PDA

View Full Version : My Sister (a Nurse) Wants Me to get the H1N1 Vaccine.

sevin
11-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm too tired to think about this right now. Here's what she wrote:

The vaccine for the H1N1 was developed in the same manner as the regular flu shot. The regular flu shot takes about 6 months to grow. It covers both type A & type B influenza, based on the particular varieties they saw the previous year. The H1N1 IS type A influenza, just a variation of type A. They manufactured the H1N1 exactly the same way as the regular flu vaccine, it took them six months to develop it. That’s why there are shortages of it. They can’t make any more right away.

I discussed it with our infectious disease doctor. He highly recommended that everyone get the H1N1 vaccine. Our kids got it at the health department. They set up at Tucson Electric Park and running vaccine clinics there for the time being.

We had a patient at the hospital that was pretty interesting related to the flu. He was a 51 yr old retired lawyer that had been sick for about two days. He came in with flu like symptoms and was also diagnosed with pneumonia. He spent the day in the ER getting worse and worse. He kept requiring more and more oxygen and his fever kept going up. By the time he got to the ICU we had him on a non rebreather which is 100% oxygen and his temperature was 104.9. He rapidly went downhill and had to be intubated. Then his blood pressure dropped fast, he was 70/30. He is still in the ICU, intubated and very sick, basically fighting to stay alive.

The thing about this story is that these are the people dying from the H1N1 virus. The normally healthy adult who probably got exposed from one of their kids or at work. The problem is, they don’t get treated quick enough, and die from it. This man told me he had only been sick two days. I don’t know how true that is, he might have had cold/allergy symptoms longer than that. But the point is, he only really felt sick for two days.

So anyway, get the flu vaccine, get the H1N1 if you can.

How would you respond?

sofia
11-04-2009, 09:57 PM

How would you respond?

ya cant.

Your sister, with all due respect, is miseducated. Thats something worse than being UN educated.

You see, uneducated people know they are uneducated and are open to info.

but MIS educated people have invested their egos in the false info. Very tough to break through to them.

specsaregood
11-04-2009, 10:06 PM
//

coyote_sprit
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Tell her that if you die she reserves all rights to say, "I told you so", but you won't be getting the shot.

Working Poor
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Trust your gut it is your body

Dunedain
11-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Nurses know almost nothing about medical science. Many are more confident than real doctors and scientists about the advice they give. Ask her to name a Virology course she has taken. No? How about a Pharmacology course? None of those either, huh? Surely, you've have some real life experiences developing vaccines or doing a SINGLE scientific experiment? Nothing at all? Have you even STUCK SOMEONE WITH AN H1N1 NEEDLE? No? Only the Licensed Practical Nurses do that kind of grunt work?

Then ask "So why are you telling me what the T.V. is telling me with any authority whatsoever?" Nurse/Sister = Owned.

coyote_sprit
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM
but MIS educated people have invested their egos in the false info. Very tough to break through to them.

So would the best course of action be to put these people down?:p

Andrew-Austin
11-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Look in to the whole mercury in the vaccines thing.

Mercury in Vaccines Exceed EPA’s Maximum
(http://www.drhansen.com/?p=374)

sofia
11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
So would the best course of action be to put these people down?:p

only after all other reasonable approaches have failed would i resort to the "shock therapy" of mockery....

wd4freedom
11-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Nurses know almost nothing about medical science. Many are more confident than real doctors and scientists about the advice they give. Ask her to name a Virology course she has taken. No? How about a Pharmacology course? None of those either, huh? Surely, you've have some real life experiences developing vaccines or doing a SINGLE scientific experiment? Nothing at all? Have you even STUCK SOMEONE WITH AN H1N1 NEEDLE? No? Only the Licensed Practical Nurses do that kind of grunt work?

Then ask "So why are you telling me what the T.V. is telling me with any authority whatsoever?" Nurse/Sister = Owned.

I take offense to your comment. My wife is a BSN RN and knows a hell of a lot about medical science. She would not touch this vaccine with a 100 foot pole. Be careful what you say- your ignorance shows....

youngbuck
11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=202603

hillertexas
11-04-2009, 10:48 PM
http://www.voteronpaul.com/newsDetail.php?Swine-Flu---One-of-the-Most-Massive-Cover-ups-in-American-History-2689

sevin
11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks, guys! I wrote a reply. My sister is very much a part of the matrix, so it's hard to reach her, but here's what I came up with:

"I just don’t understand why the government have to declare a national emergency over a few thousand deaths from H1N1 when the regular flu kills tens of thousands. Not to mention the fact that most people who died from it were already in poor health. Our politicians are more corrupt than ever; there is always an ulterior motive when things like this happen. Lots of money to be made (around 2 billion in tax dollars to the vaccine-makers with the best lobbyists). I’m sick of the whole idea that government has to come to the rescue, especially when they screw up everything they do.

