PDA

View Full Version : More Evidence How Reagan was Undermined by the Bushes and Their Ilk

AuH20
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
How Reagan got mixed up with this scum is beyond me?

http://rawstory.com/2009/10/gorbachev-bush-reagan-extreme/

specsaregood
11-03-2009, 10:31 AM

How?

Prior to the New Hampshire primary, David Rockefeller convened a secrete meeting of like-minded Republicans aimed at developing a strategy for stopping Reagan by supporting Bush and, failing that, getting Gerald Ford into the race. Reagan heard about the meeting and was, according to one aide, "really hurt". This aide reports that Reagan turned to him and demanded, "What have they got against me? I support big oil, I support big business, why don't they trust me?"

In any event, when Reagan scored his resounding triumph in New Hampshire in February, the overtures to the East began to work. New York establishment laywer Bill Casey (CFR), who became campaign director the day of the New Hampshire victory, began building bridges and promising that a more moderate Reagan would emerge after the Republican Convention.

Indeed, one did. Reagan picked Bush for his running mate, and after the election, put together a transition team that included 28 CFR men. As President, he appointed more than 80 individuals to his administration who were members of the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, or both.

AuH20
11-03-2009, 10:38 AM
How?

do you think that the assassination attempt was orchestrated by higher powers? It is well-documented that the Hinkley family was closely aligned with the Bush family. do you think that Reagan was becoming bolder and less controllable so they needed to rein him in?

Anti Federalist
11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
do you think that the assassination attempt was orchestrated by higher powers? It is well-documented that the Hinkley family was closely aligned with the Bush family. do you think that Reagan was becoming bolder and less controllable so they needed to rein him in?

I do, beyond a shadow of doubt.

I can picture in my mind's eye the scene: a number of large men in ill fitting suits standing around his hospital bed making it clear to Reagan that, "next time, we won't miss, play ball and you might live through this".

Trying to impress Jodie Foster, my aching ass.:rolleyes:

specsaregood
11-03-2009, 10:43 AM

Well of course I don't know anything. I just have quotes from various books that I find interesting. But reportedly he wanted to go back to the gold standard. This would cost the banking elite lots of $$$..

I asked Reagan: "What ever happened to the gold standard? I thought you supported it."

"Well," the president began and then paused (a ploy he frequently used to collect his thoughts), "I still do support the gold standard, but--"At that point, Reagan was interrupted by his chief of staff. "Now, Mr. President," said Don Regan, "we don't want to get bogged down talking about the gold standard."

"You see?" the president said to me, with palms uplifted in mock futility. "They just won't let me have my way."

--From page 421 of Robert Novak's autobiography The Prince of Darkness (on gold):

Bruno
11-03-2009, 10:50 AM

Reagan was also known to talk against the CFR and how Carter's cabinet was full of CFR folks, right up to the night he was given the GOP nomination and accepted Bush as his running mate.

http://www.nogw.com/download/2005_bushyknoll.pdf

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7508/1605/1600/hostonpost_0331811.jpg

AuH20
11-03-2009, 10:56 AM
http://nstarzone.com/HINCKLEY.html

Veracity is certainly in question but it does bring up some very intriguing points:

Then there was Hinckley, himself. The Jodie Foster obsessed space cadet had been prescribed psychoactive drugs by a hometown psychiatrist. According to press reports, at the time of the shooting he was dosed with Valium. Before targeting Reagan (supposedly to gain the "fame" that would redeem him in the eyes of Foster and the world), Hinckley had stalked Senator Ted Kennedy and President Jimmy Carter. He devoured books on Sirhan Sirhan, Robert Kennedy's assassin (suspected by many conspiracy researchers to have been hypnotically programmed), and Arthur Bremer, who shot George Wallace. Theorists ask the inevitable questions: Was Hinckley a mind-controlled assassin, a Manchurian Candidate programmed to "terminate with extreme prejudice"? They point to the CIA's longtime obsession with mind control and the fact that during the 1980 presidential primaries, Bush - the former director of Central Intelligence - enjoyed the zealous support of Agency regulars, who preferred their former boss to Reagan.

