PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Fly-over - $800 raised so far

Ronstock '08
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I just chipped in $5. All we need is 440 people people to do the same.....

Spread the word.

http://grannywarrior.chipin.com/nascar-fly-over

rich34
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Now this is an idea that I like. The typical southern nascar fan is the typical republican voter. This could have great potential.

Lord Xar
10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
50 sent

OptionsTrader
10-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I do not like the "4". Why not spell out the word? Does it cost more to use 2 more letters?

RON PAUL 4 PRESIDENT--GOOGLE HIM

How does that sound for the banner?

Lord Xar
10-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I think perhaps : RON PAUL 4 PRESIDENT - SAVE YOUR COUNTRY

right now they have...: RON PAUL 4 PRESIDENT - GOOGLE HIM

OptionsTrader
10-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I would prefer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2008 : GOOGLE RON PAUL

Korey Kaczynski
10-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Does the average nascar fan even know what google is?

dsentell
10-02-2007, 12:13 PM

Shame on you! I an a NASCAR fan, a Ron Paul Supporter, and I know what Google is!

BUT, I guess I can't say that I am AVERAGE !!!! :)

ross11988
10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Shame on you! I an a NASCAR fan, a Ron Paul Supporter, and I know what Google is!

Haha good one

runderwo
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I sent 50 also

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I think perhaps : RON PAUL 4 PRESIDENT - SAVE YOUR COUNTRY

I second this opinion.

Korey Kaczynski
10-02-2007, 12:43 PM

I was half joking, half serious ;).

OptionsTrader
10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
///

Nevermind =)

Ronstock '08
10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
The banner behind the plane is good. I'm glad it's being done.

However here's something that REALLY rocks.....www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JIt88ieu8

I've emailed HQ twice and asked them to consider funding this on a regular basis.

Givemelibertyor.....
10-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Chipped in.

I was at this track last night. I had never been there before.

I can't stress how AMAZING this will be if we can get it funded.

runningdiz
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey... I just saw this post and went to the link. It sounds like a great idea, I will be at both races got tickets months ago. I only have one issue. This is the reciept for this off their website:

Amount: $3,100.00 USD
Subject: AERIAL TOWING
Note:FOR TWO RACES CHAROLETTE ON OCT 13 AND 14
RON PAUL 4 PRESIDENT

Sincerely,
PayPal

The Busch Series race is on October 12th (Friday night) The Nextel Cup Series race is on October 13th (a staturday night). They have down the plane flying over the 13th and 14th. The speedway will be completely empty on the 14th there is NO race that day. Also qualifying for the race is Thursday NOT Saturday as they state on their site. If anyone knows who is conducting this please contact them ASAP and alert them of their error.

Also I have been going to the races for 10 years. If they are driving to the track to set up friday nights race they better be showing up real early Friday to get a good spot since the race Friday will attract over 80,000 people so parking area will be packed. If they show up after five they will be parked in the middle of nowhere.

If anyone wants verification of the schedual for this upcoming weekend go here: http://lowesmotorspeedway.com/schedules/

If anyone has any questions for me Private Message... I am out of CHarlotte for the weekend until Tuesday.

In Liberty,
Kevin

bbachtung
10-06-2007, 07:38 PM
bump

RCA
10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Can anyone confirm the date confusion?

zebov
10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Can anyone confirm the date confusion?

Oh my. Someone do please confirm we have the right dates.

Man from La Mancha
10-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Gee, where are the pilots for Ron Paul. There are many small airplane owners that should be able to fly for gas money.

RCA
10-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Just sent an email to the granny warriors. I told them to post their response on this thread.

"fingers crossed"

RCA
10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
bump

Givemelibertyor.....
10-07-2007, 09:33 AM
bumpity bump bump

Any word from the Grannies?

pcosmar
10-07-2007, 09:54 AM

You would be surprised. Racing has become high tech, and many follow the race online.
http://www.nascar.com/
There are quite a few in the Automotive Industry that enjoy Motor Sports.
I am one.

pcosmar
10-07-2007, 12:27 PM
The race is on now. I wonder if any of the drivers would put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on, Bumper or dash.

Drknows
10-07-2007, 12:34 PM
The race is on now. I wonder if any of the drivers would put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on, Bumper or dash.

The race is on Now? do they show fly overs on tv? is there someone at the event recording it?

This is awesome!! Thank you grannywarrior!

pcosmar
10-07-2007, 12:41 PM
The race is on Now? do they show fly overs on tv? is there someone at the event recording it?

