PDA

View Full Version : An Illustrated History of Scientology

sevin
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Instead of bashing each other about our beliefs (or lack thereof), let's focus on something we all (I think) would enjoy bashing: scientology.

Here, then, is the illustrated history of scientology. It's about five minutes long and starts over when it's done: http://historyofscientology.ytmnd.com/

"If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." - L. Ron Hubbard (author of Dianetics, the bible of scientology)

sevin
11-06-2009, 09:45 PM
No one else feels like laughing at this cult?

Are you all a bunch of scientologists? :eek:

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

Danke
11-06-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/c/Cruise_Tom/sq-cruise-scabs-coll-dmwks.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/VINCENT-VEGA-john-travolta-462422_439_527.jpg

dannno
11-06-2009, 10:06 PM
An animated version with audio citations:

YouTube - South Park Proved Right About Scientology XENU Story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EEOMbBIO8)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I trust Liberty Eagle and MsDoodahs has sent you PMs reprimanding you for personally attacking people beliefs?

Oh, or is that just when you call out the religions (cults) they agree with?

dannno
11-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I finally realized how religion works. This is amazing. What an epiphany.

All religions teach people to live the same way. According to Tom Cruise, if somebody's car is broken down on the side of the road, a Scientologist doesn't think, they just pull over and help the person. That is their job. Because they know..

Ok, so I think we can agree that all religions teach people to live the same way generally, I believe this argument can be proven directly through religious texts. This includes Scientology. Then they tag on all of these ridiculous tails, which may or may not be true, but could ONLY be true if their God is the real God. Then the religion becomes so ingrained into people's culture that it becomes offensive not to be apart of it. Thus, actors are Scientologists.

I think one exception here could be the Bahai faith, perhaps some people here who have read into it can answer that.

YumYum
11-06-2009, 10:40 PM
A few years back a survey was done asking the world's top psychologists who help people to get out of cults: "Which cult is the most difficult to deprogram ex-members." They said "Scientology". Jehovah's witnesses were second.

TER
11-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I finally realized how religion works. This is amazing. What an epiphany.

There is no other One than the Lord Jesus Christ who fulfills this. He is the Incarnate Son of God, Who has given eternal Life. I can't comment much on the Bahai faith, but from the little I know, they worship peace and not the Prince of Peace. Peace is not an abstract condition. It is a real condition, an experiential condition and has become realized in our created world through the Second Person of the Holy Trinity in the Person of Jesus Christ. The Incarnate Word of God, who the Church has confessed for millenia: 'Christ is risen from the dead, trampling death by death, and to those in the tombs bestowing life'

The Church's response in the words of St. Paul is "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" (1 Corinthians 15:55)

There is no fear in perfect love. And there is no resurrection without Golgotha. May the Lord have mercy on us and forgive us for our sins! Glory to you Lord, glory to You!
Glory to Lord Jesus Christ!

sevin
11-07-2009, 02:12 AM
There is no other One than the Lord Jesus Christ who fulfills this.

Says you.

:D

But at least your beliefs are more realistic than those of high-ranking scientologists.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-07-2009, 02:41 AM
But at least your beliefs are more realistic than those of high-ranking scientologists.

World-wide floods, talking snakes, and a dinosaurs walking with men are more realistic beliefs than space aliens?

coyote_sprit
11-07-2009, 03:02 AM
No one else feels like laughing at this cult?

Are you all a bunch of scientologists? :eek:

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

If whoever made that honestly thinks that Scientology is the largest spy job in American history then they aren't worth listening to.

TortoiseDream
11-07-2009, 11:15 AM
no one beats the church of the universal and the triumphant.

a call to protection against rock music:

"Hail oh mighty god in the name of the Christ we call you to the mighty Hercules with the full power and release of your flame with mighty God power to descend to the planetary body. And to compeltely destroy, confound, confute, rollback, consume, and take dominion and command over the energies that have been portrayed... in these videos clips which we have seen and to all the individuals responsible for them; the fallen angels directly out of the bottomless pitt; the demons of death and hell out of the bottomless pitt; the portrayal of those fallen angels embodied, and those fallen angels who have infested the life seeds of these individuals, overshadowing them; all matrices and images of witchcraft, black magic, and torture, the rebellion of the fallen angels; all mechanical creation, all images of enslavement and imprisonment; all rage and anger of death of hell and murder and the murderer's intent; the confusion of masculine and feminine roles, all portrayal of sexual perversion including homosexuality and lesbianism; sympathy for satan and the sorrows of satan; association with the nevilin spacecraft; all perversions of the third eye through a distorted and exagerrated images; perverted movements of the body ...and breakdancing and other forms of dancing; and we especially call for the judgement in this hour in the destroying of rock music directly specifically agaisnt children through the videos that were portrayed; and working specifically through these individuals, for whom we call for the judgement of the sacred fire in this hour before the throne of almighty god."

talkingpointes
11-07-2009, 04:38 PM
World-wide floods, talking snakes, and a dinosaurs walking with men are more realistic beliefs than space aliens?

You do have a point. I wasn't aware of the dinosaurs walking with men though.

SwordOfShannarah
11-07-2009, 06:19 PM
You do have a point. I wasn't aware of the dinosaurs walking with men though.

I think he was talking about Jurassic Park.

specsaregood
11-07-2009, 06:34 PM
//

TER
11-07-2009, 06:55 PM
No, they worship the same monotheistic God as Christians. They just have a slightly different view of Christ than most/all Christians. This might be an interesting read for you, if you care to learn about their views on the subject: http://www.lvbahai.org/Some_Answered_Questions_Part2.htm

Thank you for the suggestion. I will put it on my 'things to read list'. Just briefly scanning it, it looks like an interesting read and reaffirmed my earlier statement that I know next to little about this particular faith.