PDA

View Full Version : Mind Your Tweets: The CIA Social Networking Surveillance System

Paul Revered
11-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Mind Your Tweets: The CIA Social Networking Surveillance System
From Wikileaks
Jump to: navigation, search

October 24, 2009

By Tom Burghardt (Global Research)[1]

That social networking sites and applications such as Facebook, Twitter and their competitors can facilitate communication and information sharing amongst diverse groups and individuals is by now a cliché.

It should come as no surprise then, that the secret state and the capitalist grifters whom they serve, have zeroed-in on the explosive growth of these technologies. One can be certain however, securocrats aren't tweeting their restaurant preferences or finalizing plans for after work drinks.

No, researchers on both sides of the Atlantic are busy as proverbial bees building a "total information" surveillance system, one that will, so they hope, provide police and security agencies with what they euphemistically call "actionable intelligence."

Much much more: http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Mind_Your_Tweets:_The_CIA_Social_Networking_Survei llance_System

Wikileaks is great!

squarepusher
11-05-2009, 02:57 AM
i basically assume the CIA/NSA is watching everything i type. ever since they got that homeland security act, they can tap whatever they want without a warrant

Naraku
11-05-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't have a problem with someone reading what I type here or on anything I put up publicly. I don't even have a problem with them having access to public library records as they are in fact government institutions.

However, if I have something set on private or do not reveal certain information on my page I expect it to be kept private unless they have some sort of evidence that I committed a crime.

Bruno
11-05-2009, 12:11 PM
i basically assume the CIA/NSA is watching everything i type. ever since they got that homeland security act, they can tap whatever they want without a warrant

weren't they already doing that with Ecshelon before that?

squarepusher
11-05-2009, 02:03 PM
they were, coming out publicly about monitoring social networks means in reality, they've moved onto the levels of surveillance, which we could only imagine but would probably have to be with Josh Lowry not being a real person but in fact a next gen bot.

dannno
11-05-2009, 02:10 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/3097mts.jpg