For an antisocial pariah, Hinckley sure got around. In October 1980, he had flown to Nebraska in an attempt to contact a member of the American Nazi Party. Columnist Jack Anderson later claimed that Hinckley had ties to an American faction of the pro-Khomeini "Islamic Guerrilla Army." According to conspiracy author Barbara Honegger, a member of that group told Anderson he had warned the Secret Service about Hinckley's designs on Reagan - two months before the shooting. If Anderson's source is to be believed, the Secret Service did nothing to stop the Jihad-happy gunman. The day after his Nazi-seeking mission, Hinckley flew to Nashville to stalk Jimmy Carter, but was arrested at the airport when authorities discovered three handguns in his suitcase. Oddly, after only five hours in custody, this unstable character - who had attempted to transport weapons across state lines and into a city soon to be visited by the president of the United States - was fined and released without further ado. Even more oddly, the authorities apparently didn't bother to examine his journal, which in Dear Diary fashion, detailed Hinckley's plans to kill Carter. Was this a case of bumbling negligence or something more ominous? Most likely they had found a perfect fall guy, similar to Oswald, to be used in some future covert operation.

The shadow government did not care for Reagan when he first ran for president. He would sometimes speak out against the Trilateral Commission, and other secret government organizations. After winning the White House, Reagan, never known for his detail oriented approach to administering, probably unknowingly allowed his cabinet to be filled with the same shadow government types he campaigned against. However, it was still early in his first term, and the insiders still did not feel comfortable with him in the White House. Bush, the ultimate insider, was someone they could count on. At the very moment the assassination was to take place, Bush was on his way to speak before the globalist/communist Trilateral Commission. Reagan was no fool. He must have at least suspected what was really behind the assassination attempt. Close associates claim he was never the same again after that day. Whatever plans he may have had to go against the wishes of the shadow government ended on March 30 1981. For the remaining 8 years of his presidency, he was, more or less, reduced to doing the will of the secret government.

It's incredible how such an unstable character with weapons is continuously released by the authorities, only to show up blocks away from the President with no hub-bub whatsoever. It sounds so fishy.

New York For Paul
11-03-2009, 11:18 AM

http://rawstory.com/2009/10/gorbachev-bush-reagan-extreme/

Here is part of the context of the times.

It is 1979/80

Reagan's campaign is being undermined from within. Reagan is the frontrunner who does well a personal campaigning and communications, but not so well with management and picking people.

Reagan's campaign is falling apart on his potentially last run for the presidency. He is almost age 69. People dismiss him as too old and too conservative. Reagan's campaign manager Johns Sears, Charlie Black and Jim Lake are not working out. These guys have spent most of the campaign money before Iowa. Reagan is desperate to win so they bring on a financially oriented conservative William Casey and others to help the campaign.

John Sears and others are slowly eased out and fired on the New Hampshire primary day. Reagan probably wins New Hampshire by sheer force of personality.

Later that spring, Dick Cheney and others try to recruit former President Ford to derail Reagan, after George Bush has floundered.

Leading into the convention, history at that time tells us that no previously elected incumbent president has lost a reelection campaign since 1932. That is fifty years. The Reagan know they can't change anything unless they get elected.

There is extreme pressure to unify the party. Only four years before, the moderate blamed Reagan for losing in 1976. Reagan had to work overtime to get the moderates back in the party and win over some in the eastern US. Reagan had the west as a huge electoral block ready to go. But Reagan needed to win southern and some eastern states to win the presidency.

Looking forward from early summer of 1980, there was no way to tell if Reagan was going to win and the odds seemed to be stacked against him.

There are numerous stories about how Ford negotiated to Vice President under Reagan in 1980. Negotiation fell apart on national TV during the GOP convention. A political disaster was starting to unfold during a time Reagan had to reassure the country that he was up to the task of being President.

So at the last minute, during extremely difficult circumstance during the convention, Reagan chose Bush.

Reagan did like Jack Kemp who pushed for the Gold Standard. Reagan campaigned for three years earlier pushing for massive tax cuts and other Jack Kemp policies.

Aratus
10-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Arthur Bremar began by stalking Richard M. Nixon before he then tries to kill George Wallace.
Exactly WHY was this recently arrested dude at a Trump rally? I remember seeing old photos
of Arthur Bremar's cold grin and sun glasses. Calm, cool, collected. In a crowd. If this guy is a
classic lone wolf & has no internet or real world friends, why did his bombs basically do a fail?

Aratus
10-26-2018, 08:48 PM
The other question is, if he is the willing fall guy or a patsy for a shadowy group...