There was a similar swine flu scare back in ’76 and it was a total failure. More people died from the inoculations than from swine flu itself. Now I know this isn’t the exact same virus, but there are just way too many doctors out there who say not to get it. Here's just one of a multitude of articles on the subject of flu shots, complete with references: http://drtenpenny.com/the_truth_about_the_flu_Shot.aspx

I’d rather stay on the safe side as odds are I will not get it. And even if I do, it is more than likely I would not die from it."

youngbuck
11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
http://www.voteronpaul.com/newsDetail.php?Swine-Flu---One-of-the-Most-Massive-Cover-ups-in-American-History-2689 (http://www.voteronpaul.com/newsDetail.php?Swine-Flu---One-of-the-Most-Massive-Cover-ups-in-American-History-2689)

That's an awesome link. I listened to the interview w/ Dr. Blaylock on Mercola's youtube channel a couple days ago. Super interesting, and both awesome
Docs.

ClayTrainor
11-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks, guys! I wrote a reply. My sister is very much a part of the matrix, so it's hard to reach her, but here's what I came up with:

"I just don’t understand why the government have to declare a national emergency over a few thousand deaths from H1N1 when the regular flu kills tens of thousands. Not to mention the fact that most people who died from it were already in poor health. Our politicians are more corrupt than ever; there is always an ulterior motive when things like this happen. Lots of money to be made (around 2 billion in tax dollars to the vaccine-makers with the best lobbyists). I’m sick of the whole idea that government has to come to the rescue, especially when they screw up everything they do.

There was a similar swine flu scare back in ’76 and it was a total failure. More people died from the inoculations than from swine flu itself. Now I know this isn’t the exact same virus, but there are just way too many doctors out there who say not to get it. Here's just one of a multitude of articles on the subject of flu shots, complete with references: http://drtenpenny.com/the_truth_about_the_flu_Shot.aspx

I’d rather stay on the safe side as odds are I will not get it. And even if I do, it is more than likely I would not die from it."

Very well said! The response should be an interesting one, hopefully you've made here stop and think a bit. :)

dannno
11-04-2009, 10:53 PM
You could ask her why we should trust people like Lone Simonsen, Research Professor and Research Director, Department of Global Health, George Washington University, who claims that there are twice as many doses of H1N1 Vaccine currently available than we have in the entire population, yet these same people who are claiming that the vaccine is safe are now saying that there is a shortage of the vaccine. Ask her if some of these people could have lived had the vaccine been available and (in my opinion) thoroughly tested for safety.

Straight from the Council on Foreign Relations website:

http://www.cfr.org/publication/20442/session_i_of_a_council_on_foreign_relations_sympos ium_on_pandemic_influenza.html

SIMONSEN: Well, I think this is very interesting because, I mean, especially for the health-care worker example. I mean, there are many, many good reasons why health care workers should be considering immunization for their own safety but also to protect and, first, do no harm to the patients that they are treating. Having said that, does it work to mandate?

I think what would work better would be to say that there was a shortage and people tend to buy more of something that's in demand. (Laughter.) We saw that -- there was one season where, really, people lined up all night to get a flu shot.

COHEN: Right.

SIMONSEN: And I mean ---

COHEN: Well, there is shortage.

SIMONSEN: No, actually, because we thought we were going to need two doses for every adult and since we are - only one dose, so, actually, we have twice as many doses and enough for the whole population at this point, I understand.

I'm not against vaccines, but there is a lot of evidence that mercury and squalene additives can cause harm to some people and these additives are in the H1N1 vaccine.

noxagol
11-04-2009, 11:10 PM
YouTube - UPDATE ON WASHINGTON REDSKINS CHEERLEADER CRIPPLED FOR LIFE AFTER BEING VACCINATED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5F5wP8RdU)

FindLiberty
11-04-2009, 11:10 PM
How about a sub-titled Sister-to-sister talk begining with this link (part 1 of 6)...
YouTube - 1/6 BELL TOLLING for the Swine Flu (CAMPANAS por la gripe A) subtitled (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0JqQyl09zQ&feature=related)

Ninja Homer
11-04-2009, 11:19 PM
To be honest, if it were my sister, and she was a nurse, I'd probably just not get the vaccines but say that I did. Or just thank her and tell her I'll look into it, and never get them.

