PDA

View Full Version : Montel Williams promoting slavery on air america

cindy25
11-04-2009, 12:35 AM
http://airamerica.com/montelacrossamerica/blog/11-02-2009/listen-montels-plan-end-war-afghanistan/
Montel: Bring Back The Draft (AUDIO)
Montel agrees with PBS' Bill Moyers who called for the reinstution of the military draft
By Justin Yuen

* Bill Moyers: Bring Back the Draft

PBS' Bill Moyers thinks that if President Obama decides to escalate our troop level in Afghanistan then we should bring back the draft.

In a week or so, when the president announces he is escalating the war, let's not hide the reality behind eloquence or animation. No more soaring rhetoric, please. No more video games. If our governing class wants more war, let's not allow them to fight it with young men and women who sign up because they don't have jobs here at home, or can't afford college or health care for their families.

Let's share the sacrifice. Spread the suffering. Let's bring back the draft.

Yes, bring back the draft -- for as long as it takes our politicians and pundits to "fix" Afghanistan to their satisfaction.

Bring back the draft, and then watch them dive for cover on Capitol Hill, in the watering holes and think tanks of the Beltway, and in the quiet little offices where editorial writers spin clever phrases justifying other people's sacrifice. Let's insist our governing class show the courage to make this long and dirty war our war, or the guts to end it.

Montel couldn't agree more. America would be better off not with just a military draft, but universal public service for all its citizens. Less than a half percent of the American public are serving in Afghanistan. Less than half percent of American public are even contributing to the defense of our country. Freedom comes with a price.

SimpleName
11-06-2009, 01:44 AM
I thought Moyer was a little more of an honorable dude. Forget him. And Montel? Wasn't he totally anti-war? Why would he support this? Then again, he had that evil scam artist Sylvia Browne on his show weekly. Guess he is a total jerk***.

0zzy
11-06-2009, 01:48 AM
They don't want the draft to have the war, they want it to end the war. more symbolic than anything.

Reason
11-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Draft during the first term of a president?

Suicidal.

Free Moral Agent
11-06-2009, 02:32 AM
They don't want the draft to have the war, they want it to end the war. more symbolic than anything.

Yeah thats what I got from reading that. Sure, I think that it would precipitate a possible end to the war - but what if it didnt? Besides there are other more consistent means to ennding the war like chaning hearts and minds of our current active military and future prospects.

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Yeah thats what I got from reading that. Sure, I think that it would precipitate a possible end to the war - but what if it didnt? Besides there are other more consistent means to ennding the war like chaning hearts and minds of our current active military and future prospects.

or, simply issuing orders to deployed troops to get on board the transports and return to CONUS immediately.

Just sayin.