PDA

View Full Version : Back to Goldwater Republicans

KAYA
11-03-2009, 10:44 AM
The Ron Paul group over at GOP.com currently has 375 members but the Goldwater group is currently ranked 4th with only 56 members. Only 11 more Goldwater members and this group will be ranked 2nd right under the RP group. Everyone who joined the RP group should also consider the Goldwater group. Lets continue to send a message to the GOP that we want them to return to their libertarian/true conservative roots! Of course we will have to relentlessly beat the GOP establishment over the head with this message from every angle possible and this is yet another angle.

http://our.gop.com/Groups/Back_to_Goldwater_Republicans_

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
The Ron Paul group over at GOP.com currently has 375 members but the Goldwater group is currently ranked 4th with only 56 members. Only 11 more Goldwater members and this group will be ranked 2nd right under the RP group. Everyone who joined the RP group should also consider the Goldwater group. Lets continue to send a message to the GOP that we want them to return to their libertarian/true conservative roots! Of course we will have to relentlessly beat the GOP establishment over the head with this message from every angle possible and this is yet another angle.

http://our.gop.com/Groups/Back_to_Goldwater_Republicans_

Don't forget the Laissez-Faire group.

Matt Collins
11-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Really? They seem to be wanting to kick us out:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/10/28/davidson-county-gop-moves-to-oust-ron-paul-supporting-vice-chair/

KAYA
11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Sweet, the GOP forum now has a Ron Paul sub-forum! Titled "Ron Paul Republicans".

http://our.gop.com/forums/Forum4047-1.aspx

Flash
11-03-2009, 10:12 PM
We only need a few more Goldwater group members.

AdamT
11-03-2009, 10:36 PM
We only need a few more Goldwater group members.

Joined.

dr. hfn
11-03-2009, 10:56 PM
join the Constitutional Republicans, Year of Youth, Laissez Faire Republicans, and Republican Liberty Caucus groups too!!!

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2009, 11:28 PM
join the Constitutional Republicans, Year of Youth, Laissez Faire Republicans, and Republican Liberty Caucus groups too!!!

:D

I joined Goldwater right away. I also made Constitutionalist Republicans. Wonder if the poor folks at gop.com are having their heads spin? On a sidenote, we are doing awful well in the forums. Only really one problem child in defense. The other opponent is clearly a Dem shill and is thus irrelevant in that setting.

Fr3shjive
11-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Funny how you see all the political pundits talking crap about how the GOP is dying party because they arent attracting the young voter because they're too far to the right. WRONG! We're far to the right fiscally but socially we're to the left.

The GOP will be the best party if they followed Ron Paul principles.

AuH20
11-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Funny how you see all the political pundits talking crap about how the GOP is dying party because they arent attracting the young voter because they're too far to the right. WRONG! We're far to the right fiscally but socially we're to the left.

The GOP will be the best party if they followed Ron Paul principles.

Socially to left? More like socially ambivalent. I'm pro-gay but I don't want them afforded with supercitizen status or special privileges. Abortion is the only social issue that really sticks in my craw. At the very least, any abortion after 8 weeks should be illegal. Neuroanatomic structures of a fetus are present 8 weeks after gestation, in other words they feel pain. It's incredibly barbaric and anti-libertarian. The recognition of pain is grounds to bestow personhood. With that said, I don't think such an issue should be the prime feature of the platform.

Fr3shjive
11-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Socially to left? More like socially ambivalent. I'm pro-gay but I don't want them afforded with supercitizen status or special privileges. Abortion is the only social issue that really sticks in my craw. At the very least, any abortion after 8 weeks should be illegal. Neuroanatomic structures of a fetus are present 8 weeks after gestation, in other words they feel pain. It's incredibly barbaric and anti-libertarian. The recognition of pain is grounds to bestow personhood. With that said, I don't think such an issue should be the prime feature of the platform.

Poor choice of word. Basically most of us dont give a shit what others do in the privacy off their own bedroom.

My point was that plenty of young people can get behind our message.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-04-2009, 08:31 AM
We aren't left or right. Most of us are libertarians which destroy the left-right paradigm. On top of that, many are Anarcho-Capitalists and further destroy that paradigm.

If you are going to use anything at all, then either use the Nolan Chart, or the State - Anti-State paradigm.

New York For Paul
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
If we are going to remake the party everybody needs to get involved. Considering how we dominate the internet, we should all sign up.

KAYA
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
bump