PDA

View Full Version : DailyKos: Tonight's big lesson

specsaregood
11-04-2009, 11:35 PM
So I stumbled upon this and found it interesting what was missing from this.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/11/4/800316/-Tonights-big-lesson

Tonight's big lesson

by kos
Share this on Twitter - Tonight's big lesson Tue Nov 03, 2009 at 09:32:52 PM PST
There will be much number-crunching tomorrow, but preliminary numbers (at least in Virginia) show that GOP turnout remained the same as last year, but Democratic turnout collapsed. This is a base problem, and this is what Democrats better take from tonight:

1.If you abandon Democratic principles in a bid for unnecessary "bipartisanship", you will lose votes.
2.If you water down reform in favor of Blue Dogs and their corporate benefactors, you will lose votes.
3.If you forget why you were elected -- health care, financial services, energy policy and immigration reform -- you will lose votes.
Tonight proved conclusively that we're not going to turn out just because you have a (D) next to your name, or because Obama tells us to. We'll turn out if we feel it's worth our time and effort to vote, and we'll work hard to make sure others turn out if you inspire us with bold and decisive action.

The choice is yours. Give us a reason to vote for you, or we sit home. And you aren't going to make up the margins with conservative

What is missing from his littany of issues? I can think of quite a few...I for one don't think those are the big issues for why Obama and the Democracts were elected. In fact there are some big glaring issues that got left-base riled up that they have failed to deliver on....and they are not on the list.

evilfunnystuff
11-04-2009, 11:39 PM
ending the war ?

ending fisa ?

Anti Federalist
11-04-2009, 11:40 PM
So I stumbled upon this and found it interesting what was missing from this.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/11/4/800316/-Tonights-big-lesson

What is missing from his littany of issues? I can think of quite a few...I for one don't think those are the big issues for why Obama and the Democracts were elected. In fact there are some big glaring issues that got left-base riled up that they have failed to deliver on....and they are not on the list.

The "left" base was fired up against the war, Gitmo, corporate cronyism and civil rights.

On all things Obama is much the same as Bush.

specsaregood
11-04-2009, 11:46 PM
The "left" base was fired up against the war, Gitmo, corporate cronyism and civil rights.

On all things Obama is much the same as Bush.

Yup, but out of 700 comments only a few mention any of that and Kos certainly isn't mentioning it. The anti-war, anti-patriot act left has completely disappeared, evaporated even. They won't even acknowledge it as a possible factor.

ctiger2
11-04-2009, 11:53 PM
But, but, but, I'm against the war and Gitmo. And we don't torture here... I'm bringing the troops home right now! Didn't you hear? The wars are over and we won!

http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bush-obama.jpg

The fundamentals of the economy are sound!

ClayTrainor
11-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Economics is the latest political hot topic. Everyone is an economics expert these days. No one cares about the wars any more, that's yesterdays news. :(

Anti Federalist
11-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Yup, but out of 700 comments only a few mention any of that and Kos certainly isn't mentioning it. The anti-war, anti-patriot act left has completely disappeared, evaporated even. They won't even acknowledge it as a possible factor.

Shameful isn't it?

specsaregood
11-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Shameful isn't it?

If you search my posting history one would not find a single case where I referenced the American public as sheep. Until now. It disgusts me.

Anybody know where Kucinich has been on those issues? Has he shut up now as well?

Dieseler
11-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Well that's Liberal Democrat training ground there isn't it?
I hope they continue to believe that.

paulitics
11-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I don't know how this came to be. They used to be a great site on civil liberties, with several blogs every day condemning the war on terror, and illegal spying, rendition, torture, etc. Now, all you hear is crickets chirping.

I am thinking that the moderator, or owners of the site simply ban people who criticise the president. On top of that, they may be flooded with George Soros bloggers who parrot the same talking points over and over. Most of it is bashing anyone who criticises the democrats policies as racist, dangerous, nutjobs. Complete zombies.

Does anyone on here post over there? From what I can tell, it is just an echo chamber with iron fisted moderators?

catdd
11-05-2009, 08:04 AM
"From what I can tell, it is just an echo chamber with iron fisted moderators"

Maybe they became victims of their own intolerance and have banned themselves into oblivion.

KAYA
11-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Never make the mistake that these partisan hacks stand on any kind of principle other than expanding government at all cost. The only reason these clowns were anti-war, patriot act, Gitmo, etc. was to bash bash a non-Democrat. Had all this been done under a liberal Democrat you would have heard nothing from them. That is why you hear nothing now.

MsDoodahs
11-05-2009, 09:12 AM
The disappearance of the anti war left has been very disappointing.

Revealed that they really don't have any principles and that they do place party above all else.

Sad sad sad...

Come to think of it, it's not really any different than the disappearance of the anti big gov't right that happened under Bush...those people had no principles and put party above all else, too.

Damn.

:(

paulitics
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Revealed that they really don't have any principles and that they do place party above all else.

Sad sad sad...

Come to think of it, it's not really any different than the disappearance of the anti big gov't right that happened under Bush...those people had no principles and put party above all else, too.

Damn.

Thats what happens when your ideology is logically inconsistant. There is no glue to keep it together. Both sides supposedly are afraid of government getting too big and powerful on only half the issues. Therefore any protest against government expansion or intrusion is superficial with no core philosophy, or in depth understanding, of why they believe as they do.

It makes sense after you ponder it for awhile.

Freedom 4 all
11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Ever since Obama won, Daily Kos, Keith Olbermann, MSNBC, and pretty much every other left wing news source has turned from civil libery defenders into mindless propaganda outlets. On the plus side, at least FOX and Glenn Beck are worth watching now

Bucjason
11-05-2009, 10:41 AM
They never DID care about the war.

99% of the dems voted for the damn war when we 1st decided to go. The only reason the left all turned against it was because it started to go badly , and they saw it as an issue they could score major political points.

It was all bullshit outrage to begin with...:rolleyes:

specsaregood
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
While I think this is a bad thing in the overal scope of liberty in this country; I do not think this is a bad thing for us.

I don't believe for a second that all the anti-war, anti-patriot-act left has disappeared, they have just lost their voice. The fact that an influential site/person such as Kos refuses to even acknowledge it as a problem is good for us. We and our candidates have been consistently anti-war through 2 regimes now. We must work to reach out to them. As Dr. Paul said, "the anti-war candidate always wins". Obama wasn't truly anti-war; but he won because people thought he was and he was not as publicaly pro-war as McCain.

KAYA
11-05-2009, 10:52 AM

Sad sad sad...

Damn.

I disagree, the entire Ron Paul movement and much of the Tea Party movement was based on dissatisfaction with both Bush and the Dems.

KAYA
11-05-2009, 10:53 AM
They never DID care about the war.

99% of the dems voted for the damn war when we 1st decided to go. The only reason the left all turned against it was because it started to go badly , and they saw it as an issue they could score major political points.

It was all bullshit outrage to begin with...:rolleyes:

Yep!