Gary Null has done a lot of research on vaccines, and he knows what he's talking about. There's a lot of info here: http://garynull.com/

Here's his 94 page white paper on vaccinations, backed by peer-reviewed studies. http://www.garynull.com/SwineFluWhitePaper.pdf

This video is pretty good (about 25 minutes total):
YouTube - Gary Null Speaking Out at the NYS Assembly Hearing | 10-13-2009 | (part 1 of 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3XlJB7J5-o)
YouTube - Gary Null Speaking Out at the NYS Assembly Hearing | 10-13-2009 | (part 2 of 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5OuzB9L48)
YouTube - Gary Null Speaking Out at the NYS Assembly Hearing | 10-13-2009 | (part 3 of 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgWO2yq1k8)

Anti Federalist
11-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Sept 09 Novatris FDA H1N1 vaccine insert.

http://www.fluscam.com/Vaccine_Package_Inserts_files/Novartis_A-H1N1_2009_Monvalent_VaccinePackageInsert_BasedOn19 80Approvalfor%20Fluvirin_UCM182242.pdf

Yes, neurological disorders, including GBS are a concern.

Yes, the multi dose vial does contain mercury.

axiomata
11-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Might want to add a little reassurance that you will wash your hands, sneeze into your arm, and go to the doctor if you experience any flu symptoms. She is your sister after all and is not part of any conspiracy to poison you, she just wants you to be healthy.

angelatc
11-04-2009, 11:44 PM

How would you respond?

"OK, thanks!"

Athan
11-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Tell her your doctor (Dr. Ron Paul if she asks) is already giving your medical advice on the subject.

revolutionisnow
11-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Show her these.

YouTube - Dr. Horowitz Rips Dr. Oz Apart . . . Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MerH7ZU22Qo)

YouTube - Merck Vaccine Chief Brings HIV/AIDS to America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edikv0zbAlU)

LibertyEagle
11-05-2009, 02:14 AM
"OK, thanks!"

^^^^

Good advice, right there.

silverhandorder
11-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Vaccine is not bad... forcing people to take one is bad. Guys please don't cheapen your arguments by going to a sensational side of the argument.

What you need to say is that whether it is safe or not you reserve the right to choose if you want to take it or not.

revolutionisnow
11-05-2009, 02:30 AM
That's your opinion that they aren't bad. Others have informed themselves and come to the conclusion that they are bad. Nothing about that conclusion is cheapening the argument.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Show her these.

YouTube - Dr. Horowitz Rips Dr. Oz Apart . . . Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MerH7ZU22Qo)

This video is surely compelling, but isn't this guy Horowitz a former dentist?

LibertyEagle
11-05-2009, 02:40 AM
That's your opinion that they aren't bad. Others have informed themselves and come to the conclusion that they are bad. Nothing about that conclusion is cheapening the argument.

I don't plan on getting the H1N1 vaccine, but I think it's a stretch to suggest that people should stay away from all vaccines. For example, polio. No, the vaccine was not perfect. But, to me, it was better than getting polio and being crippled the rest of your life. Have you met anyone with polio?

Baptist
11-05-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't plan on getting the H1N1 vaccine, but I think it's a stretch to suggest that people should stay away from all vaccines. For example, polio. No, the vaccine was not perfect. But, to me, it was better than getting polio and being crippled the rest of your life. Have you met anyone with polio?

No. I've met too many people with cancer to count, though. Maybe some of them got cancer from polio vaccines. After all, tens of millions of Americans were injected with cancer viruses when they took the polio vaccine.

SV40 Cancer Virus in Polio Vaccines (CBC, 1997):
Part 1 - youtube.com/watch?v=TlYyZdj-Des
Part 2 - youtube.com/watch?v=kXNiESdOV2A
Part 3 - youtube.com/watch?v=Y1iofPsai7U

silverhandorder
11-05-2009, 03:44 AM

The problem is that most people disagree. So what you are doing is putting your self in the corner. A casual observer would think hey this guy's problem was that the vaccine is not safe well to me it seems it is pretty safe and so do the majority so why does this asshole still continue to raise a fuss about it? Your answer to him would be exactly what I said. That it does not matter what this guy thinks if you deem it unsafe you should have the right to choose not to take it.

You are basically picking an argument that you will lose and will have to back paddle on to say that you don't want to take it. I understand your concern about the dangers that the vaccine represents. However when you make that your issue you are no longer in the realm of politics.

Bman
11-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Do you have any serious conditions that make it likely for you to die if you get the flu?

If not tell sis to calm down. It's all hype and serves no real practical purpose.

nobody's_hero
11-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Ask her about "herd immunity"

It's a micro-biology term, and she should know what it means.

It is kind of controversial though.

pacelli
11-05-2009, 06:34 AM

How would you respond?

How much money does the hospital lose if a patient refuses a flu shot?

