PDA

View Full Version : Interesting and well informed blog that leans our way.

Mckarnin
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
http://zarathustrasoldman.blogspot.com/

MsDoodahs
11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey, I was just asking someone about your disappearance from these parts the other day!

Didn't you join up with Pete Peterson?

Mckarnin
02-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Hey, I was just asking someone about your disappearance from these parts the other day!

Pete Patterson, I'm not sure who he is but no. My only involvement outside of reading things and writing legislators has been hosting a screening of "For Liberty" and a protest outside the Federal Reserve. I had a baby in the summer and started the homeschooling year in fall so have been pretty busy. :-)

ronpaulhawaii
02-03-2010, 10:17 PM
:)

Mckarnin
12-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I just realized when I re-read this that your calling him Pete threw me off, lol. Sorry if my response seemed brusque.

I was approached by the Peterson Foundation and invited to a conference call in which David Walker (at the time president of the foundation) presented the goals and mission of the Peterson Foundation. He took questions; I asked several. Of course they were looking for the support of people they knew capable of gathering/organizing large grassroots groups and projects. I was not satisfied with the answers to my questions. While I think Walker has some things right my overall impression was that they believe they can fix our monetary problems largely through and within the status quo. I believe that many things are going to have to change in a big way to truly improve the situation (rather than just delaying the ramifications) and the health care position, social security position, etc. that they held did not seem sustainable to me or like part of the solution.

I declined their offer.

Katharine