in a day -- but we can all sure try!

Executing the basic moves properly should get us 90% of the way there.

Dionysus
11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
One of the things I'd really like to do is make a YouTube vid. I'm computer literate and I've never made one or uploaded one. I think many people here are might be in the same boat. If anyone thinks they have a latent talent for energizing people with a multimedia video, by all means they should start thinking about it. I have a digital camera too, so I can create some footage if necessary. If we got a bunch of good vids, we could make a kick butt playlist.

Like hueylong mentions, social networking is a good one. I confess that I could make a better effort here.

Another idea would be fliers that people could print out to post at their local college campuses, tying it in to the 2008 campaign for people who don't pay as much attention, but who might participate.

hueylong
11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
We just need to make sure that the messages in anything we produce actually help Rand's cause.