Chester Copperpot
11-05-2009, 07:05 AM

This is a little off topic, but I wanted to answer this for you.. Every president since FDR has declared some sort of national emergency because it allows them (in their rationale) to suspend certain tenets of the Constitution.. (gold & silver money for example)..FDR started it with the depression and each president continues the emergency.. its a big joke..

werdd
11-05-2009, 07:11 AM
If you are OK with shooting yourself up with mercury 20k times the level considered toxic, then by all means go for it. They have not even had enough time to test this.

angelatc
11-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Ask her about "herd immunity"

It's a micro-biology term, and she should know what it means.

It is kind of controversial though.

I' think it's a lay-person's term. ANd it only works if most of the herd is immunized. Since there are vaccine shortages galore, that seems unlikely.

noxagol
11-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Herd immunity is a joke. It doesn't exist. The vaccine doesn't suddenly work on everyone if x% of the people get it. Either the vaccine will protect the people that took it or it won't. Increasing the number of vaccinated people doesn't make the vaccine work any better.

What it does do, if it does work, is decrease the likely hood of it being spread since it decreases the number of people who are susceptable to the disease. Herd immunity is one of those arguments statist make in justifying forcing everyone to take their poison.

sevin
11-05-2009, 07:45 AM
This is a little off topic, but I wanted to answer this for you.. Every president since FDR has declared some sort of national emergency because it allows them (in their rationale) to suspend certain tenets of the Constitution.. (gold & silver money for example)..FDR started it with the depression and each president continues the emergency.. its a big joke..

Yeah, I know this. I just put it that way to get her to think about it.

angelatc
11-05-2009, 08:18 AM
What it does do, if it does work, is decrease the likely hood of it being spread since it decreases the number of people who are susceptible to the disease.

Uh, yeah. That's the definition of herd immunity. :rolleyes:

RickyJ
11-05-2009, 08:48 AM

How would you respond?

Tell her she is stupid for getting her kids the shot. Tell her she needs to grow a brain and realize that she just gave her kids a dose of mercury one of the most toxic elements known to the human body. Tell her until she wises up and changes you will have nothing to do with her. :D And that she needs to stop abusing her kids. She is an unfit mother indeed. :eek:

pcosmar
11-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Herd immunity

:confused:
:mad:
I am not cattle.
We are not a "Herd" .

This is how the "Elites" think of us.
Cared for, culled, harvested. Controlled

I reject the concept.

EndDaFed
11-05-2009, 11:12 AM
YouTube - UPDATE ON WASHINGTON REDSKINS CHEERLEADER CRIPPLED FOR LIFE AFTER BEING VACCINATED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5F5wP8RdU)

According to the doctor they interviewed later she does not have symptoms that correlate with dystonia. The likely hood is that she has a psychogenic disorder.

YouTube - Flu Shot Victim Desiree Jennings - Dystonia Explained (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-cIP3VBfo&feature=related)

From the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation.

Dystonia & Flu Vaccine in the Media

There have been continuing inquiries and comments about the Maryland woman who reports developing dystonia as a result of getting a flu shot. The DMRF is not aware of any information or research showing that the seasonal flu vaccine causes dystonia.

Because of the concern of individuals with dystonia as to whether or not to get a flu shot because of this reported case, we have sought the opinion of dystonia experts on this case. Based on the footage that has been shared with the public, it is their unanimous consensus that this case does not appear to be dystonia.

Since there has never been a validated case of dystonia resulting from a flu shot, the experts polled believe this case should not deter anyone from getting a flu shot. As with any medical procedure or treatment option, the DMRF encourages you to discuss the risks and benefits of the getting the flu vaccine with your doctor.

For information on botulinum toxin injections and flu vaccine,

http://www.dystonia-foundation.org/pages/dystonia___flu_vaccine/569.php

YouTube - Cheerleader with dystonia from flu shot may have it all in her head (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP0QYLMUZb4&feature=youtube_gdata)

MelissaWV
11-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Herd immunity

:confused:
:mad:
I am not cattle.
We are not a "Herd" .

This is how the "Elites" think of us.
Cared for, culled, harvested. Controlled

I reject the concept.

Hold your horses! Of course, you might not actually have horses :) If you get the Swine Flu, you may or may not eat pork, or even have had relations with pigs. Sometimes things are named for their origins, and not meant literally. "Herd immunity" is most easily and vitally discovered among large herds of animals. Groups of migrating elk, gnu, bison, etc. would sometimes be stricken with plagues (or annual disease events). Those animals that survived would pass along their immunity in many cases. Over the years, the group became more and more resistant to the disease. Eventually, so few of the creatures in a group will have trouble with the disease that only they will die, and it will be a super rare event. There won't be any transmission between one animal and another.

Face it, we're still biological beings.

As for why one shouldn't get the vaccine, that's up to the individual. I don't necessarily think people getting their kids vaccines are "idiots," but I would say it's safe to think many of them haven't given much thought or credence to the down sides of vaccination. The news in general tends to dismiss such claims or caveats.