PDA

View Full Version : NY 23 race reports voting machine problems.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh brother...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2009/11/report-ballot-problems-in-nys-23rd-congressional-district.html

Report: Ballot problems in NY's 23rd Congressional District
Buzz up!Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz
This is not good news for political junkies hoping to get a winner in New York's 23rd Congressional District before bedtime: There are voting machine problems in St. Lawrence County, one of the more populous areas in the district.

The Watertown Daily Times says there are problems with the new scanners that read the ballots in the towns of Louisville, Waddington, Rossie and Clare.

“We may not have results from those towns tonight," St. Lawrence County Board of Elections Deputy Commissioner Thomas Nichols told the paper.

St. Lawrence County accounted for 41,000 votes -- about 17% of the total -- in the 2008 congressional election.

Public opinion polls suggested that tonight's race between Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman and Democrat Bill Owens would be close. The polls closed at 9 p.m. ET in New York.

phill4paul
11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Ha! Like we wouldn't see it. Thanks for grabbing that Anti-Fed.

HOLLYWOOD
11-03-2009, 08:55 PM
13% precincts reporting

Bill Owens: 50%
Doug Hoffman: 45 %
Dede Scuzofazzzo Skank: 5% (There's even Marxist Fem Nazis in upstate NY) send in the hounds!

Dieseler
11-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Ouch, I was hoping Hoffman would run away with this one.

phill4paul
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
dede scuzofazzzo skank: 5% (there's even marxist fem nazis in upstate ny) send in the hounds!

lol.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-03-2009, 09:05 PM
So disappointing. I hope a miracle could still happen. But so far, it looks like too many morons in that district prefer another chickenneck rule-your-life Demmie to a man who at least would have been a third party representative and a promoter of fiscal soundness.

klamath
11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
That's not looking good. This is the race that all the political heads are calling the referendums on Obama. The governorships are more about local state issues.

rprprs
11-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Ouch, I was hoping Hoffman would run away with this one.

Me too. But did you ever see a "dorkier", less charismatic candidate?:rolleyes:

paulitics
11-03-2009, 09:12 PM
This is the big race of tonight. If Hoffman loses, it will be spun that republicans must moderate. In other words, cap and trade, and Obamacare.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
This is the big race of tonight. If Hoffman loses, it will be spun that republicans must moderate. In other words, cap and trade, and Obamacare.

Not necessarily...

"...after all, she literally endorsed the Democrat, and that's gotta be good for 5 points out of her 22% following, just her supporters doing what she asked them to."

sofia
11-03-2009, 09:43 PM
vindictive bitch...

this is why she dropped out. Had it been a 3 way Hoffman would have won

Flash
11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I hope Hoffman registers Republican and makes another run for Congress.

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I hope Hoffman registers Republican and makes another run for Congress.

I don't -- he is too neocon for my tastes. I was looking at him for a Pelosi referendum. Scozza of course fell on her sword for Pelosi and tossed her voters to the Dem. I hope we get a real Conservative in 2010, one that obeys the Constitution and opposes all these unconstitutional wars and government moral interventions into everybody's lives.