This is awesome!! Thank you grannywarrior!

Oops, I am not a Grannywarior, just a race fan as well as a Ron Paul supporter.

UtahApocalypse
10-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Ummm.... First off the Charlotte Race that the chip-in is for is NEXT week. Todays race is in Talladega. My biggest concern is that next weeks race IS on Saturday and NOT on Sunday. The chip-in seems to think all Nascar races are Sunday's I really, really want to know they have this set for the right day. Would be horrible if that plane is circling a empty track a week from today.

G-khan
10-07-2007, 12:52 PM
The banner behind the plane is good. I'm glad it's being done.

However here's something that REALLY rocks.....www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JIt88ieu8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JIt88ieu8)

I've emailed HQ twice and asked them to consider funding this on a regular basis.

I agree this has a real wow factor and people will talk about it for a long time after seeing it and tell others about it.

If it is not a too much more I think this would be the way to go?

Noog
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
$10 from me

winston_blade
10-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I honestly am not too big on spending a lot of money on airplane advertising. I really think that getting a billboard on a busy road would be better, but maybe that is just me.

Givemelibertyor.....
10-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Just sent an email to the Grannies about the date confusion. The message was returned, mailbox full was the reason.

If somebody here knows either of these ladies, I hope you can get them to clear this up soon. The ChipIn expires on the 9th.....

RCA
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
bump

RCA
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
bump

warriorgranny
10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I just got a call about the dates for the Nascar Flyover. I should have been more careful. I am not a race fan so figured the qualifying would be one day and the race the next on Sunday as usual..NOT SO... actually it is two seperate races, ( the air ad people straightened me out on this) both at night. One Friday the Busch and on Sat the Nascar. Qualifying will be the day of the race each time. The dates are Friday the 12th and Sat the 13th.

we spent the weekend in Mooresville where the track is and yeow.. I have never seen such a place, miles and miles of parking for the fans. We went from one place to the other with a lot of helpful hints from the people working there to get a very good spot. We finally settled on a front row parking space in front of Gate 8, in the M parking lot. We will be right in front of the track entrance plus hwy 85 and 29 have a junction about a block up and we will be getting all the traffic coming off the interstate being able to see us very plainly. the parking space, no electric, no water nothing just a space was $150 for the weekend but considering the amount of people both driving by and walking it is a cheap price to pay.

The air ad will be flying during the qualifying both days as they cannot fly at night but that is not a problem. There will be as many people at the qualifying as the actual race from what everyone says plus there will be a lot of walking around traffic during that time giving us time to talk to people and hand out information.

Hopefully we can get enough people to be there with us to make it a Ron Paul race. There are hundreds of spots to put up yard signs along the roads which will need to be done on Thursday. We will be leaving home on Thursday afternoon and get there about dark to get set up and ready for Fri. morning. You can bet we will be taking lots of photos and letting you all know how well it goes or if it is a total bust.. There have been 150,000 tickets sold for Sat. race. Now if only half of those people look up and see the banner that is a huge amount of people seeing the name.. That is what this is all about >
NAME RECOGNITION>

I am totally sorry about the confusion about the dates. That was my fault. The message I posted was the actual bill not the payment receipt.. The bill had the dates on it I told them but the actual receipt for payment has the correct dates as they called and made sure I knew which dates I was paying for.. Oh well when you get old you get excited and careless. Not Clueless ...

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding, now I am going to the chip in page and update it with the actual payment receipt...

Thank you all for supporting this project, I sincerely feel it will make a big difference in gaining support for Ron. Nascar fans tend to be very independent and freedom loving which should make them supporters of Ron Paul if they just get the message he is running and what his platform is.

Thanks again. Linda ( warriorgranny)

bbachtung
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks, warriorgranny.

UtahApocalypse
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Well thats good and bad. Qualifying is NOT before the races. NO actual events will be happening when the plane is up. There will still be tons of people coming in, honestly though I think this was a big mistake:

Friday, Oct. 12 - Dollar General 300!
6:00am LMS Gate 26/Infield Opens for Camping
8:00am LMS LMS Ticket Office Opens Smith Tower - 2nd Floor
8:00am - 11:00pm LMS Fleetwood RV Camping Resort Open for Check-In
10:00am LMS LMS Credential Office Opens
10:00am NBS Registration Opens
12:00pm NBS Garage Opens
12:00pm LMS Time Warner Media Center Opens
1:00pm NNCS Garage and Registration Open
1:30pm Track Services Meeting (Time Warner Media Center)
2:30pm LMS Spectator Gates Open
2:30pm NNCS Hot Pass in Effect - Garage Area
3:00pm - 3:50pm NNCS Practice
4:05pm NBS Qualifying (2 laps/all positions)
5:50pm NNCS Hot Pass in Effect - Garage Area
6:00pm NBS Driver and Crew Chief Meeting (Time Warner Media Center)
6:20pm - 7:20pm NNCS Final Practice
7:00pm LMS Credential Office Closes
7:00pm NNCS Registration Closes
7:30pm NBS Driver Introductions
8:16pm NBS Dollar General 300 (200 laps/300 miles) NASCAR Busch Series Race
9:00pm NNCS Garage Closes

Saturday, Oct. 13- Bank of America 500!
8:00am LMS LMS Ticket Office Opens Smith Tower - 2nd Floor
8:00am - 11:00pm LMS Fleetwood RV Resort Open for Check-In
10:00am LMS LMS Credential Office Opens
11:00am NNCS Registration Opens
12:00pm LMS Time Warner Media Center Opens
1:00pm NNCS Garage Opens
2:00pm LMS Spectator Gates Open
2:00pm LMS Gate 8 Crossover Gate Opens
2:30pm Track Services Meeting (Time Warner Media Center)
5:30pm LMS Gate 8 Crossover Closes
5:30pm NNCS Driver and Crew Chief Meeting(location TBD)
5:45pm LMS Pre-Race Entertainment
6:30pm LMS Credential Office Closes
6:30pm NNCS Hot Pass in Effect - Garage Area and Pit Road
7:00pm NNCS Driver Introductions
7:46pm NNCS Bank of America 500 (334 laps/501 miles) NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Race
8:30pm NNCS Registration Closes

RCA
10-07-2007, 07:47 PM
The plane will be flying all day up until 15 mins before dusk. This would be just prior to the start of each race. This means that the plane will be seen by the entire crowd at least once or twice.

Not to mention all the traffic & pedestrians in the immediate area a few hours before the race. Oh yeah, and the entire city of Charlotte both days. It was an excellent idea.

The plane could be seen by as many as a million people during the two days. My $10 was well spent!

Please donate $10 also!

traviskicks
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I would prefer:

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2008 : GOOGLE RON PAUL

How about:
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2008 : Abolish the IRS!

:)

UtahApocalypse
10-07-2007, 07:52 PM
I want to clarify, I am not against this plan or the grannywarriors. What they do is amazing. I just think that everyone need to remember to take time to check everything before we commit. The plane will get lots of visibility and be useful still. Had we known it was night race long ago though maybe that plane that flew in Florida with the lights could have been used. More or less we need to check things before we dive in.

RCA
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Let's finish this one please!!!

warriorgranny
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=UtahApocalypse;251482]Well thats good and bad. Qualifying is NOT before the races. NO actual events will be happening when the plane is up. There will still be tons of people coming in, honestly though I think this was a big mistake:

If it is a mistake it won't be the first nor the last I have made but personally I think it is a good idea and good plan and qualifying will take place. There will be people in the stands all day long plus moving around the different areas. Already the parking is being taken and paid for by Thursday only the public parking areas will be open.

One thing about the whole thing .... If you don't like the project don't work on it.. do one of your own and I will certainly help you in any way I can.

There are some people who like to find fault with everything and anything, it makes them feel important so I don't argue with them but encourage them to go out and make their own project, think big, play fair and win votes for Ron Paul.

Negative posts only harm the whole group, but that is what they are meant to do sometimes. We all have to remember that there are those people on these and other forums just waiting for a way to insert negative energy into the group. Don't let that happen. If you for some reason don't want to help or think it is a total waste of time energy and money write to the person privately, talk it out with them then decide whether you help or not but NEVER HINDER anyone who is doing something positive. Linda

RCA
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Only $303 to go!

UtahApocalypse
10-07-2007, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=UtahApocalypse;251482]Well thats good and bad. Qualifying is NOT before the races. NO actual events will be happening when the plane is up. There will still be tons of people coming in, honestly though I think this was a big mistake:

If it is a mistake it won't be the first nor the last I have made but personally I think it is a good idea and good plan and qualifying will take place. There will be people in the stands all day long plus moving around the different areas. Already the parking is being taken and paid for by Thursday only the public parking areas will be open.

One thing about the whole thing .... If you don't like the project don't work on it.. do one of your own and I will certainly help you in any way I can.

There are some people who like to find fault with everything and anything, it makes them feel important so I don't argue with them but encourage them to go out and make their own project, think big, play fair and win votes for Ron Paul.

