PDA

View Full Version : Did Ft Hood shooting hurt Nov 5 fundraiser?

tangent4ronpaul
11-05-2009, 11:26 PM
~120K doesn't seem like a resounding success...

Schiff got 60K
Paul 20K
Everyone else less...

Didn't see anyone on here hyping it... :(

-t

Kotin
11-05-2009, 11:28 PM
it was never going to be alot.. multi candidate bombs will never work..

gave to schiff and rand.. but not as much for either as if there had been two separate bombs for both of them..

however, the shooting did make me miss The Office, and for that I am pissed.

devil21
11-05-2009, 11:35 PM
I dont think it hurt. I donated but I didn't donate much this time, plus it was split between candidates. Just not a good time financially for a lot of people with the holidays coming up.

ronpaulhawaii
11-06-2009, 12:24 AM
IMO - it is a good angle that could use development. One multi-bomb per quarter might be acceptable. I see side benefits to this type bomb that some don't seem to see... Would be a good thing to hash out.

The tragedy at Ft. Hood definitely brought us to a standstill. The issues at the heart of this slaughter, veterans affairs, are near and dear to both Adam and Tina; the lines went nuts. Tina had a few interviews, including BBC...

News was coming in fast, xenophobia became a concern...

It's been a busy day...

Luckily, I'm from Hawaii people still have time

https://kokesh.netboots.net/contribute

:D

Austin
11-06-2009, 12:54 AM
No. The trends were lackluster before the shooting. I'm sure it didn't help, but the fate of the multi-candidate moneybomb was sealed long before today.

ronpaulhawaii
11-06-2009, 02:12 AM
No. The trends were lackluster before the shooting. I'm sure it didn't help, but the fate of the multi-candidate moneybomb was sealed long before today.

It really depends on expectations and objectives. The 10K for K10 is very welcomed, and appreciated. :cool:

The excitement really impressed the former GOP County Chairmen - now State Candidate, who stopped by, ended up staying for a while, and going with Tina to an event for the Mayor of Santa Fe, where she introduced him around. Had a great side bar about Neo-conservativism...

What I am trying to say is that, IMO, if we want to win this country back from concentrated power, we need to recognize that the source of that power, the sleeping giant, and lead it to where you want to take it. A congressional seat in New Mexico and a senate seat in Kentucky just ain't gonna cut it. We need to be hitting at them everywhere.

Bill Hunt, Glen Bradley, Deb Medina, Jake Town, Jaynee Garamond, etc., etc.

Our opponents have an endless supply of "money", what they don't have is an endless supply of people. By focusing on a few key races that priceless resource is left largely untapped. The sleeping giant stirs when people around them are "doing" things; we need to lead the sleeping giant.

I can imagine many defenses of this type fundraiser

The experience gained by all of us is critical.

People are complaining about the uprising being hijacked... That is because we are not out there in strong enough numbers. We will only have ourselves to blame for failure.

The best way to do lead the sleeping giant is word of mouth; the grapvine, the coconut wireless...

We are left with just asking everyone to help us online, and I'm sorry to say, that's more net-roots than grassroots.

And, with all due respect, I hope people are out in the trenches before naysaying

Taken to its logical conclusion, all politics is personal

:)

Dionysus
11-06-2009, 02:20 AM
No, the nuclear bomb that ended the Earth hurt the fundraiser. Don't worry, we've already seeded another planet with human DNA, which should presently evolve, develop civilization and technology, and then we're going to have the BEST MONEY BOMB EVER!

Oyate
11-06-2009, 02:46 AM
I do not watch the MSM so I am still unclear on whom is shooting whom and for what reason and why wan't in invited?

I'm pretty good at shooting people. If there's any shooting to be done I should be called.

Oyate
11-06-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm also pretty good at missing people. I pretend to shoot at them but secretly I hope they will escape.

Oyate
11-06-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm like "get out of here people, this is no place for you"

tangent4ronpaul
11-06-2009, 02:53 AM
No, the nuclear bomb that ended the Earth hurt the fundraiser. Don't worry, we've already seeded another planet with human DNA, which should presently evolve, develop civilization and technology, and then we're going to have the BEST MONEY BOMB EVER!

LOL!

hmmm... maybe your onto something here... :)

-t

Zippyjuan
11-06-2009, 01:23 PM
People are dead and you are worried about how it will effect your fundraising?

tangent4ronpaul
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
People are dead and you are worried about how it will effect your fundraising?

People die every day - most are never mentioned in the news. No, I'm wondering how the media circus about this event and the distraction that resulted effected fundraising.

Do you have any idea how many people died yesterday in this country? The number would be a tad over 13... say in the 3-4 digits range...

-t