PDA

View Full Version : Forbes' Financial Illiteracy: Calls Ron Paul 'Left Wing'

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49716

werdd
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
The whole left ring right wing bashing thing is getting old. They just bash eachother on devisive issues likes killing our young men, gay marriage, and abortion. But they forget the big picture that they both want a bigger goverment. Bigger goverment is hardly conservative, i think this bashing is just a devise media tool to keep us occupied in hating another party, while failing to see that they are essentially the same.

American
10-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I've always said, we can use almost everything to our advantage when they post articles like this. This would work great in left circles, play it down in the right.

Play the hand that dealt

kylejack
10-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Financial illiteracy? They were referring to his foreign policy positions. So silly.

kalami
10-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Pretty stupid article. I wonder hwo they determine to what degrees someone is right or left. How do they increment or decrement?

micahnelson
10-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Pretty stupid article. How do they increment or decrement?

Neither, its all Bovine Excrement.

kylebrotherton
10-03-2007, 12:13 AM
How many "left wing" candidates can you name that agree with Ron Paul's stance?

Remember, the democratic "front-runners" are closer to Rudy's foreign policy stance. They only criticize Iraq and, even so, none of them would commit to pulling out during their first term (in the most recent debate).

kylejack
10-03-2007, 12:15 AM
How many "left wing" candidates can you name that agree with Ron Paul's stance?
At least 2, Kucinich and Gravel.

Paulitician
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
At least 2, Kucinich and Gravel.
Richardson seems to be close to Paul too on that issue, but only on Iraq. I don't know if he shares the whole non-interventionist policy.

libertarian4321
10-03-2007, 12:38 PM
That is such BS- when did not supporting stupid wars become "left wing"?

Anyway, I won't be renewing my subscription to Forbes when it comes due in a month or so- screw 'em- I'll send the money I save to Ron Paul instead!

Bob Cochran
10-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Financial illiteracy? They were referring to his foreign policy positions. So silly.

Right. The thread title is dumb. "Foreign policy illiteracy" is what it is.

As Ron Paul often points out, not wasting our finest young people and our treasure on needless wars is a VERY CONSERVATIVE idea.

Forbes showed their neocon colors by making it clear they think being anti-Iraq-war automatically makes someone a liberal.