PDA

View Full Version : [WTF] Shooter is alive

MikeStanart
11-05-2009, 08:32 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/soldiers-killed-fort-hood-shooting/story?id=9007938

angelatc
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I just saw that in another thread...I googled it and couldn't find it and was just headed back here to ask.

WTF is right.

MikeStanart
11-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm really pulling for the guy. He'll get to explain to the nation why he did what he did; and then he'll get to rot in a cold dark cell for the rest of his miserable life.

wizardwatson
11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm really pulling for the guy. He'll get to explain to the nation why he did what he did; and then he'll get to rot in a cold dark cell for the rest of his miserable life.

Well, he's under UCMJ so might not be public.

MikeStanart
11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Well, he's under UCMJ so might not be public.

I didn't even think about that.

pcosmar
11-05-2009, 08:48 PM
This story has changed so many times, he may not even be the shooter. :confused:

Lets see what they say next.

3 shooters
2 shooters
shootings in 2 locations
one suspect in custody and one shooting it out with SWAT

2 suspects on the run
one shooter dead

Oops shooter is not dead

waiting the next installment

Anyone smell anything?? :(.

DirtMcGirt
11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
This is said to be one of his blog postings-

NidalHasan scribbled: There was a grenade thrown amongs a group of American soldiers. One of the soldiers, feeling that it was to late for everyone to flee jumped on the grave with the intention of saving his comrades. Indeed he saved them. He inentionally took his life (suicide) for a noble cause i.e. saving the lives of his soldier. To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause. Scholars have paralled this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers. If one suicide bomber can kill 100 enemy soldiers because they were caught off guard that would be considered a strategic victory. Their intention is not to die because of some despair. The same can be said for the Kamikazees in Japan. They died (via crashing their planes into ships) to kill the enemies for the homeland. You can call them crazy i you want but their act was not one of suicide that is despised by Islam. So the scholars main point is that "IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOUR INTENTION IS THE MAIN ISSUE" and Allah (SWT) knows best.
6 p.
Martyrdom in Islam Versus Suicide Bombing

from rizkhan999 in Research, Humanities

sparebulb
11-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Six hours after the fact, they are now saying that the shooter is alive and acted alone. Looks like some folks needed to get their stories straight.

Danke
11-05-2009, 09:04 PM

Maybe, insanity defense? Though the military will probably execute him.

angelatc
11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
This is said to be one of his blog postings-

NidalHasan scribbled: There was a grenade thrown amongs a group of American soldiers. One of the soldiers, feeling that it was to late for everyone to flee jumped on the grave with the intention of saving his comrades. Indeed he saved them. He inentionally took his life (suicide) for a noble cause i.e. saving the lives of his soldier. To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause. Scholars have paralled this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers. If one suicide bomber can kill 100 enemy soldiers because they were caught off guard that would be considered a strategic victory. Their intention is not to die because of some despair. The same can be said for the Kamikazees in Japan. They died (via crashing their planes into ships) to kill the enemies for the homeland. You can call them crazy i you want but their act was not one of suicide that is despised by Islam. So the scholars main point is that "IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOUR INTENTION IS THE MAIN ISSUE" and Allah (SWT) knows best.
6 p.
Martyrdom in Islam Versus Suicide Bombing

from rizkhan999 in Research, Humanities

Not a blog - a comment: http://www.scribd.com/doc/3989813/Martyrdom-in-Islam-Versus-Suicide-Bombing

po14015
11-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I thought this was interesting:

"earned a bachelor's degree in biochemistry in 1997. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001. He did his internship, residency and a fellowship at Walter Reed."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting_suspect

Why anyone would believe anything that comes from the TV is beyond me. We may never know the real story. Think U.S.S. Liberty????????

At least he still is alive. So let's see if we ever hear him speak.

YumYum
11-05-2009, 09:30 PM
This story has changed so many times, he may not even be the shooter. :confused:

Lets see what they say next.

3 shooters
2 shooters
shootings in 2 locations
one suspect in custody and one shooting it out with SWAT

2 suspects on the run
one shooter dead

Oops shooter is not dead

waiting the next installment

Anyone smell anything?? :(.

You forgot the shooter on the grassy knoll.

pcosmar
11-05-2009, 09:33 PM
You forgot the shooter on the grassy knoll.

Didn't see that in the stories today. got a link?

RonPaulFanInGA
11-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Didn't see that in the stories today. got a link?

I think he was making a joke about your conspiratorial posting.

ghengis86
11-05-2009, 09:51 PM

i think pete is smart enough to know that and thus play along in an attempt to difuse the situation, without resorting to 'fuck off'

REDNECK WOMAN
11-05-2009, 10:08 PM
i'm really pulling for the guy. He'll get to explain to the nation why he did what he did; and then he'll get to rot in a cold dark cell for the rest of his miserable life.

without 7 virgins

FindLiberty
11-05-2009, 10:08 PM
"paging Jack Ruby, Mr. Jack Ruby please report to the garage and wait for the horn honk before you play "greet the patsy."

http://lotgk.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/lotgk-oswald.jpg?w=450

DirtMcGirt
11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
what are the odds that two major shooting incidents had ties to one university, Virginia Tech.

pcosmar
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM

Really, No Conspiracy theory here. I am just observing.
But with so many twists, turns and reversals I may have missed something.
I said earlier.

Who were the victims? Were they random? or were they targets?
It will take time before this is known. The focus is on the shooter, A Major, Educated, Vetted, and a "Eastern" name. What of the other 2 suspects.
I have questions, not assumptions.

but my nose doesn't like it.

At this point I don't know if this guy was the shooter or a victim. He may have been the target.
Or it may be that this highly trained and educated Doctor with NO combat experience was suffering from PTSD.
Hard to tell.
He was dead just a few minutes ago. :confused:

jim70769
11-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I was so suprised to hear that it was a muslim. Must not have been one of the peace loving ones

Danke
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
I was so suprised to hear that it was a muslim. Must not have been one of the peace loving ones

That was uncalled for. We have Muslim members here.

Fanatics/mentally ill/brain washed in every type of group or religion.

What were the religions of those that unleashed nukes? Muslims?

raiha
11-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks Danke...you saved me the job!

dgr
11-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Wouldn't this be considered an act of treason by a military officer.
The man is a psychatrist be knid of hard to claim insanity
AS for the news everything until a press conference is rumor, and half of what is reported after it is wrong

0zzy
11-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Wouldn't this be considered an act of treason by a military officer.
The man is a psychatrist be knid of hard to claim insanity
AS for the news everything until a press conference is rumor, and half of what is reported after it is wrong

I'm pretty sure he's under military courts too, and military punishment. much harsher than outside punishment methinks.

Bruno
11-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Really, No Conspiracy theory here. I am just observing.
But with so many twists, turns and reversals I may have missed something.
I said earlier.

At this point I don't know if this guy was the shooter or a victim. He may have been the target.
Or it may be that this highly trained and educated Doctor with NO combat experience was suffering from PTSD.
Hard to tell.
He was dead just a few minutes ago. :confused:

Good observations. The media is always so quick to report every little bit of information as if we needed to know it they second they found out about it, afraid the other networks will trump them, that they never get the story straight until much later.

Heck, I even remember a second guy they were after for days after the Oklahoma City bombing that then was said to be no longer a suspect. But I digress... ;)