Negative posts only harm the whole group, but that is what they are meant to do sometimes. We all have to remember that there are those people on these and other forums just waiting for a way to insert negative energy into the group. Don't let that happen. If you for some reason don't want to help or think it is a total waste of time energy and money write to the person privately, talk it out with them then decide whether you help or not but NEVER HINDER anyone who is doing something positive. Linda

I guess you missed my other post, I do support the idea, and everything you do. I think its a reminder to all of us that we need to make sure we check all of the details on events we plan. I hope I have not offended you, it was not my intention. If I had the money I would have donated to this cause, I am a huge Nascar fan.

RCA
10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
We are at 90%!

RadioDJforPaul
10-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I will be there. I think this is a great idea. I always look up anytime I hear a plane at the track. Hopefully I can get some good pictures.

devil21
10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Lowes Speedway is not part of Charlotte but rather is ~10 miles away from downtown Charlotte. Is the plane planning on flying down to Charlotte for a few circles? I think it would be great if it made a few circles around the downtown area too!
Anybody in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area should notify their local news broadcasts as soon as possible. They might want to cover this! My emails will be on the way tomorrow.

In Charlotte:
www.wcnc.com
www.wsoctv.com
www.news14.com
www.myfoxcharlotte.com

werdd
10-08-2007, 10:40 PM
They finished their goal, i didn't donate, but im glad to see it ;).

warriorgranny
10-12-2007, 08:46 PM
We are here at the Race track and at exactly 4:40 the plane got in line with the others flying banners... What a sight. Ron Paul in huge letters. The time was approximately 3/4 of an hour in the air.. Thousands of folks saw that banner. It is now 10:30 and the race is about over but just now a bunch of folks came by on their way to their campsite and were yelling ron paul, ron paul when they passed the RV...

We were also in the RACEDAY pre race program on the Speed chanel. We all had signs but not just ron paul signs. We had our favorite drivers on the signs as well. One kid had FED EX No. 11 and below that was my vote for Ron Paul.. My husband got photos of the sign on the tv screen behind the commentator but it looked grainy but later I got a photo from a friend in Washington State who sent me a photo she took off of TV for me and guess what? Yep it was that same sign. People all over the country saw that and now know the name RoN Paul. Isn't it great? We weren't overwhelmed with people stopping by to learn about Dr. Paul but we were overwhelmed with people stopping by to see the monkey and everyone went away with a slimjim and a few kind words to please check him out. One kid got kicked out of the audience at the TV show as his sign was too big and he was taking up too much air time..lol... he came back to the RV and blew up 200 balloons ( about 40 at a time) and went walking around the area handing them out to all of the kids. For a while you didn't see a kid walk by that didn't have a blue Ron Paul balloon in their hands.. I am really overjoyed with the whole day... I hope tomorrow will be even better..

Linda ( granny Warrior)

RP4ME
10-12-2007, 08:54 PM
We are here at the Race track and at exactly 4:40 the plane got in line with the others flying banners... What a sight. Ron Paul in huge letters. The time was approximately 3/4 of an hour in the air.. Thousands of folks saw that banner. It is now 10:30 and the race is about over but just now a bunch of folks came by on their way to their campsite and were yelling ron paul, ron paul when they passed the RV...

We were also in the RACEDAY pre race program on the Speed chanel. We all had signs but not just ron paul signs. We had our favorite drivers on the signs as well. One kid had FED EX No. 11 and below that was my vote for Ron Paul.. My husband got photos of the sign on the tv screen behind the commentator but it looked grainy but later I got a photo from a friend in Washington State who sent me a photo she took off of TV for me and guess what? Yep it was that same sign. People all over the country saw that and now know the name RoN Paul. Isn't it great? We weren't overwhelmed with people stopping by to learn about Dr. Paul but we were overwhelmed with people stopping by to see the monkey and everyone went away with a slimjim and a few kind words to please check him out. One kid got kicked out of the audience at the TV show as his sign was too big and he was taking up too much air time..lol... he came back to the RV and blew up 200 balloons ( about 40 at a time) and went walking around the area handing them out to all of the kids. For a while you didn't see a kid walk by that didn't have a blue Ron Paul balloon in their hands.. I am really overjoyed with the whole day... I hope tomorrow will be even better..

Linda ( granny Warrior)

Linda you are such blessing! Thnk you for all your hrdwork! You are so what is right about our country! Please give us a youtube

me3
10-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Bless you Linda!