PDA

View Full Version : We are such lemmings...

tangent4ronpaul
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
We've had bad days in Iraq and Afghanistan were we lost 43 soldiers, here we only lost 13. So someone cracked and went on a shooting spree on US soil. Some of those "bad days" overseas were largely because of "friendly fire" - oops! A bad day over there gets at best a 5 minute media blerb. Why are the networks saturated with this? 13 people probably died in TX today in auto accidents.

Look at how many threads have been started on this. How many posts and views. Don't think we are lemmings? - look at how we respond.

With the exception of one person that has a relative stationed on that base - how does this effect any of us?

Oh, there have been brief mentions of a couple of other things - that kid that was locked in a box. The ape that seems on his way to becoming a PETA poster child.

What about the climate change legislation that made it's way out of committee today? - not a single thread.

The action in DC we've talked about some.

The patriot act provisions being shot down in committee - not a thread.

Just a depressing observation... we're as media driven as those we call sheeple...

-t

Anti Federalist
11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
We've had bad days in Iraq and Afghanistan were we lost 43 soldiers, here we only lost 13. So someone cracked and went on a shooting spree on US soil. Some of those "bad days" overseas were largely because of "friendly fire" - oops! A bad day over there gets at best a 5 minute media blerb. Why are the networks saturated with this? 13 people probably died in TX today in auto accidents.

Look at how many threads have been started on this. How many posts and views. Don't think we are lemmings? - look at how we respond.

With the exception of one person that has a relative stationed on that base - how does this effect any of us?

Oh, there have been brief mentions of a couple of other things - that kid that was locked in a box. The ape that seems on his way to becoming a PETA poster child.

What about the climate change legislation that made it's way out of committee today? - not a single thread.

The action in DC we've talked about some.

The patriot act provisions being shot down in committee - not a thread.

Just a depressing observation... we're as media driven as those we call sheeple...

-t

Very effective isn't it?

I repeat rule one:

Organic or "real" terrorism = little to zero media coverage.

False flag state sponsored terror "events" = non stop media blitz.

DirtMcGirt
11-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Tangent- some good points;
1st off my thoughts and prayers go out to the families that were involved. Secondly I can't wait to see how Hannity and the neocons try to spin this entire story.

BlackTerrel
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM

That is absurd logic. A member of the US military shooting other members of the US military is newsworthy, at least in the immediate aftermath.

sevin
11-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I can't wait to see how Hannity and the neocons try to spin this entire story.

I think, perhaps, you missed the point of the OP.

Liberty Star
11-05-2009, 10:53 PM
We are media driven absolutely. Iraq's was/is sanitized coverage, but this is hard to hide for media so they will try to push whatever their angle is.

Just like when media had said few years ago about Iraqi freedom that "we fight them over there so we don't have to over here".