PDA

View Full Version : Illegal immigration may threaten health vote {Hispanic Caucus Makes Demands]

bobbyw24
11-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Illegal immigration may threaten health vote
By Jared Allen - 11/05/09 07:38 PM ET

The illegal immigration issue is emerging as the biggest threat to passing healthcare reform in the House.

Congressional Hispanics have threatened to vote against the bill because of a last-minute threat from within the Democratic Caucus to bolster the House bill’s immigration restrictions to match those included in the Senate Finance bill.

And they’re also fighting President Barack Obama, the original sponsor of the language prohibiting illegal immigrants from accessing the public health insurance exchange.

On Thursday afternoon, four leaders of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC) traveled to the White House to meet with Obama on behalf of the entire group.

Officially, the purpose of their meeting was to talk to the president about healthcare.

But CHC members, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the group’s message was clear: Drop your insistence on preventing illegal immigrants from accessing the public exchange, even if their only option is to pay for insurance plans entirely out of their own pockets.

A public exchange is a nationwide pool of health insurance providers that would facilitate access to coverage for individuals and employers.

Obama has promoted the concept as a key component of healthcare reform.

The House healthcare bill already bars illegal immigrants from enrolling in the public option and from receiving subsidies for health plans.

But if the final Senate healthcare bill contains the exchange-prohibition provision that’s in the Finance Committee bill, the provision could also be included in a conference report.

And CHC members have said publicly that they would have a very difficult time voting for any healthcare bill that contained such a provision.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:lxtdLkDfXbTWXM:http://www.swflaminutemen.com/images/IllegalWarningSign.gif

Continue

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/66649-immigration-threatens-vote

phill4paul
11-06-2009, 06:05 AM
They'll keep making changes/concessions right up until the vote. The ink won't even be dry.

bobbyw24
11-06-2009, 06:28 AM
GOP lawmaker claims protests may force delay to Saturday vote
By Michael O'Brien - 11/05/09 04:42 PM ET

The thousands of protesters on Capitol Hill Thursday may force a delay in Saturday's planned healthcare vote, one Republican congressman claimed.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) said that rumors were circulating among Republicans on Capitol Hill that the GOP-led "House call" had shaken some Democratic votes for the legislation, forcing a delay in the measure.

"We hope that it had the effect that we wanted it to, which was to let some of the members of the Congress who were on the fence on this thing or are in marginal districts know that they are facing a backlash from the people of this country," Franks said in an interview on a conservative radio affiliate. "I think it did that."

"I'm even hearing some very vague rumors that they're considering calling off the vote Saturday night," Franks add, cautioning that the news was just a rumor.

"I think that some of those votes are tentative, and if that develops in light of the last elections we've had recently and this massive rally of people in Washington...and if that makes enough people nervous, they may be forced to call the vote off," the Arizona conservative added. "And that would be such a

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/66605-gop-lawmaker-claims-protests-may-force-delay-to-saturday-vote

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-06-2009, 07:24 AM
They'll keep making changes/concessions right up until the vote. The ink won't even be dry.

They even make illegal changes afterwards as seen in the Patriot Act. Rule of Law...Ha! What a mockery. I'm sure Nero is happy wherever he rests.

apropos
11-06-2009, 07:41 AM
The concessions have been made. Illegals are in. De facto free healthcare for the world.

The Associated Press has just reported that, after the Hispanic Caucus confronted Pres. Obama at the White House this afternoon, the chair of the House Rules Committee indicated she is giving the Caucus what it wants:

"Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) indicated that the House will have to vote on a bill that allows illegal aliens to use the new healthcare "exchange" and that does not require verification to keep illegal aliens out of the other parts of the the proposed new federal healthcare system."

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/node/4919

TheConstitutionLives
11-06-2009, 09:24 AM
It appears most threads started by Bobby are race related. Jews, Blacks, Hispanics - its all he seeems to focus on.

Dieseler
11-06-2009, 09:33 AM
It appears most threads started by Bobby are race related. Jews, Blacks, Hispanics - its all he seeems to focus on.

I would disagree.

Dunedain
11-06-2009, 12:09 PM

He is pointing out the racism inherent in Hispanics voting for their racial interest in our congress against the benefit of the American people. He is pointing out that huge numbers of people unentitled to the fruits of MY labor, will be sucking at my teat.

If you are in favor of this I'd be interested in hearing your arugment, but your ad hominem attacks, not so much.

LittleLightShining
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM

:confused:

Bobby brings the news.

This is an important development. If only the patriot community had as much pull :(

bobbyw24
11-06-2009, 12:33 PM

Do a thread search and pay attention. I focus on the economy and sound money. I do post a lot of political stuff but I think that race/religion should be NON issues.

It is the Fed Gov't that makes race an issue and tries to divide us.

I look at Americans as Americans and not as hyphenated groups.

I wish that Americans would ignore the superficial thing we call race.

I post a lot of articles showing how the state classifies us and tired to divide us along racial/ethnic lines.

If you love liberty, I like you--regardless of your race/skin color or which God/god you worship or don't worship.

bobbyw24
11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
CongressDaily reports that House leaders are likely to leave tighter restrictions for illegal aliens out of the healthcare bill, as demanded by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. The House Rules Committee is set to meet mid-afternoon today to vote on a rule that will govern the nature of debate on the health care package.
Since amendments are not likely to be allowed on the House floor, outside of the Democrat’s manager’s amendment and the Republican’s alternative reform package, the Rules Committee will have the final say on whether illegal aliens will have health care access under the House Democrat’s bill.

As it stand now, the House bill would allow illegal aliens to use the new healthcare "exchange" and would not require verification to keep illegal aliens out of the other parts of the proposed federal healthcare system. Since the House Democratic leaders' position conflicts with that of President Obama and the Senate, the matter may have to be reconciled in conference committee if the Rules Committee does not change course. . . .

http://ow.ly/zVmf

BlackTerrel
11-06-2009, 12:54 PM
He is pointing out the racism inherent in Hispanics voting for their racial interest in our congress against the benefit of the American people. He is pointing out that huge numbers of people unentitled to the fruits of MY labor, will be sucking at my teat.

Ok - that just sounds disgusting.

YouTube - Peter Breast Feeding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IcmsuA-t7c)