PDA

View Full Version : SC Clemson school newspaper "Ron Paul is favored at like 42%"

RP08
10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Quote from post on a *car audio* forum:

"I was reading the school newspaper today, and on Clemson campus, Ron Paul is favored at like 42%, the next closest being Obama at 14%. Figured it was a sign of good things to come."

Now we just need to get these young people to register Republican (ASAP in many cases) and put down their game controllers on Primary day. 42% !?!! Wowzers!

Bradley in DC
10-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Like you know, um, I really like how they put the "like" in before the percentage.

FluffyUnbound
10-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Like you know, um, I really like how they put the "like" in before the percentage.

At least that lets us know that this is an authentic college communication.

Dave Wood
10-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Way to go CLEMSON TIGERS! Here we come South Carolina! I wonder what they are thinking at the Citadel Military academy down there, HUGE campus?

RPatTheBeach
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Proud Alumnus right here. :)

I knew I loved that school!! Heading there for this weekend, going to have to pick up a copy of the paper.

Edit: Just checked out the paper online: http://www.thetigernews.com/poll/index.cfm?event=displayPollResults

36% Ron Paul

dsentell
10-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Gives me goosebumps!!!!

I just returned from vacation in South Carolina -- now I have another reason to love that State!!! :)

UCFGavin
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
we need to get students there to pass out registration forms, or info cards about how to register online.

fj45lvr
10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
kids have alredy proven that they have POWER to open up the eyes of their parents and their extended families.

Let's have students across the nation let everyone know!!!

The "conservative" republicans would have to take definite not of a SURGE of young people that they have not seen since ????????.

M.Bellmore
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
kids have alredy proven that they have POWER to open up the eyes of their parents and their extended families.

Let's have students across the nation let everyone know!!!

The "conservative" republicans would have to take definite not of a SURGE of young people that they have not seen since ????????.

Hence my idea to get Ron Paul's name out through college football:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21416

Please support if your meetup is close to a football game on October 27th!

JMann
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
To Vote:

http://www.thetigernews.com/

LibertyBelle
10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Proud Alumnus right here. :)

I knew I loved that school!! Heading there for this weekend, going to have to pick up a copy of the paper.

Edit: Just checked out the paper online: http://www.thetigernews.com/poll/index.cfm?event=displayPollResults

36% Ron Paul

Another proud '91 Alumnus right here! GO TIGERS! Great school, I still think of Clemson as my home.

36-42%, obviously lots of smart students! I'm envious you are going to be there this weekend! Good ole' Death Valley......

ThePieSwindler
10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
13-3 pwned at football.

Similar stuff going on here at Georgia tech - over 60 Ron Paul supporters on facebook, chalk everywhere, lots of conservative students who arent big fans of Bush and are smart enough to understand Ron Paul's foreign policy. Georgia isnt anywhere near as a big a primary state as SC, so Clemson would be a more important campus to have under our thumb, of course, but still. In-state colleges like clemson are great too cuse kids can actually go out and vote, and not have to send absentee ballots or not vote at all.

Sean
10-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I think we should encourage absentee ballots on college campuses. They have some advantages. First once they send it off they have voted. Young people are notorious for not showing up at polls. So if you can get a few active people they can make sure everyone applies for an absentee ballot and actually sends it in. That is much easier than trying to encourage everyone to vote over the course of one day.

Razmear
10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
This site also allows free classified ads. I am local and placed one advertising the local meetup group, so no one else needs to hit up the Clemson paper, but check out your local colleges to see if they also allow free classifieds in their online papers.
I posted mine under the Help Wanted section asking for Ron Paul volunteers to join the local meetup.

eb

nakedrunner96
10-02-2007, 05:50 PM
If you guys think the poll was impressive you should of seen the first edition of the Tiger this semester. The ad from the Iowa tribune (which my picture is a part of) was the ENTIRE back page of the paper.

I knew nothing about this. My parents thought it was just a passing thing when I ordered my copy of the iowa tribune. After showing them the two papers side by side I think they are coming to realize that this is serious.

Also, I went to the Georgia Tech - Clemson game in Atlanta saturday (which we lost sadly) and on the main road leading up to the stadium there were Ron Paul quates in chalk every 30 feet or so.

Lastly, a group here on campus has been writing ron paul slogans all across campus in sidewalk chalk. Recently these have been getting defaced with things like "Even Britney Spears thinks Ron Paul is Crazy" and the like.

I believe the decision has been made to leave them and just continue refreshing the Ron Paul stuff as it washes away. I am of the opinion that the defacements will not continue as the amusement will wear off and the fervor for ron paul will sustain.

Razmear
10-02-2007, 06:10 PM
NakedRunner, if you are in Clemson please join:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/951/

And get all your buddies to join too.

Thanks,
Eric Burke
Anderson SC Meetup Coordinator