PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Freedom Watch 11/03/09

gls
11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
YouTube - Congressman Ron Paul - 'Be Prepared for the Worst' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgx6YeLtJG4&feature=player_embedded)

lx43
11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
When I looked on Foxnews.com it had this video on the front page on the right hand side. Tell me I'm not having a stroke that they actually have RP on? lol

lx43
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Damn its off now of them most viewed vidoes; its replaced with the tragic end to missin student.

Figures.

DamianTV
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Off topic of the video, Ron mentioned that so many people are taught and indoctrinated in Keyensian Economics (I dont think I spelled that right). I know he is taught in the Austrian School of Economics, and cant say I know much about the two but both of the WORDS have been being tossed around rather frequently, without much meaning to me as their applications dont meet their definitions.

Does this mean that Ron is totally against Keyensian Economics?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Off topic of the video, Ron mentioned that so many people are taught and indoctrinated in Keyensian Economics (I dont think I spelled that right). I know he is taught in the Austrian School of Economics, and cant say I know much about the two but both of the WORDS have been being tossed around rather frequently, without much meaning to me as their applications dont meet their definitions.

Does this mean that Ron is totally against Keyensian Economics?

Yes. Austrian is the exact opposite of Keynesianism. Austrian Economics is the free-market. It is grounded in economics, philosophy, praxeology, and touches pretty much everything.

Read:
Human Action - Ludwig Von Mises
Man, Economy, State - Murray Rothbard
Road to Serfdom - F.A. Hayek

That's a grounded base. You can read some Capital Theory, and other things also.

Now for Keynesianism you can read anything by Keynes himself, Paul Krugman, Stiglitz, etc.

tajitj
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
did not see this, good video.

Bruehound
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Interesting that RP asked Judge Andy if he was considering a run.

That would actually be bigger than HUGE. Just imagine.

Krugerrand
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Interesting that RP asked Judge Andy if he was considering a run.

That would actually be bigger than HUGE. Just imagine.

I enjoyed hearing that "his plans aren't that far out." I take that as he hasn't ruled out the possibility yet. That's a good thing.

It sure would be fun to be a fly on the wall at that private conversation to which Ron invited the good judge.

Working Poor
11-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Paul/da Judge what a combo that would be!!

Matt Collins
11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Paul / Napolitano 2012?

Bruehound
11-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Paul / Napolitano 2012?

That ticket, in any order, would change the world. Imagine the rallies, even at the onset of that endeavour. Gives me a thrill up my leg.

Matt Collins
11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
YouTube - Congressman Ron Paul - 'Be Prepared for the Worst' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgx6YeLtJG4&feature=player_embedded)